swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes I did the, I broke both front CVs and steering rack in Moab. It went Pass side CV pop, Driver Side CV pop then rack boom.
Very interesting. What will keep CVs from breaking again, post rack and stronger tie rods?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor 1972 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Read a lot of crap about RCV's lately, let us know how they work for you when you get them?
What crap? I have never had issues with them and ran them in many vehicles.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What crap? I have never had issues with them and ran them in many vehicles.
Premature failure, loud clunking or vibration when brand new, poor warranty support. I haven't dealt with them in years but just reading about it online in various forums, mostly from the Jeep crowd and a few desert trucks, makes it sound like the RCV Performance from 5 years ago has changed a lot from how I remember them.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've read in B6G about guys having issues with the RCV's for the Bronc. I just thought they had some teething pains with the Bronc. I did not know the Jeep guys are having issues as well. :unsure: RVC's were always the bomb........ did the parent company change hands???? Sometimes when that happens the quality can change. Small companies get bought out by bigger ones and it all goes to shit. I have seen it happen. 😁

OP
OP

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor 1972 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Premature failure, loud clunking or vibration when brand new, poor warranty support. I haven't dealt with them in years but just reading about it online in various forums, mostly from the Jeep crowd and a few desert trucks, makes it sound like the RCV Performance from 5 years ago has changed a lot from how I remember them.

I have never had issues with them, ran them in many Jeeps and my 4runner and soon bronco raptor. I have heard of one bronco owner complaing that there is a clicking when in 4wheel drive but that is normal. Its the balls tapping the cage throughout the cycle as it spins.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes I did the, I broke both front CVs and steering rack in Moab. It went Pass side CV pop, Driver Side CV pop then rack boom.
Did you have it locked?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have never had issues with them, ran them in many Jeeps and my 4runner and soon bronco raptor. I have heard of one bronco owner complaing that there is a clicking when in 4wheel drive but that is normal. Its the balls tapping the cage throughout the cycle as it spins.
Yeah, I mean, that's been my experience with them as well. I hadn't looked into them for several years, but then I got the Bronco and started looking at them again...that's when I started running across others having problems with them. Internet forums have a way of magnifying acceptable failure rates in a way that makes them seem more prevalent, and that's why I wanted to see what your thoughts were after running them for a bit.

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I mean, that's been my experience with them as well. I hadn't looked into them for several years, but then I got the Bronco and started looking at them again...that's when I started running across others having problems with them. Internet forums have a way of magnifying acceptable failure rates in a way that makes them seem more prevalent, and that's why I wanted to see what your thoughts were after running them for a bit.
I ran the early RCV’s in the Bronco. They were popping “not clicking”. And they slung grease everywhere. Sounds like bad wheeling bearings too at speed. Called them up and they said they were recalling all RCV’s for the Bronco. That was a year ago and I havnt heard any update about a fix since. I’m about to go Spicer now

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you have a Warthog, Exodus4x4 will charge you $3,900 for the entire job if you bring them your vehicle.
The one in Texas? Will reach out if that is correct since I am in Houston.
Sponsored