First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Question. I have the 200.4 and 500.1 setup with plugnplay harnesses. When I was doing the Key 500.1 setup (playing the sweep and gain matching tracks), the sound was blasting through my main speakers. But the directions say that no sound should be audible during these steps. What am I doing wrong?
For me it had to be extremely quite outside, like no birds chirping, etc. I played the white noise and from the outside of the vehicle I could hear the sound going around until it completed. Not sure, maybe someone on here has a better explanation and can help
Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Doers anyone know if... while running the 500.1 Key gain and DSP algorithm processes, is it okay to unplug the main speakers from the 200.4?

I think (and hope) the answer would be yes. (And yes I know that you unplug the 500.1 when doing the 200.4 setup).

I ask this question because when I'm running the 500.1 setup according to directions (on volume 23), the gain matching and DSP algorithm audio tracks are blasting through my main speakers so loud that I worry about damaging things (23 is my max volume for the 200.4 setup, and I'm probably pushing it).

The Kicker manual says that no audio comes from the sub during 500.1 gain matching. I have seen videos of people setting this up and it was silent. I am guessing they simply disconnected the speaker harness from the 200.4. R i g h t . . . ?

And if so, for the "Key DSP algorithm" can I also leave the main speakers disconnected? I'm guessing/hoping this is yes because unlike the 200.4 (with a plugin mic), the 500.1 seems to use an internal sensor (rather than a mic). So I'm guessing that the 500.1 is not actually listening to the main speakers in any way. Anyone?

If so it would make the whole process feel a lot less dangerous!