Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I still don’t understand why it was denied under warranty
Prob because the Dealers are supposed to Detail the cars before they sell them. That rail dust might have come off with a simple polish when it was delivered... Hard to trust the dealer network of any brand anymore.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thoroughly detail it, including clay bar. That should lift the contaminants. Then ceramic coat it.

Tmurder1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like many others have said, rail dust. Just wash, clay bar, and polish.

Per the Ford warranty :" The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover surface rust, deterioration and damage of paint, trim, upholstery, and other appearance items that result from use and/or exposure to the elements. You, as the owner, are responsible for these items." You'd have to prove this is rail dust from their delivery and even then, it's not really anyone's responsibility unless the sale contract said it included a detail.

My dealer didn't detail before final delivery to me. Not a huge deal, just takes an afternoon.

EDIT: The warranty also says this: " If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage, and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions and/or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage repairs are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles. For damage caused by airborne material (environmental fallout) where there is no factory-related defect involved and therefore no warranty - our policy is to provide free repair of paint damage due to the airborne material for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first."

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As soon as I can I detail by hand with a quality wax and some rubber/plastic protection every car I buy new or used. I have a system and an order of operation for how I detail cars, that I learned and developed in my dads shop. I found no better way to thoroughly inspect a car to find hidden or covered up problems. I had my dealer align both front door gaps, repair a pressure dent in the hood and respray the tailgate due to a line of missing paint along the top of where the hinge meets the door.

By detailing closely I was able find and see all problems pretty easily and the dealer gave me no problems when I pointed them out and warrantied the work and gave me a loaner for the week.

I also have the piece of mind that all chemicals and rail dust or whatever is cleaned off because I did it. AND I know my Bronco is protected by a quality wax applied correctly because I did it; pride of ownership! And it's really easy to clean after a good detailing, even after wheeling the dirt just comes off easier.

Like everyone said, get it clay barred and a good detailing, maybe some touch up and continue your adventure, it looks like you wheel it so go have fun!

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rail dust
yup - absolutely what it looks like
not a defect, but needs to get taken care of
On the plus side if you go ceramic your paint will look awesome when finished

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My white Bronco is fine and I have not heard much of this is issue unless others chime in. Seems like a one off. You'd figure Ford would get it right with that $1,800 Bronco delivery fee....

Sponsored

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Spray some iron remover on it, let it soak for a few minutes and then wash your Bronco.. problem solved.

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer's responsibility to catch and remediate during PDI. That said, Ford had a lot of trouble with rail dust years ago and even specified a particular brand of wash to help neutralize. It generally boiled down to like others have said. Wash, clay bar, wash again, maybe buff, paint sealer.

Exterior finish or trim damage due to airborne material/environmental fallout (e.g., acid rain, rail dust, or fluid dripping) is not considered a factory defect.
Some types of airborne material/environmental fallout for vehicle prior to 2024MY are considered as an exception and may be reimbursable within 12 months /12,000 miles (please see details for what is and what is not covered below). The warranty claim MUST contain the appropriate Sub-Code, condition code and labor operation, refer to the OWS User Guide for the appropriate claiming procedure. Refer to section 3.5.02.74 PAINT DEFECTS CARS & LIGHT TRUCKS for additional policy details.
Note:

Starting with 2024MY Ford/Lincoln vehicles, airborne material/environmental fallout damage to exterior finish or trim may be reimbursable if the customer reports it within seven calendar days of the new vehicle delivery date (Warranty Start Date). The Dealer must inspect and open a Repair Order to document the damage within the seven calendar days.
WHAT IS COVERED
  • Received damaged from carriers.
  • In dealer stock up to 6 months from dealer receipt.
  • Sold and in possession of owners.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED
  • Damage caused by airborne material (environmental fallout) - where there is no factory-related defect. For example:
    • Damage caused by bird droppings
    • Damage caused by tree sap
    • Stone chips/scratches
    • Hail damage
    • Damage from lightning
    • Damage resulting from flood
  • This policy does not cover surface rust and deterioration of paint, trim, and appearance items that result from use and/or exposure. An example would be overspray from a crop duster.
  • Reimbursement for damage to vehicles caused by a SINGLE, IDENTIFIABLE, CATASTROPHIC event should be sought through the dealership’s insurance company, not Ford.
Note:

• Dealerships are responsible for minimizing damage from environmental fallout during inventory storage.
  • RapGard should be left on vehicles until sold up to a maximum of 4 months.
  • Owners are expected to wash and wax their vehicles frequently to remove harmful deposits from the vehicles’ surfaces to help protect the finish.
3.5.02.07 ALLISON TRANSMISSION

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They forgot to dust the rails or do the rails wear that much?
rails wear that much - a lot of weight(steel wheels on steel rails) riding on the rails. This produces a ton of iron filings that are broadcast all over the place