Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Everyone,
I got my Radflo coilovers installed on my 2DR about a month ago but they make a lot of noise. At first I’m like it’ll break in once I break them in. Asked also they said they might need lubricant and got them checked and they said they’re installed right. That’s how coilovers are there noisy, but when I go over bumpers the rear once make noise and when I turn they make noise as well. Just wanted to ask what some ppl think, before I Jack it up this week and check everything again. Thanks y’all.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Everyone,
I got my Radflo coilovers installed on my 2DR about a month ago but they make a lot of noise. At first I’m like it’ll break in once I break them in. Asked also they said they might need lubricant and got them checked and they said they’re installed right. That’s how coilovers are there noisy, but when I go over bumpers the rear once make noise and when I turn they make noise as well. Just wanted to ask what some ppl think, before I Jack it up this week and check everything again. Thanks y’all.
What sort of noise are you hearing? My Eibachs don't make a peep.

OP
OP
Atoledo95

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What sort of noise are you hearing? My Eibachs don't make a peep.
It’s like clunk noises but somewhat also hard to explain how it sounds when going over bumps and doing turns.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s like clunk noises but somewhat also hard to explain how it sounds when going over bumps and doing turns.
The only noise issue I had was up front when turning...I was fully maxed out on shock height which caused the steering stops to catch the spindle and make a hell of a racket. Ended up having to adjust down about 1/2" and all is good. How much lift are the Radflos?

OP
OP
Atoledo95

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only noise issue I had was up front when turning...I was fully maxed out on shock height which caused the steering stops to catch the spindle and make a hell of a racket. Ended up having to adjust down about 1/2" and all is good. How much lift are the Radflos?
I think maxed out about 2in but even before I had the height adjusted it was already making that noise.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think maxed out about 2in but even before I had the height adjusted it was already making that noise.
Head-scratcher, new coil overs shouldn't be noisy/clunky. I'd reach out to Radflo tech support if you haven't already done so.

OP
OP
Atoledo95

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Head-scratcher, new coil overs shouldn't be noisy/clunky. I'd reach out to Radflo tech support if you haven't already done so.
I have already, they said check the preload but was making noise before I did it. They said to adjust my tire pressure to 35psi which is default for broncos. But to make sure the install ion was correct. Might double check it this weekend or go to them.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Might want to double check that all bolts are Torqued down correctly? The rear lower shock bolts are crazy amount of torque to tighten. Might want to take it to another shop in the area to double check the one that installed them?

OP
OP
Atoledo95

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Might want to double check that all bolts are Torqued down correctly? The rear lower shock bolts are crazy amount of torque to tighten. Might want to take it to another shop in the area to double check the one that installed them?
I did and the guy said it was fine, so might try another shop nearby.

BryantC

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am running radflo on my 4dr. No clunking noises.

Sponsored

BryantC

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are yours the extended travel for the sas?

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you hear noises when the suspension drops out, you could be hearing the shock hitting the end stops. Fairly normal. If you hear clunking from the shocks during normal driving, like someone else said check all of the blots etc to make certain they are tight. You can also go get the pressure in the shocks checked. if they are low (<50psi) the reservoir piston will make a bit of noise.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m going to just get mine taken off and lubed and reinstalled and hope they dont
Not sure what you are planning to lube.

Are you able to narrow it down to front vs rear? Sometimes the slider on a dual rate coilover (rear) can stick a little and cause some odd noises. If you are able to rock the vehicle back and forth and recreate the noise, may be worth having a friend help you locate the noise.
Sponsored