Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Product page: https://www.rockjock4x4.com/RJ-286200-101

It does require this high clearance AFE axle back exhaust: https://www.rockjock4x4.com/49-43147

Who is buying it?

I have the front bar and trackbar bracket, and absolutely love them both.

Details:
RockJock’s Antirock Sway Bar Kit for the rear of all 2021-up Bronco vehicles helps free up suspension articulation to increase off-road traction. By constantly providing resistance to the articulating wheel, the Antirock forces traction to opposite wheels.
The Antirock sway bar easily bolts on with hand tools, directly replacing the vehicle’s stock rear sway bar. The Antirock does not require disconnecting for off-road use!
The sway bar torsion bar is forged from 4130 heat treated chromoly for ultimate strength, which is the same quality used in professional off-road competition sway bars.

See the front sway bar thread here: https://www.rockjock4x4.com/RJ-286200-101

Ford Bronco Rock Jock Rear Sway Bar Kit released for Bronco 1715206424498-af
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! Finally! Wait, it takes a different exhaust? 😭 lol j/k

I don't know I'm getting rid of the e-disco any time soon. Otherwise, what do you suggest to pair with it? My main area of interest is rock crawling, with visits to Wolf Caves here in Texas my aim (not the buggy stunts, but the rest is fairly gnarly too).

Ford Bronco Rock Jock Rear Sway Bar Kit released for Bronco 1715207953405-oy

OP
OP
Aonarch

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you! Finally! Wait, it takes a different exhaust? 😭 lol j/k

I don't know I'm getting rid of the e-disco any time soon. Otherwise, what do you suggest to pair with it? My main area of interest is rock crawling, with visits to Wolf Caves here in Texas my aim (not the buggy stunts, but the rest is fairly gnarly too).

Ford Bronco Rock Jock Rear Sway Bar Kit released for Bronco 1715207953405-oy
If you don't have the OEM rear sway bar, I'd do this.

I added the OEM rear sway to my two door, which dramatically helped the stability.

The OEM rear bar can actually help the front flex out.

I'm an overland build, so for now I'll probably skip this.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't have the OEM rear sway bar, I'd do this.

I added the OEM rear sway to my two door, which dramatically helped the stability.

The OEM rear bar can actually help the front flex out.

I'm an overland build, so for now I'll probably skip this.
I don't think the Badlands have a rear sway bar? I had assumed the rear AntiRocks only really benefited when you had them both (the front IFS is a different story), but that's probably not a great reading of Curry's interview on YouTube explaining how they work together.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think that rear sway bar on the lightest setting would benefit guys like me who are running without a front sway bar. IDK. I want to see how mine flexes out without either. Thought I would have had it in the rocks by now but the Mrs has had “better” ideas for my time away from work lol. I’m totally used to how it drives on the road without a front sway bar now.

Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 23-24 Badlands have the rear sway bar.
I'm not sure this is worth 1K if you already have the stock rear sway.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure I’m in love with the exhaust solution but eventually I would like some kind of rear torsion sway bar on mine…

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think that rear sway bar on the lightest setting would benefit guys like me who are running without a front sway bar. IDK. I want to see how mine flexes out without either. Thought I would have had it in the rocks by now but the Mrs has had “better” ideas for my time away from work lol. I’m totally used to how it drives on the road without a front sway bar now.
having a rear anti sway bar will add torsional rigidity to the rear. Left/right articulation is resisted by the torsional resistance from the anti sway bar. Uncoupling the sway bar (manual or electronic) removes the torsional rigidity and obviously increases articulation.

articulation resistance at front and rear can be provided by the respective anti sway bars. They will act as torsional springs in series in conjunction with the frame torsional rigidity. For any springs in series, displacement increases for the weaker spring. So adding a rear sway bar to a bronco without one will “push” displacement or articulation to the front. Even more so if a lighter bar than the 1 3/8 OEM bar is put on the front (like rockjoc bar). Which is just under 1” I think.

an oem rear bar with rear locker and no front locker will benefit from increased articulation in front with lighter front bar or disconnect. A rear bar can really help the front out.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

having a rear anti sway bar will add torsional rigidity to the rear. Left/right articulation is resisted by the torsional resistance from the anti sway bar. Uncoupling the sway bar (manual or electronic) removes the torsional rigidity and obviously increases articulation.

articulation resistance at front and rear can be provided by the respective anti sway bars. They will act as torsional springs in series in conjunction with the frame torsional rigidity. For any springs in series, displacement increases for the weaker spring. So adding a rear sway bar to a bronco without one will “push” displacement or articulation to the front. Even more so if a lighter bar than the 1 3/8 OEM bar is put on the front (like rockjoc bar). Which is just under 1” I think.

an oem rear bar with rear locker and no front locker will benefit from increased articulation in front with lighter front bar or disconnect. A rear bar can really help the front out.
So you agree.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So you agree.
of course. Just trying to add to the conversation, but more likely rambling and confusing. 😂

I don’t like the cost or exhaust requirements. I am going to add the belltech or oem rear bar and probably the antirock front bar.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

of course. Just trying to add to the conversation, but more likely rambling and confusing. 😂

I don’t like the cost or exhaust requirements. I am going to add the belltech or oem rear bar and probably the antirock front bar.
No I appreciate your usually scientific analogies. And anyone reading anlong who doesn’t understand how sway bars work can get schooled without asking questions they might be hesitant to ask.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is this a ‘bolt on’ for the models that doesn’t come with a sway bar? If not, what is needed to add it?

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

is this a ‘bolt on’ for the models that doesn’t come with a sway bar? If not, what is needed to add it?
yes it’s fully bolt on. You could weld the brackets to the axle tube if you didn’t want to use the U bolts.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, Currie's interview on YT talked about what you're describing only in less scientific terms, but basically having both interact positively; one corner goes up, the opposite corner goes down. It's pretty neat to see some Jeep with them just roll over stuff, never losing traction. What he says sounds more like a magic trick, but of course there's science behind it.

My issue is I have the e-disco with no way of just removing it (I realize BigMeats has said he figured it out but so far don't see an actual solution; Ford should make it possible).

I don't know I mind the exhaust requirement (I assume it's a more "correct" position for what they need and the full size muffler is in the way), my issue is I have no idea what it sounds like. I'm not just going to put what looks like a glasspack on my Bronco. I had dual Flowmaster long pipes on a 350 years ago and liked that because you'd feel it rumble more than hear it. At least the exhaust is not too expensive and bolts on. I assume this requirement took some time for them decide it was worth it, since in theory fewer will buy it.