First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just brought my 23 wildtrack in for its first oil change tire rotation at a local Ford dealer. I asked them to do a 5 tire rotation and the service advisor stated that the spare does not have a tpms sensor and it would throw a light if they rotated it in. Is it true the spare does not come with a tpms sensor from the factory?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Potter

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, it's not. I've done several five tire rotations with the stock wheels, no problem. They do have to run the reset afterwards so it detects which are mounted.
is there a way for me to manually do the reset?

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just brought my 23 wildtrack in for its first oil change tire rotation at a local Ford dealer. I asked them to do a 5 tire rotation and the service advisor stated that the spare does not have a tpms sensor and it would throw a light if they rotated it in. Is it true the spare does not come with a tpms sensor from the factory?
They just dont want to lift that ~90lb tire onto the rear carrier. Ive done the 5 tire rotation myself without any TPMS reset necessary.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is there a way for me to manually do the reset?
Sure. I believe it's just a matter of pushing buttons to go into find mode (no FDRS or anything).

@Ducati1098, do you know how to do this?

Note, the dealer should do it, as well as any competent tire shop.

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, it's not. I've done several five tire rotations with the stock wheels, no problem. They do have to run the reset afterwards so it detects which are mounted.
I've never reset anything when rotating my tires, the system figures it out pretty quickly...

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never reset anything when rotating my tires, the system figures it out pretty quickly...
I saw that above. The shop that's done three or four of mine do a reset, because I've asked. I don't know, maybe it's not necessary or there was some miscommunication.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I did get a flat once and changed to the spare and it took maybe 10-20 miles before it stopped complaining about that tire. So maybe they do the reset so I don't bring it back and complain? They do something.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They just dont want to lift that ~90lb tire onto the rear carrier. Ive done the 5 tire rotation myself without any TPMS reset necessary.
I sat there and watched the guys doing mine once get up on a rickety ladder and pull the spare off. It would've been funny if it didn't look so dangerous. I asked why they didn't just put the lift down it was on and they kinda had this far off look... lol

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks everyone. I called the service manager and let him know his guy is an idiot.
No need to perform manual reset. If you throw it on, drive it down the road and within 6-10 minutes the sensor will automatically acquire.

ebrs929

Big Bend
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same here. First tire change we did in a truck stop parking lot at 11pm one night (ps - welding rods and tires don't mix). We have since done two 5 tire rotations at a shop and at home.
Never reset anything, just kept it moving. Never had an issue or error.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just brought my 23 wildtrack in for its first oil change tire rotation at a local Ford dealer. I asked them to do a 5 tire rotation and the service advisor stated that the spare does not have a TPMS sensor and it would throw a light if they rotated it in. Is it true the spare does not come with a TPMS sensor from the factory?
OMG, that service advisor is uninformed. Not only does the 5th tire have TPMS, but your Bronco will automatically recognize when you rotate it in. Trust me, I've changed my tires at least a dozen times in the past year. Not only will the Bronco recognize the spare rotated in, but it will also recognize the TPMS sensors on a complete second set. I run these as my street tires:
Ford Bronco Does spare tire have TPMS sensor? tempImagercgII

And regularly swap in my OEMs for off-roading. I've never even given the TPMS sensors a second thought. They just work.
Ford Bronco Does spare tire have TPMS sensor? tempImageUJovII

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One thing I wish the tire pressure display would show is the spare tire

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sure. I believe it's just a matter of pushing buttons to go into find mode (no FDRS or anything).

@Ducati1098, do you know how to do this?

Note, the dealer should do it, as well as any competent tire shop.
Here are the instructions for doing it without FDRS. You’ll still need some type of Ford compatible TPMS calibration tool though.

Programming

NOTE:
Enter Training Mode Without Scan Tool

1. NOTE: The horn will sound once and the TPMSindicator will flash if the training mode has been entered successfully. If equipped, the message center will display TRAIN Left Front (LF) TIRE.
    With the ignition OFF, press and release the brake pedal.
  1. Using the start/stop switch, position the ignition from OFF to RUN 3 times, ending in the RUN position.
  1. Press and release the brake pedal.
  1. Position the ignition to OFF position.
  1. Using the start/stop switch, position the ignition from OFF to RUN 3 times, ending in the RUN position.
Programming

NOTE:
TPMS Sensor Training Procedure

1. NOTE: It may take up to 6 seconds to activate a tire pressure sensor. During this time, the special tool must remain in place at the valve stem.
    Within 2 minutes of the horn sounding, place the special tool on the Left Front (LF) tire sidewall at the valve stem. Press and release the test button on the special tool. The horn will sound briefly to indicate that the tire pressure sensor has been recognized by the BCM .
    Use Special Service Tool: 204-D081A (204-D081) Tire Pressure Monitor (TPMS).
  1. Within 2 minutes of the horn sounding, place the special tool on the Right Front (RF) tire sidewall at the valve stem and press and release the test button to train the Right Front (RF) tire pressure sensor.
    Use Special Service Tool: 204-D081A (204-D081) Tire Pressure Monitor (TPMS).
  1. Repeat Step 1 for the Right Rear (RR) within 2 minutes of the horn sounding, place the special tool on the Right Rear (RR) tire sidewall at the valve stem and press and release the test button to train the Right Rear (RR) tire pressure sensor. For Left Rear (LR) tires within 2 minutes of the horn sounding, place the special tool on the Left Rear (LR) tire sidewall at the valve stem and press and release the test button to train the Left Rear (LR) tire pressure sensor. The procedure is completed after the last tire has been trained. When the training procedure is completed, the message center (if equipped) will display TIRE TRAINING COMPLETE. For vehicles not equipped with a message center, successful completion of the training procedure will be verified by positioning the ignition to OFF without the horn sounding. If the horn sounds twice when the ignition is positioned to OFF, the training procedure was not successful.
Sponsored