Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is your compressor supposed to be used with the four way hose system? I noticed you only have a two hose system on your site. Also, to clarify yours doesn't have auto shut off so you'd need to monitor the pressure as it is going?
There's a 4 way upgrade option on the 2 way product page. Either one will relieve that extra load. It does not have auto shut off.

Any downside to running a tank with the Trickflate?

Seems like a tank would eliminate the issues with operating a high flow compressor on a single tire or tool.
I've been experimenting with a tank but word is a tank is actually worse for it, it can fill to 100+ psi between tires and put more stress on the compressor during start up. Morrflate has it right with the unloader valve, it's the best way to make them live.
Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the video, learned a lot. Is there not a compressor that uses a house hold plug? Is there not enough amps/current for a compressor using that plug, or lighter stye plug? Would be nice to not have to even open the hood.
Here was my response to the OP:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...overview-comparisons-video.95152/post-2252064

I got really sick of opening the hood as well (especially because I have to remove the limb risers) and after 2 other compressors, I am so happy with my Milwaukee cordless M18.

Peteduce

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 ND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is some great information, thank you.

I have the Morrflate duo on order and I am going to see if it will mount in this location.
I'm sure it will. They seem to have the same dimensions. You'll just have to cut a part of the base plate. Let me know how it goes!

Jmanly

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mounted my Thor's system using their molle mount. Hardwired with a relay and switch. Plumbed to a CRS mini hose reel. Works awesome, single hose or the 4 tire system.

1000005155.jpg

73Corvetteman

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I look forward to watching the video tonight, when I have the time. It seems the ThorsLightning came in first on speed, which dispels any buyer's remorse I might have had. (Had none.) I endorse the ThorsLightning heartily. It's fast, they're offroaders themselves, and they're customer service is first: they do pick up the phone.
Lastly, they have the only (that I know of) permanent install for the NAPA-based two-cylinder compressor. It goes in a molle cage over the right rear wheel well. The under-hood ARB installs look neat, but I wonder about the heat and dust under there. You can get a complete ThorsLightning setup with complete 4-way hoses and accessories for the price of the ARB dual.

It is fast. Now that I've done it several times, I can air down and up--including hose management--in 10-12 minutes, each cycle. 4 tires inflation 20-41 psi on a 2x2 hose setup is 4-5 minutes.
I also have the complete Thor system. Only used it twice so far but VERY IMPRESSED. 12psi to 40psi in 5 minutes. Things do get hot but that is to be expected. Definitely leave engine running when you use it.

Sponsored

SeptuagenerianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have the complete Thor system. Only used it twice so far but VERY IMPRESSED. 12psi to 40psi in 5 minutes. Things do get hot but that is to be expected. Definitely leave engine running when you use it.
I keep my hoses coiled up in their round bag, wedged between the rear rollbar strut and the window. I can put my tire repair kit and some tire-related items, like a backup gauge, in the center. The bag stays put, is always available even on my city drive.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been experimenting with a tank but word is a tank is actually worse for it, it can fill to 100+ psi between tires and put more stress on the compressor during start up. Morrflate has it right with the unloader valve, it's the best way to make them live.
Would a pressure switch not take care of this?
Also, is it ok to run them horizontally? Thinking of mounting options.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would a pressure switch not take care of this?
Also, is it ok to run them horizontally? Thinking of mounting options.
They are oil-free so the orientation doesn't matter.

A pressure switch would help tremendously, an unloader even more so. In a perfect world you want no resistance on the pistons when it fires up.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2024 Rivian R1S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are oil-free so the orientation doesn't matter.

A pressure switch would help tremendously, an unloader even more so. In a perfect world you want no resistance on the pistons when it fires up.
What exactly is the pressure switch and what does it do if you add it to your trickflate? I’m torn between the trickflate and the morrflate. Love the price of the trick and the tech of the morrflate.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What exactly is the pressure switch and what does it do if you add it to your trickflate? I’m torn between the trickflate and the morrflate. Love the price of the trick and the tech of the morrflate.
It shuts off the compressor at 100 PSI so you don't get huge cylinder head pressures, which is ultimately what kills these type of compressors. Then it kicks it back on at 70 psi. It's less important if you use a 4 way hose and always shut off the compressor before causing a dead-head state.
Sponsored