First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This weekend I installed a kicker key 500.1 and 8” kicker sub in my 2023 bronco that came with the sub delete. I used a plug and play wiring harness for the kicker key 200.4 I ran for the front speakers, but I decided to go without the plug and play harness for the sub since I needed to run a dedicated power wire anyway.

Wire color coding for the (brown/white) plug going into the fake amp on 2023 Broncos with the sub delete. (I call these OEM wires below)

1. White with Orange stripe = upfitter switch (dont use, tape off)
2. Yellow with red stripe = power (dont use, tape off, ran new 8 guage power wire)
3. Violet with green stripe = speaker positive
4. green with white stripe = speaker negative
5. black with green stripe = ground
6. Yellow with Violet stripe = remote turn on

Install steps:
1. disconnect battery
2. snip off brown/white plug going into fake amp. Tape off the OEM wires you will not be using. (white with orange stripe and the yellow with red stripe)
3. Solder OEM speaker wires to kicker key speaker input pigtail (cut RCAs off speaker input cord that comes with key 500.1)
3A. Positive from OEM wiring (Violet with green stripe) soldered to positives on Key input pigtail. (white and gray wires)
3B. Negative from OEM wiring (Green with White stripe) soldered to negatives on Key input pigtail. (white/black wire and gray/black wires)
4. solder extension wire for remote turn on. take Yellow with Violet stripe OEM wire and extend it to reach the remote turn on input on the kicker key 500.1 (used wire I already had. Input located between the power and ground on the amp)
5. connect the ground wire from the kicker amp wiring kit from chassis above the sub to the key 500.1 and the OEM ground wire.
6. Connect dedicated AMP power wire to amp (I used kicker 8GA amp wiring kit)
7. connect sub to key speaker outputs (per sub mfr)
8. make forscan changes to turn on Sub
9. reconnect battery
10. follow kicker setup steps for amplifier

Hopefully this helps others. Take your time and its not too bad. My hardest part was seeing the color coding on the wires in my poorly lit garage! I will be adding more lighting soon.

I also highly recommends shoving A shop towel in the sub enclosure port and seeing what you think. It sounds much better than with the port open for the music I listen to.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Sub Delete DIY wiring to add Kicker Key 500.1 and Kicker Sub IMG_2108
Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Sub Delete DIY wiring to add Kicker Key 500.1 and Kicker Sub IMG_2110
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

6inthefamily

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is the white with orange stripe wire that I am confused about.
Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Sub Delete DIY wiring to add Kicker Key 500.1 and Kicker Sub IMG_2110

Last edited:

74Bob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '11 F150 FX4 Eco, '06 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That wire you show looks to be the one run for the upfitter switches. White/orange stripe.

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m sure this has been covered a few times and I am struggling to find the answer. If someone can reply with a link or reply it would really help me out.

I am currently installing a kicker key 500.1 and 8” kicker sub in my 2023 bronco that came with the sub delete.

I am lookingto understand the color coding of the OEM plug that goes to the fake amp.

wires are:
1. Red/white
2. Red/yellow (thicker wire)
3. Black/green (thicker wire)
4. Purple/white
5. Yellow/ brown

and yes I am installing a kicker power wire kit from the battery as well.

thanks for the assistance!
The connector that you are holding is C4452B.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Sub Delete DIY wiring to add Kicker Key 500.1 and Kicker Sub 1692557104418

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Sub Delete DIY wiring to add Kicker Key 500.1 and Kicker Sub 1692557133415

The separate wire is part of the aux upfitter wiring.

OP
OP

6inthefamily

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, got it figured out this afternoon.

Sponsored
OP
OP

6inthefamily

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I updated the first post with color coding for the OEM wires used, and the steps to get the sub working.

And like others have stated, it's worth it!!!

TahoeDog

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2023 2 Door - Pepper Red
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This weekend I installed a kicker key 500.1 and 8” kicker sub in my 2023 bronco that came with the sub delete. I used a plug and play wiring harness for the kicker key 200.4 I ran for the front speakers, but I decided to go without the plug and play harness for the sub since I needed to run a dedicated power wire anyway.

... (see first post for full description)

8. make forscan changes to turn on Sub
9. reconnect battery
10. follow kicker setup steps for amplifier

Hopefully this helps others. Take your time and its not too bad. My hardest part was seeing the color coding on the wires in my poorly lit garage! I will be adding more lighting soon.
After you enabled the forscan changes to turn on the Sub, do you see any separate controls for the sub volume/levels in the sound setting in the front display screen?

OP
OP

6inthefamily

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After you enabled the forscan changes to turn on the Sub, do you see any separate controls for the sub volume/levels in the sound setting in the front display screen?
Unfortunately no
Sponsored