Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking into ordering an air compressor during the 4th of July sales. Does anyone have any input on ARB vs UDA? I have aux switches so the on unit switch isn’t necessarily an issue. Also I know I can mount under the hood, does that interfere with future CAI or catch can installation? Specifically @Mishimoto I’m not interested in mounting in the tire carrier personally but does anyone have any trunk/bed mounts they like or have considered? I’m trying to avoid having it just in a box in the bed.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I actually really like this one as well my only concern then is would this be an issue in the dunes with the top off? With sand everywhere.
Can’t speak to that issue per se because I haven’t run dunes, but I can tell you these pieces were created at the request of folks from Nevada that kept burning up compressors due to extreme desert heat under the hood

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking into ordering an air compressor during the 4th of July sales. Does anyone have any input on ARB vs UDA? I have aux switches so the on unit switch isn’t necessarily an issue. Also I know I can mount under the hood, does that interfere with future CAI or catch can installation? Specifically @Mishimoto I’m not interested in mounting in the tire carrier personally but does anyone have any trunk/bed mounts they like or have considered? I’m trying to avoid having it just in a box in the bed.
I can tell you that I am very pleased with my ARB single mounted in the engine bay with a KR Offroad bracket, which I installed. They sell the compressor as well. I use it for beach driving. I found that the wiring for the Single was complicated so I had 4Wheel Parts do the wiring. The ARB hose and inflator is great! A set of hydraulic hood struts is essential. I understand the dual ARB has simpler wiring, and inflates in half the time. But I'm happy!

20230509_163848.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can tell you that I am very pleased with my ARB single mounted in the engine bay with a KR Offroad bracket, which I installed. They sell the compressor as well. I use it for beach driving. I found that the wiring for the Single was complicated so I had 4Wheel Parts do the wiring. The ARB hose and inflator is great! A set of hydraulic hood struts is essential. I understand the dual ARB has simpler wiring, and inflates in half the time. But I'm happy!

Ford Bronco Air compressors/Mounting Advice/recommendations 20230509_163848
Ideally I’d just mount it here and call it good but I’m worried I won’t be able to make the other mods I want to do.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just get a bag compressor. Affordable, easy to tuck away when you're not on a trip and there when you need it.

I ran viair on all of my air ride vehicles (I used to build minitrucks in the early 2000s) and they're amazing. I have a bag in the back that doesn't risk getting too hot, hard to lose because it's a giant tan bag that lives in the storage in the back, and works just as well as anything else I've seen for the money.

I get wanting to bolt one on, but I just can't justify it under the engine with how hot it can get and I refuse to permanently mount it on some molle panel or something because of how loud they are plus it's just one more thing out in the open for idiots to want to try to take.

OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just get a bag compressor. Affordable, easy to tuck away when you're not on a trip and there when you need it.

I ran viair on all of my air ride vehicles (I used to build minitrucks in the early 2000s) and they're amazing. I have a bag in the back that doesn't risk getting too hot, hard to lose because it's a giant tan bag that lives in the storage in the back, and works just as well as anything else I've seen for the money.

I get wanting to bolt one on, but I just can't justify it under the engine with how hot it can get and I refuse to permanently mount it on some molle panel or something because of how loud they are plus it's just one more thing out in the open for idiots to want to try to take.
I just spoke with the thors lightning people and their kit has a quick disconnect wiring set up for removal and mounts in the back up on the passenger side. For me it’s just fine rides with the top off so I’m ok with the noise.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's all that matters is it works for you!

I already had one break in that left me spooked, I'm not too excited to leave anything out anymore. My truck is like a damn vault now.

OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's all that matters is it works for you!

I already had one break in that left me spooked, I'm not too excited to leave anything out anymore. My truck is like a damn vault now.
Ugh that’s the worst, yeah I’m happy I’ll be able to disconnect if I go this route. I’ll just throw it on when we go up to the dunes if that’s the case.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ideally I’d just mount it here and call it good but I’m worried I won’t be able to make the other mods I want to do.
Yes, Good Luck, I dont plan any other engine mods so I dont have that concern. I got by for decades with a high quality bagged compressor, with alligator clips, and it worked fine for beach trips. Now I only need the bag for the hose and valve!

SmartSelect_20230702_113147_Gallery.jpg

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been looking into the Thor's Lightning setup as well. The upgrade to the "total control" compressor seems well worth it.

Another user posted his setup installed....

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-do-to-with-your-bronco-today-👨🏻‍🔧🧰🚿🛠.18089/post-1961874
This is actually how I first saw this compressor. Was hoping for more posts and videos of setup and wiring because their written instructions are pretty basic and definitely don’t discuss Bronco specific info.

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMG_6821.jpeg

Twin ARB Compressor and the Grim mounting bracket that’s how much property it will take up. I opted to install the switch under the hood, next to the compressor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Air compressors/Mounting Advice/recommendations IMG_6821

Twin ARB Compressor and the Grim mounting bracket that’s how much property it will take up.
now this one has tempted me a lot, I’m always unsure but very curious, I’d guess it doesn’t get in the way of much but I really don’t know.
Sponsored