First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As a former sheriff's office employee I can tell you that in our small town and mostly rural areas everyone gets pulled over after 2am, especially if you're within a couple miles of the bar or the strip joint. If a deputy observes a vehicle with high beams going on an off a lot then that would also cause them to at least stop you and check. We don't have many businesses that stay open until 2am so there are very few good reasons for people to be out at that hour and a high likelihood of bad activity.

As for the explorers that law enforcement uses, those are interceptor models that generally have most of the nanny stuff disabled.
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never had a vehicle with auto high beams until the 2020 Ranger and they worked perfectly as do my Bronco. I've never had them go high when it wasn't appropriate . They also go to low beam very quickly , probably faster than I would react , and they gradually fade back up to high so it doesn't look like they are flashing at all . Curious if those that do not like them have the standard halogen lights or LED . My Ranger was a Lariat with LED and the Bronco has the signature LEDs . Also have they added a front level or lift kit that changes the angle of the sensor in the windshield ? Strange that mine perform flawless and is one of the best "Nannies" Ford has implemented so far ,LOL.

Also what do you people consider a nanny ? Auto transmissions ? Automatic door locks ? Cruise control ? To me a nanny is something like the annoying "Keep your hands on the steering wheel" mssg when I've had both hands on the damn wheel the whole time.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As a former sheriff's office employee I can tell you that in our small town and mostly rural areas everyone gets pulled over after 2am, especially if you're within a couple miles of the bar or the strip joint. If a deputy observes a vehicle with high beams going on an off a lot then that would also cause them to at least stop you and check. We don't have many businesses that stay open until 2am so there are very few good reasons for people to be out at that hour and a high likelihood of bad activity.

As for the explorers that law enforcement uses, those are interceptor models that generally have most of the nanny stuff disabled.
yes, we’re aware that LEOs regularly pull people over without reasonable suspicion.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do all models have this feature? I’ve got a base and never noticed this. Then again, I work nights so my Bronco is normally parked at work during the dark hours.. most if not all of my driving is daytime.
...My 21 Base has it..I like it..

Sponsored

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
yes, we’re aware that LEOs regularly pull people over without reasonable suspicion.
Well your definition and the legal definition may differ.

Lej512

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Disclaimer - My career and my wife's career was in law enforcement. We are both retired now. I don't want to get into a whole "good cop/bad cop" thing. The goal of any police officer is his safety, his partner's safety and the public's safety, usually in that order. I've been stopped three times in my life and I've never even had to show my agency ID. I was polite, professional and respectful and as a result, so was the officer (whom I didn't know). After a brief conversation, I was sent on my way. It's a far different world now than it was 35 years ago from a police officer's perspective.

With that said, I had auto high beams on my 2018 Raptor and I hated them. All too often oncoming drivers, or drivers entering from side streets, thought I was flashing my high beams at them. As far as my 2023 Bronco, I love the fade in/fade out. I believe, at least on the Bronco, you can disable them in vehicle settings without ForScan.

I also believe the Ford Interceptor packages have the "conveniences" disabled as well as the ability to "blackout". Not sure about the Dodge Chargers.

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
The first night I drove my bronco I was like wtf is up with these lights going on and off themselves. Never knew auto high beams was a thing, spent a minute and figured out how to turn that shit off. If you cant operate high beams yourself you shouldnt be driving.

I'm sick of cars with auto lights as well, its why you see idiot after idiot in rain and fog driving around with no lights on. These people are a danger to themselves and drivers around them because they are to stupid and lazy to turn on or off lights themselves when the time is appropriate.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The first night I drove my bronco I was like wtf is up with these lights going on and off themselves. Never knew auto high beams was a thing, spent a minute and figured out how to turn that shit off. If you cant operate high beams yourself you shouldnt be driving.

I'm sick of cars with auto lights as well, its why you see idiot after idiot in rain and fog driving around with no lights on. These people are a danger to themselves and drivers around them because they are to stupid and lazy to turn on or off lights themselves when the time is appropriate.
On my now gone Badlands I put aftermarket fog lights on in place of the factory fogs. They were pretty strong and amber. On the test drive they were flipping on and off and I was frantically thinking through what could be going wrong. Was the factory fog light relay tripping from over load? Did I have a loose connector? Can Bus incompatibility?

Nope, it was the auto high beams going on and off. Every time the high beams came on the fog lights are turned off per regulations. Derp :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thought I wouldn't like auto high beams, but decided to give them a try anyway. I have normally used high beams very sparingly. Using them only rarely and only on lightly trafficked rural highways. The auto beams are a new experience for me, but I find them unobjectionable. Could easily live without it, but it doesn't bug me to have it.

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I turn them off as well- wonder if the feature can be deleted using Forscan?
On a separate but related note, I had 23 F-150 as a loaner while the Bronco was getting a new hardtop. Those auto high beams seemed to work a lot better and, they “fade” on and off from high to low - doesn’t look like you’re flashing high beams at people
The Signature Lights on my Badlands fade on and off extremely well. They are definitely not abrupt.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very weird the officer hasn't experienced the auto high beams.

Don't Ford have auto high beams on the new police Explorers too? Maybe the small town hasn't bought new Explorers yet, but many jurisdictions used pandemic money to buy the newer models.
He has for sure, just a reason to give for throwing the net out.
Sponsored