First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda Miata and 2024 Mazda CX90 PHEV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I picked up factory skids for free (other than the transmission skid, which is not standard on anything other than the BRaptor). Also ended up with the steel modular front bumper and steel rear bumper for free. Lots of people ditch them to upgrade. Got factory rock rails and Sasquatch fenders in trade for OBX painted fenders... So you can get a lot of this stuff inexpensively.
That’s all really good information thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP

idontknow

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If ya want a 2dr manual (you never said) there seems to be about $4k difference and I don’t see it…I would get the big bend and add those extra things you may want from the aftermarket…but you do you…welcome and party on!
Yes Im looking at a 2 door sorry. I’ve updated my original post to include that. Thanks!

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll throw my hat in the ring with the rest: sure wish I could order a BaseSquatch with cloth seats.
Those vinyls are brutal in the summer, I put cabbie beads on my seat so I can topless without sweating

OP
OP

idontknow

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those vinyls are brutal in the summer, I put cabbie beads on my seat so I can topless without sweating
That’s interesting. I would have thought they breathe pretty well. Do they just get sticky? I have Napa leather currently in both my vehicles and love it compared to cloth.

It looks like the only cloth that’s available would be the heritage which…..checks all the boxes it looks like for what Im looking for but is a little more than I wanted to spend. But it’s not completely out of the question however wasn’t on my radar initially.

shishkabob90

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s a decent monthly difference between the two and as far as I can tell I’m only losing out on the washout floor on the black diamond? Is there something else I’d be missing or should consider?
not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I think 2024s BBs come with both the MGV seats and the wash out floor. At least mine did and I didn't see it mentioned as an option on the sticker.

Sponsored
OP
OP

idontknow

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I think 2024s BBs come with both the MGV seats and the wash out floor. At least mine did and I didn't see it mentioned as an option on the sticker.
Yeah I saw they changed to the MGV for the BB. I wasn’t aware its a washout floor now thats nice!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s interesting. I would have thought they breathe pretty well. Do they just get sticky? I have Napa leather currently in both my vehicles and love it compared to cloth.

It looks like the only cloth that’s available would be the heritage which…..checks all the boxes it looks like for what Im looking for but is a little more than I wanted to spend. But it’s not completely out of the question however wasn’t on my radar initially.
The heritage is a good deal considering the line up. It will also likely hold it's value as well as or better than most other Broncos (excepting the First Edition, Raptor, Everglades, and Heritage Limited). It's likely to hold value better than the Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outer Banks, and pre HOSS 3.0 WildTraks.

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Black Diamond also comes w/Rear Lockers.

I don't know if the Big Bend has that option, or simply has open differentials.
It's supposed to be an option on the Big Bend, but when I use the configurator it won't actually let you select it. I think Ford may have decided the option was "sold out" on Big Bend for the year.

OP
OP

idontknow

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's supposed to be an option on the Big Bend, but when I use the configurator it won't actually let you select it. I think Ford may have decided the option was "sold out" on Big Bend for the year.
That’s odd it let me select it when I tried. I think there build and price thing is just screwy. Not the first time Ive seen it do odd things..

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s odd it let me select it when I tried. I think there build and price thing is just screwy. Not the first time Ive seen it do odd things..
Well, after obsessively working the build and price tool for several months Aug-Oct 2021, over 18 months later I found out there was this model called a BASE that I'd never seen. They hid a hole model from me!

I remember my salesman saying something like certain options are only available at different times of the day/week. Salesmen say stuff all the time that's not true, but it's plausible without knowing any better. 🤷‍♂️

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Again, beaded seat covers as I don't wanna sweat my balls off in the summer. Wonder how much it costs to reupholster to cloth?

Gregus73

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Silverado 2500 HC, 2023 Bronco Heritage, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I was ready to sign on the paperwork for the BD, the dealer wanted to also throw in the numbers for a Heritage and jumped on it.

The BD seems like the best value to me.

Last edited:

Eliminator

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I debated between the Big Bend and Black Diamond prior to placing an order for a 2024 Black Diamond. In my opinion, the decision hinges on the choice of transmission. If I wanted the 7 speed manual, I would probably get the Big Bend and opt for the locking rear. In this case both trims have the exact same drive trains with 4.46 locking rear gears and equal performance. Playing with the configurator and optioning both trims with a 7 speed and the Mid Package (and a couple other options) and getting as close as possible to apples and apples netted a $2660 difference. Select the auto transmission and the difference becomes $2360. However, with the auto, the Big Bend then gets a 4.27 locking rear versus the 4.46 locking rear on the Black Diamond.
I preferred the auto transmission (for a number of reasons) and the steeper gears, which is why I chose the Black Diamond.
So, what does one get for an additional $2360 in this configuration? A slightly steeper rear gear, a steel rear bumper that is arguably sturdier and looks better (IMO), bash plates, rock rails, a more attractive grill in shape and in color (IMO), far more attractive wheels (IMO), and better tires with more aggressive tread.
Even though I have already changed wheels, and to larger tires, and changed the rails, it was still worth it for me to have the auto and gearing.

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like the only way to get the automatic 4x4 is to upgrade to the squach package which really is more than I want to spend.
Living in lake snow country, I don't have the automatic 4x4 on my base and there are times where it is a pain with some roads being partially cleared and others fully cleared. For the most part it's fine when you have decent tires for the snow (not too wide). Just pay attention to the road conditions and engage/disengage as needed (at the appropriate speed).

My bronco is my daily. I recently swapped my base highway tires for some Cooper Road + Trail ATs and I'm looking forward to testing them out in snow. I increased the size slightly over base (to 265/70/R16) and I still get 22 mpg with 3.73 gearing. The tires are great on the road, no noise difference between those and the HTs and perform in dry/wet.

Given the limited difference in price between the trims, I'd personally go for the BD because I like the look of that trim. The BD comes with 4 factory bash plates and rock-crawl GOAT mode. You say that you're just daily driving the Bronco until you change your mind in about 3 weeks, and start planning trips with it. I also think the tires coming stock on the BD are better than the A/T Bridgestones on the BB.

If you have issues with the seats, some people have raised the front of the seat with washers.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/uncomfortable-front-seats-what-is-the-solution.80126/page-3

I came from a car and really appreciate being able to sit naturally in a vehicle and the ride being more truck-like.

Good luck with your choice and enjoy.

tire4.jpg

tire1.jpg
Sponsored