First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco big bend 4D Non-sas, 2016 F150 3.5l EB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hard to find clear info on this. I have a NON SAS BB. Currently have the steering rack uninstalled and ready to install the FP rack. Do I follow the same steps as a SAS bronco to install the the program, after I swap the steering rack? If not, can I drive it to ford with the new rack installed so they can use their software to finish the programming?
Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
my understanding is you cannot program it with procal and few if any dealers can/will program itā€¦

OP
OP
Blueberry OJ

Blueberry OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
my understanding is you cannot program it with procal and few if any dealers can/will program itā€¦
Yeah I've seen similar answers. Then I heard somebody did. Haven't seen answers about installing it and driving it to the dealer while the Bronco isn't programmed

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it is not programmed it will throw codes, but you should be able to drive it to the dealer. Whether or not the dealership has an available tech competent enough to program it is entirely another story.

OP
OP
Blueberry OJ

Blueberry OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If it is not programmed it will throw codes, but you should be able to drive it to the dealer. Whether or not the dealership has an available tech competent enough to program it is entirely another story.
Ok, I think as long as I can drive it to the dealer hopefully they can figure it out. Should be cheaper than having them do the whole install. It's just programming, hopefully they have figured it out by now

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, I think as long as I can drive it to the dealer hopefully they can figure it out. Should be cheaper than having them do the whole install. It's just programming, hopefully they have figured it out by now
Supposedly there have been instances where the dealer couldnā€™t figure it out and they had to keep the Bronco for days or weeks. Throw in the supposed incompatibility of a non SAS 4-door and Iā€™d bet against the dealership being willing or able to do it.

OP
OP
Blueberry OJ

Blueberry OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Supposedly there have been instances where the dealer couldnā€™t figure it out and they had to keep the Bronco for days or weeks. Throw in the supposed incompatibility of a non SAS 4-door and Iā€™d bet against the dealership being willing or able to do it.
I believe it, but better them do it than me. Incase I mess something up with the cpu and get myself into a bigger mess. I'm likely going to just install it tomorrow and take it in Tuesday as I already have an appt set up to program it with ford service

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the Ford website.

"Requires Ford Pro-Cal 4 to program and configure the steering gear.

Note: Pro-Cal 4 needs to be connected to the vehicle before the original steering rack is removed to be able to properly configure and program the new steering gear.

Exclusions: 2021-2023 Bronco 4Dr Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, Black Diamond, and Badlands that do NOT have the factory Sasquatch Package."

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-3200-WT

OP
OP
Blueberry OJ

Blueberry OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From the Ford website.

Note: Pro-Cal 4 needs to be connected to the vehicle before the original steering rack is removed to be able to properly configure and program the new steering gear.

Exclusions: 2021-2023 Bronco 4Dr Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, Black Diamond, and Badlands that do NOT have the factory Sasquatch Package."

I get it. My post was more for information about the work around for the exclusioned broncos ex. My big bend non SAS 4 door bronco

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The racks work on any Bronco. The programming is the key. You might want to hit up mpeugeot with what that will require for your specific setup so you know more than the Ford dealership you'll take it to.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From the Ford website.

So any 2024 is good to go? Or they just havenā€™t updated the listing?

OP
OP
Blueberry OJ

Blueberry OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The racks work on any Bronco. The programming is the key. You might want to hit up mpeugeot with what that will require for your specific setup so you know more than the Ford dealership you'll take it to.
Thanks, actually he's been very helpful in another thread. I ended up installing it, cluster pit up like a Xmas tree but still drove. Took it to the dealer today and one of the foreman techs is gonna work on it. So fingers crossed

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, actually he's been very helpful in another thread. I ended up installing it, cluster pit up like a Xmas tree but still drove. Took it to the dealer today and one of the foreman techs is gonna work on it. So fingers crossed
Definitely reach out to him if the dealer tech has any issue. He programmed mine last year.

OP
OP
Blueberry OJ

Blueberry OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So any 2024 is good to go? Or they just havenā€™t updated the listing?
I could be mistaken but I think the 24's come with the 3.0's now
Sponsored