Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one is locked into anything..... anything can be changed... If you change gear ratio, does that lock you in? I do not want a "buggy".... NOT the wheeling I want to do. I like something I can daily and at the same time I can go to places that I want to go.... Do I need the portals to get there? NO. but it sure makes it easier to get there.... I am not hitting the skids very often. I have enough clearance, I just clear.... That is a really good feeling. Worth every single penny to me.
I don't know exactly what @Snacktime is referring, but my guess is having to chop the axles to mount them means you'd have to change the axles to remove them, right?
Sponsored

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In hindsight my 4WP trans skid is too heavy. I'd have liked to just yolo and go full aluminum under tray with the fancy plastic sliders.
You referring to the NVM aluminum trans plate with cutting board material (UHMW)?

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I've never bought rims except what came on a car already. Method is pushing a "lug kit" with lug nuts. There's no reason I need this, right? I would just use my current lug nuts?

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I've never bought rims except what came on a car already. Method is pushing a "lug kit" with lug nuts. There's no reason I need this, right? I would just use my current lug nuts?
You may want low profile nuts, some wheels have tight reliefs that don't allow full size sockets. I have to use a low profile impact socket on my lug nuts.

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may want low profile nuts, some wheels have tight reliefs that don't allow full size sockets. I have to use a low profile impact socket on my lug nuts.
Good point. I'll have to take a look at that then. I guess the 55cal bullet lugs are out... :LOL:

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You referring to the NVM aluminum trans plate with cutting board material (UHMW)?
That is the one!

You will want/ need them.

Exactly.

The Gorilla multi-spline lugs are what I use. Very low profile. They also work like lock nuts. Any professional wheel thief can zap them right off, just like lock nuts. But any amateur trying to steal your spare will struggle.

There are a few different types of lug nuts seats, the two most common being conical and ball conical. They have other names like acorn, ball, etc.

Ford Bronco Advice on Method rims 1719841631733-z7

So that is consideration #1, making sure you have the correct seat for the aftermarket wheels.

Then obviously thread pitch and size for the studs/ wheel bolts.

Then thread engagement. I want an absolute minimum of 6 turns of the lug on the stud. I'd prefer much more than that. The lug nuts don't really hold the wheel on, the friction between the hub and the back of the wheel does. The lugs just keep that contact point firm.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know exactly what @Snacktime is referring, but my guess is having to chop the axles to mount them means you'd have to change the axles to remove them, right?
I am referring to axle splines, you are locking yourself in. The full float rear setup is an improvement but your still limited to m220 splines and ring gear. The front you are going to be limited by the stock spine count at the portal. It's a hard limit, not really worried about the front. A Dana 60 or larger rear will be a healthy upgrade but if you have to run smaller splines at the portals you lose a lot of the benefits.

At some point we are going to start getting a few more players in the axle game.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Only cutting an 1-1/4 inch off the fronts.... Front Shafts can be changed out easily....

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 703's are what I was looking at. I was confused on the spacer thing, but this is what I'm thinking now. I wonder if I went positive 35 then I could go with a spacer if I need one (I'm cutting the crash bar mounts off soon). I think that was what I meant to say yesterday, because a spacer on a 0 offset would be pretty wide! And I don't want wide.

https://www.methodracewheels.com/co...cts/703-gloss-titanium?variant=39550687903805
I love my beadgrip wheels. There are no issues with lower PSI, and I think Method makes great-looking wheels.

rear.40.sitting.jpg
Sponsored