UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi all, maybe a n00b question but how much does the goat mode suspension setting one is in matter as to the durability of the vehicle.

Example: if I go over a speed bump at 100km/h in Sport mode, catch some air and land vs same scenario above in Baja mode.

Will the scenario above be better for the vehicle durability (no breaking stuff etc) in Baja mode since Baja mode is supposed to soften suspension to take larger hits/bumps?

Ps. Most promotional videos show Bronco catching air on dirt/sand, is doing the same on rock/asphalt worse/problematic since these are hard surfaces with no give as opposed to dirt/sand.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes for a Raptor
I don’t think it hurts the suspension at all, unless you’re bottoming it out, it will just handle worse and the composure of the vehicle will be worse. I wouldn’t expect to much worse, but noticeablly at least.

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi all, maybe a n00b question but how much does the goat mode suspension setting one is in matter as to the durability of the vehicle.

Example: if I go over a speed bump at 100km/h in Sport mode, catch some air and land vs same scenario above in Baja mode.

Will the scenario above be better for the vehicle durability (no breaking stuff etc) in Baja mode since Baja mode is supposed to soften suspension to take larger hits/bumps?

Ps. Most promotional videos show Bronco catching air on dirt/sand, is doing the same on rock/asphalt worse/problematic since these are hard surfaces with no give as opposed to dirt/sand.

Thanks!
yes goat modes work i wheel often and its rare i go goat mode but do change in and out of trac control when needed ...goat will not changes suspension firmness or travel on std broncos

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If you go off-roading and attempting to catch air at 60mph+, 1. wear your seat belt, and 2. be sure to have someone video the resulting carnage.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

GOAT modes in a raptor will change the suspension, in our mere mortal Bronco's and yours it will also change things like Turbo spooling and allow for various degrees of wheel slip, shift points and steering input if I'm not mistaken. Your adjusting an entire system, so no one point in time is likely to matter, but over time of course it will create or protect you from various driveline stresses and alter performance.

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you go off-roading and attempting to catch air at 60mph+, 1. wear your seat belt, and 2. be sure to have someone video the resulting carnage.
Raptor model can take it pretty well, at least on dirt.

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don’t recall where I picked this up but it’s from “back in the day” (and pre-Raptor)

This provides an overview of the GOAT modes & their changes to vehicle settings.

Ford Bronco Do GOATs matter? IMG_6366

OP
OP
UniBroncorn

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don’t recall where I picked this up but it’s from “back in the day” (and pre-Raptor)

This provides an overview of the GOAT modes & their changes to vehicle settings.

I went to Fox 🦊 website and based on their live valve technology explanation I think that GOAT does nothing to actual suspension as it self adjusts. I think GOAT just changes the parameters that above table indicates.

Any one else with more concrete explanation/proof please chime in.

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base

Thanks!
I hope that I am misunderstanding your intention.

Speed bumps usually reside in residential areas - areas with low speed limits because pedestrians are around.

If you are doing 100km/h in such an environment that qualifies you for some sort of douche-bag award.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I knew my steering changes in Sport and the chart reinforces that feeling

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goat modes are the cheat sheets for off roading with all the electronics. You can change it all manually, but why???
Sponsored