Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally, after 2 1/2 years, my factory hardtop has arrived. Had to switch to the soft top back in 2021 to get my FY21.

Cool crate from Ford too. I need to figure out how to repurpose the wood.
Ford Bronco Factory Hardtop Arrived! 1000004560
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Particle board isn't really worth keeping for anything IMO. Just find yourself a stencil and make something out of nicer wood :)

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was delivered to the dealership today. I'll call tomorrow to schedule the installation.

Sponsored

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had the dealer order my replacement and had them take delivery and install. City life and no garage is rough.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine was delivered to the dealership today. I'll call tomorrow to schedule the installation.
Did everyone that is getting these tops get a special email to order. I was one of the first in WA to get a Bronco and moved from hardtop to softtop after speaking with dealer but they probably did not have it initially in the system so I"m guessing I"m out of luck. Are the tops being shipped MIC Black or Gray?

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did everyone that is getting these tops get a special email to order. I was one of the first in WA to get a Bronco and moved from hardtop to softtop after speaking with dealer but they probably did not have it initially in the system so I"m guessing I"m out of luck. Are the tops being shipped MIC Black or Gray?
I got the email. And they are the MIC Gray.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The crate might be better quality than the HT 😄 speaking as someone with a HT.
That's like, buy the shoes, wear the boxes.
LOL

(Something my Grandma would say regarding people who had big feet)

Sponsored

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A friend of mine didn't get an email but logged in here and was able to purchase - my '21 came with a hardtop and I am not able to.

I'd just log in and check here:

https://accessories.ford.com/4dr-bronco-hardtop-m10500ht

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

MNBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The price is still a swift kick in the nuts. I get it is market price but the dual top option was only $2545 in 2022. If Ford is going to do invite to soft top owners, it should be a better price.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. Like the Ford Warranty but think I will go Anderson or Turn for the black top.
I waited 32 weeks to get my Anderson “primed” hardtop and I can tell you that the hardtop I received is very poorly constructed, with uneven surfaces , holes, bumps , and other deformities. It was delivered to an auto body shop that worked on it for weeks, however could not get rid of the waves, holes and bumps. The owner contacted Anderson regarding the problems with the construction of the hardtop, and the response form Anderson was, none of the problems stated above are covered under their warranty. They told the body shop that they need to fill the holes, and sand it. Thy did fill in the uneven spots but there were just too many, and now after working weeks and it, it still looks like crap. You can see the waves from 100 feet away. All there are many many gaps between the weather strips, and you can clearly see the foam inside the hardtop form the sides. I am extremely disappointed with this hardtop as I spend close to 7k to buy it and another 2k to paint it and it still looks really bad. Other auto body shops have told me that fixing this is not possible because the surface has waves all over.

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I waited 32 weeks to get my Anderson “primed” hardtop and I can tell you that the hardtop I received is very poorly constructed, with uneven surface, holes, bumps , and other deformities. I was delivered to an auto body shop that worked on it for weeks, however could not get rid of the waves, holes and bumps. The owner contacted Anderson regarding the problems with the construction of the hardtop, and the response form Anderson was, none of the problems stated above are covered under their warranty. They told the body shop that they need to fill the holes, and sand it. Thy did fill in the uneven spots but there were just too many, and now after working weeks and it, it still looks like crap. You can see the waves from 100 feet away. All there are many many gaps between the weather strips, and you can clearly see the foam inside the hardtop form the sides. I am extremely disappointed with this hardtop as I spend close to 7k to buy it and another 2k to paint it and it still looks really bad. Other auto body shops have told me that fixing this is not possible because the surface has waves all over.
Sorry yours is that bad! The only way around it is a Line-X like coating or maybe a wrap would work.

My original quote to paint my Anderson top was $2500. Wound up $3600 when it was all said and done due to the extra work they had to do. The had to completely remove all primer and add their own. Mine has some flaws but really only stuff I would notice. Not happy to have spent so much and if I could do it over I would have just gotten the standard black finish.

That’s life sometimes but other than that I love the top
Sponsored

Last edited: