First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my ‘23 BL non-SAS. Just got back from Moab where it performed great. I test drove both SAS and non-SAS and I picked the non-SAS for better acceleration on the street. This is my daily, so I went with the better street manners, and I don’t think I gave up much on the trails.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got it and thanks. So, IF the Bilsteins are too stiff, what are my options and do those options essentially help with ride quality? For instance, your Fabtech did you buy that for ride quality or something else? Why are the eibachs $1900 and the KIngs $4000?

This brings up another question, why not get an OBX or Black Diamond if one is going to redo suspension? Do the lower trims have the skid plates, 3.0 rack, 4.46 gears etc?
Because the OBX is only suitable for Mall Crawling they tell me.

Ford Bronco 2024 Badlands - to SAS or Not IMG_20221006_185615

But, I could be wrong. The only reason to go Sasquatch on the Badlands is that you don't care about your money. The 5% difference in gearing is not going to make an appreciable difference in the off-road capability of your Bronco.

For example, if I had to pick between a Badlands 2.3 with Sasquatch and a Badlands 2.7 without Sasquatch (assuming both of them are running 37" tires); I would pick the 2.7 every time.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

SAS Jeep
Ford Bronco 2024 Badlands - to SAS or Not jeep-sas-700x350

Sas Bronco

Ford Bronco 2024 Badlands - to SAS or Not a16413ac0d12239e703de79763c6b796

SAS Jeep

Ford Bronco 2024 Badlands - to SAS or Not ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg234_ohv_kj_Picture323

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BBQ is short for Barbeque, which is a bastardization of the word Barbacoa. You used all caps to abbreviate one word, hence you sir, have commited contradiction.

BBQ is short for Bar-B-Que, a bastardization of the word Barbeque, a bastardization of the word Barbacoa. Either way, if we use BBQ as a template, maybe we should abbreviate Sasquatch as SSQ. Edit: or SQT. Not to be confused with SEAL Qualification Training.

Last edited:

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Rumbloki keep your audience in mind, you’re addressing a bunch of former Subaru owners here that have a totally different perception of what off-road is…..lol
Hey now.... I still have my Subarus.
Until recently it was 4 Broncos and 1 Subie, but now it is 3 Broncos and 2 Subies.

Dumped that abomination of a Bronco ... 4 door. 😬

68, 69 & 2001 AMB Base.

SAWEET profile pic by the way!!! :wink:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the little I understand about fitting 37's and the mods you want to do ... standard Badlands gets you the good steering rack.
Everything else Squantch related , it sounds like your going to replace ...... but .... the gearing will be 4.46 if you stay standard suspension Badlands with auto trans.

I have 4.46 gears/manual trans with 35's. It's a freaking dog outta the hole. It's livable, but slow.
The 4.46's are PERFECT for a 33" tire....which is how the standard Badlands is set up ..... go figure.🙄

With my manual, 100% certain I would have to jump into 5:13's or 5:38's for 37's.
I'd be really hesitant to recommend 37's and 4.46 gears to anyone, even with an auto trans. BUT, I've never driven that set up.

The 37's would probably be livable with 4.7 gears, maybe even more so with the auto trans.

Gear swaps will be expensive, so I'd do everything you can to test drive a 4.7 & 37's rig somewhere , some how, before you pull the pin.
If it's too sluggish, might as well skip Squantch and save it for the inevitable gear swap and 37's.

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted a wrangler ruby fighter and the badlands sas is it. All the goodies from the factory. I got the 360 cam and added sport mode and painted my beauty rings black. So I got all I wanted in one rig. Sas is a must if anything for resale.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So here is where I am at, would love others input as it has been awhile since I have had a truck.

After researching the Hoss 3.0 and reading your comments, I will never be doing high speed desert off roading. I may be doing Moab/Big Bend sort of things, light trails, small boulders etc. It appears the WT is designed for high speed Baja.

My only real concern is street comfort (I know the Bronco is not built for comfort but also don't want it to ride like a Wrangler) and being able to fit 37's.

The only thing I am "missing" from a 24 Badlands build to a 23/24 WT is the Hoss 3.0 and the price difference in those builds for me is $3820 MSRP.

My thoughts are that I want the 24 Badlands, mostly because of the new interior and the upgraded front parts that are standard. Read that the Bilsteins are more for rock crawling too. And if the Bilsteins aren't comfy enough then I can get the Eibachs for $1900 or something nicer for $4000 right?

So the 2nd question is that if I do get the 24 BL, do I get the SAS on the 24 for an extra $3245? The only thing I would be getting is the 4.7, diff wheels/tires and slightly different fenders correct? So for me it is really just the 4.7 and fenders if I am keeping them since wheels/tires will be replaced.

Quote Reply
You are right. For the money you get different gears, flares, tires and rims. Hardly worth it. It’s not like it doesn’t already come with the above. Save the SAS money for aftermarket items instead of giving it to Ford while sell your non SAS parts to the owner of next Badlands on the production line.

Badsquatchman

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC and motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d go with the Sasquatch package and 2.7 if you’re going to move up to 37s. Much easier to modify. Running 38s with no rub on my rig. Very happy with the ride and performance
Ford Bronco 2024 Badlands - to SAS or Not IMG_0379

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BBQ is short for Bar-B-Que, a bastardization of the word Barbeque, a bastardization of the word Barbacoa. Either way, if we use BBQ as a template, maybe we should abbreviate Sasquatch as SSQ. Edit: or SQT. Not to be confused with SEAL Qualification Training.
I don’t even know what we’re talking about at this point, but now I want some burnt ends.
Sponsored