Sponsored

Rock Crawling my Wildtrak -- how to “bump up” on a ledge?

NOBUKSGIVN

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
During the maiden voyage of my newly modified 23wildtrak on a rock crawling type run I found that there is seemingly no way to “bump up” on a ledge. Some folks say hold the brake and then push the throttle to get it to bump up. There was 0 affects.
don’t get me wrong, once you get going it’s all good but you need to be able to go slow and stop and get that torque going from a stop. Any help would be appreciated
Ford Bronco Rock Crawling my Wildtrak -- how to “bump up” on a ledge? 46E1DFC7-9E05-44C9-9E32-066FAE467C98
Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

During the maiden voyage of my newly modified 23wildtrak on a rock crawling type run I found that there is seemingly no way to “bump up” on a ledge. Some folks say hold the brake and then push the throttle to get it to bump up. There was 0 affects.
don’t get me wrong, once you get going it’s all good but you need to be able to go slow and stop and get that torque going from a stop. Any help would be appreciated
Ford Bronco Rock Crawling my Wildtrak -- how to “bump up” on a ledge? 46E1DFC7-9E05-44C9-9E32-066FAE467C98
Turn off the traction control. Like, completely off by holding down the button for 5 seconds until the display on the dash shows complete.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Airdown your tires...

Sponsored

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You should attend the "Bronco Off-Rodeo." It's free if you purchased your Bronco new.
If this is addressed in the Bronco class, why not just share the information? By the time my schedule allowed for my being able to attend my invitation expired. As a result-I won’t be attending.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Airdown your tires...
He was aired down. 15 psi, I believe. I was at 10-12 and struggling on the same obstacle. Bumping it would’ve been perfect and I’m also wondering why my bronco doesn’t allow me to hold the brake and throttle up like my Jeeps would.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Turn off the traction control. Like, completely off by holding down the button for 5 seconds until the display on the dash shows complete.
That’s it?!?! I pushed it for a moment in 4L and instead of the “loading bar”(?) showing it’s going to disable TC/ABS after holding it down for the appropriate amount of time, I got a notification that everything was already off. So I didn’t bother holding it down.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this is addressed in the Bronco class, why not just share the information? By the time my schedule allowed for my being able to attend my invitation expired. As a result-I won’t be attending.
I didn't go...I learned offroading at the USMC HMMWV course...their tactics are more Smash & Gas than finesse, which is great when you're not the one paying for repairs.

Sponsored

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without a picture of the ledge it’s impossible to tell. Might be a moab bump, or momentum (just rolling through it), or lockers, or coming at the ledge with a slight angle, or a different line, or something else.
It’s hard to describe how to do a technique, and generally ineffective as compared to practice. That’s why the off-roadeo was suggested. If you want to off-road you should really make time for it. You’ll learn a lot more than just how to bump.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doesn’t selecting rock crawl mode disable traction control, engage 4-low and lock the rear locker? I would hope it allows loading throttle with brakes applied also.