First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgive my ignorance on the matter, I've only had experience with ancient GM transmissions. Wouldn't you want some way to extend the transmission pickup tube/filter down deeper into the bottom of the new pan to take advantage of all that extra fluid during high angle wheeling? It seems to me that the pickup/filter would be sucking mid way down. Thermal mass of extra fluid definitely helps regardless. Maybe it doesn't make enough of a difference to justify another part.

For reference here is a GM 4L80e Mag-hytec instructions that mentions a deep extened filter must be used (bullet point 9): GM 4L80E (mag-hytec.com)

And here is a PPE pan for an Allison 1000 trans that includes an extended deep filter (scroll down the page) PPE Deep Transmission Pan – DmaxStore

Granted these examples are big boy +4 quart pans.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Forgive my ignorance on the matter, I've only had experience with ancient GM transmissions. Wouldn't you want some way to extend the transmission pickup tube/filter down deeper into the bottom of the new pan to take advantage of all that extra fluid during high angle wheeling? It seems to me that the pickup/filter would be sucking mid way down. Thermal mass of extra fluid definitely helps regardless. Maybe it doesn't make enough of a difference to justify another part.

For reference here is a GM 4L80e Mag-hytec instructions that mentions a deep extened filter must be used (bullet point 9): GM 4L80E (mag-hytec.com)

And here is a PPE pan for an Allison 1000 trans that includes an extended deep filter (scroll down the page) PPE Deep Transmission Pan – DmaxStore

Granted these examples are big boy +4 quart pans.
I don't think the filter is located at the deep part of the pan.

Ford Bronco PPE & Mishimoto Transmission Pan Comparison Screenshot_20240306_001023_YouTube

shift9996

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think the filter is located at the deep part of the pan.

Ford Bronco PPE & Mishimoto Transmission Pan Comparison Screenshot_20240306_001023_YouTube
Thanks for the picture. That would probably be why. It doesn't appear like there is an easy way to extend that filter/pickup like on other transmissions.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wanted to share this with everyone who is using a PPE pan. This o-ring is "out of the box" on my PPE pan and as you can see, it is starting to tear. I plan to reach out to PPE for a replacement, but everyone, be aware:

Ford Bronco PPE & Mishimoto Transmission Pan Comparison 20240413_095013

Sponsored
OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

B22-2023

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1977 Bronco, 2023 T4R TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wanted to share this with everyone who is using a PPE pan. This o-ring is "out of the box" on my PPE pan and as you can see, it is starting to tear. I plan to reach out to PPE for a replacement, but everyone, be aware:

Ford Bronco PPE & Mishimoto Transmission Pan Comparison 20240413_095013
I measured the one that I have and it is - 3mm (thick) x 25mm (ID) x 30mm (OD).

PPE sent me a new one, but (just feeling them) the new one seems to be thinner. I also ordered some Viton ones from a separate source because PPE wants your first born for a single o-ring with shipping.
I have the PPE pan on since delivery +1 day, and at 7k miles decided to check the level and condition for the heck of it. All fine but boy that filler hole cap is a
Ford Bronco PPE & Mishimoto Transmission Pan Comparison IMG_8005
piece of junk! Hard to get to, I did get it off but it’s chewed up after only a little wrangling. I’ll be looking for an A/M replacement or maybe just get one from Ford at my fluid change, along with a new o-ring (thanks for link @kr_315) easily at 25 or 30K given the capacity and heat management of the new pan.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I also ordered some Viton ones from a separate source because PPE wants your first born for a single o-ring with shipping.
Ahhh Viton, the wonder elastomer; tough, resistant to about every chemical under the sun, great wear resistance and good at very high temps. A man after my heart...
Sponsored