First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here are the instructions for doing it without FDRS. You’ll still need some type of Ford compatible TPMS calibration tool though.

Programming

NOTE:
Enter Training Mode Without Scan Tool

1. NOTE: The horn will sound once and the TPMSindicator will flash if the training mode has been entered successfully. If equipped, the message center will display TRAIN Left Front (LF) TIRE.
    With the ignition OFF, press and release the brake pedal.
  2. Using the start/stop switch, position the ignition from OFF to RUN 3 times, ending in the RUN position.
  3. Press and release the brake pedal.
  4. Position the ignition to OFF position.
  5. Using the start/stop switch, position the ignition from OFF to RUN 3 times, ending in the RUN position.
Programming

NOTE:
TPMS Sensor Training Procedure

1. NOTE: It may take up to 6 seconds to activate a tire pressure sensor. During this time, the special tool must remain in place at the valve stem.
    Within 2 minutes of the horn sounding, place the special tool on the Left Front (LF) tire sidewall at the valve stem. Press and release the test button on the special tool. The horn will sound briefly to indicate that the tire pressure sensor has been recognized by the BCM .
    Use Special Service Tool: 204-D081A (204-D081) Tire Pressure Monitor (TPMS).
  2. Within 2 minutes of the horn sounding, place the special tool on the Right Front (RF) tire sidewall at the valve stem and press and release the test button to train the Right Front (RF) tire pressure sensor.
    Use Special Service Tool: 204-D081A (204-D081) Tire Pressure Monitor (TPMS).
  3. Repeat Step 1 for the Right Rear (RR) within 2 minutes of the horn sounding, place the special tool on the Right Rear (RR) tire sidewall at the valve stem and press and release the test button to train the Right Rear (RR) tire pressure sensor. For Left Rear (LR) tires within 2 minutes of the horn sounding, place the special tool on the Left Rear (LR) tire sidewall at the valve stem and press and release the test button to train the Left Rear (LR) tire pressure sensor. The procedure is completed after the last tire has been trained. When the training procedure is completed, the message center (if equipped) will display TIRE TRAINING COMPLETE. For vehicles not equipped with a message center, successful completion of the training procedure will be verified by positioning the ignition to OFF without the horn sounding. If the horn sounds twice when the ignition is positioned to OFF, the training procedure was not successful.
Just to follow up on this, you can get a tool for Ford TPMS on Amazon for less than $30. I've had one for years and it works great.

https://a.co/d/eixY2mQ

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2023 Bronco Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No, it's not. I've done several five tire rotations with the stock wheels, no problem. They do have to run the reset afterwards so it detects which are mounted.
Same as above on my end; multiple five -tire rotations with no TPMS warning light issues.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Spare definitely has a TPMS, no tool is needed, and it reads a 2nd set of TPMS wheels just fine.

Where I live actual winter tires are needed. So I have 2 sets of stock Badlands wheels, both with TPMS. I switch every 6 months with a 5 tire rotation. Within 10-15 minutes of driving the system figures everything out, super easy, no tools needed.

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sat there and watched the guys doing mine once get up on a rickety ladder and pull the spare off. It would've been funny if it didn't look so dangerous. I asked why they didn't just put the lift down it was on and they kinda had this far off look... lol
Told you that you're going to the wrong place lol :cool:

Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
is there a way for me to manually do the reset?
Your tire techs are incompetent af! Is this the first time they're ever doing a 5-tire rotation with TPMS? All those regular-size spare tire pickup trucks, SUVs? I mean how long have TPMS been on the market?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your tire techs are incompetent af! Is this the first time they're ever doing a 5-tire rotation with TPMS? All those regular-size spare tire pickup trucks, SUVs? I mean how long have TPMS been on the market?
It was the service writer, who may have no actual experience.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just brought my 23 wildtrack in for its first oil change tire rotation at a local Ford dealer. I asked them to do a 5 tire rotation and the service advisor stated that the spare does not have a tpms sensor and it would throw a light if they rotated it in. Is it true the spare does not come with a tpms sensor from the factory?

Hey Potter, your dealer does not know what he is talking about. My dealer has now done two 5 tire rotations with no issues. Either he does not want to do it, or he knows nothing about the tpms systems on the Bronco.

OP
OP

Potter

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Does spare tire have TPMS sensor? IMG_0740
Just rotated the spare in on the right rear. It took 5-10 minutes for the bronco to pick up the TPMS, but it worked fine without having to reset. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
fyi, the budget priced aftermarket TPMS sensors I bought off Amazon registered no problem on my Bronco. Took a few miles driving and they registered. No programming or secondary device was needed to register the sensors. 500+ miles later they are working fine. I'll be putting the same sensor in my spare tire next week. If there are any strange issues I'll report back.

Sponsored

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure how the dealer staff aren't informed about this. I've also had them try to tell me that there is no TPMS sense and I told them yes there is. This is after getting multiple 5 tire rotates at the same dealer. It also doesn't require any manual reset or calibration, the system will pick up the sense on the rotate tire automatically.

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can confirm it does have a tpms in the spare. It automatically sets the new tires location after driving for a few minutes. Have tested it with deflating a tire to 20psi and it does detect it's new location. The techs at your location either just don't know or are too lazy to do it. Not to brag but I weigh 135lbs soaking wet and can do it with 33" mud tires with only 400mg of ibuprofen.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, he was right. Ford spare tires don’t have a tpms…

BUT, the Bronco doesn’t have a spare tire, it has a fifth tire.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Spare has the sensor, but needs to be activated when put in rotation.
Sponsored