Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You've got me super curious what I can get out of my 2.3 7MT Badlands.

I was very much in the "Fun, not fast" camp until I installed the Ford tune, any my entire driving style changed. Did the Steeda BOV adapter just got juvenile fun noise, but CAI and exhaust are in my sights.

Not far from you in Chapel Hill either.
Nice to see a fellow North Carolinian. I agree, the Ford PT really wakes these trucks up and makes them more fun to drive. From what I can see, installing an exhaust on the 2.3L is one of the best things you can do for gains to both HP & TQ.

This video showcases the gains from exhaust alone.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@MWILD : Great to see you doing the mods! I am right there with you, I have the Injen CAI, Turbosmart BOV, Magnaflow Exhaust, FP Tune, and I will receive my Injen charge pipes this week. I have not done any draggy testing or such, but I know the power has changed. A lot. In sport mode, I embarrassed a Doge truck off the line. Yes, I know it's not a drag racer, (I have a 68GTA and a 21 Shelby for that) but sometimes you have to put those Mopar boys in their place! Plus it's Miami! Fast and Furious is our way of life.

What makes the Injen CAI great is the less restrictive piping, and also the fact it goes that way all the way to the turbos, unlike other kits. I do look forward to doing my charge pipes, it will be interesting to see what I pick up. I am trying to get a dyno pull for before and after, I will see if I can make that happen this week.

Why??? Why you say, because, well, we can! I enjoy tinkering. I enjoy modding. Nothing I own is stock. Yes, yes, I am well past the street racing thing, I am not doing it for that. But I am doing it for the pure pleasure of driving. Having my Bronco perform on the street and off-road is a wonderful thing. Also what others have said, the 1 pedal drive is wonderful for when I hit the trail.

So @MWILD, I will try to post what I get here in this wonderful thread you started, and yeah, for the love of modding and driving, its a great thread!

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@MWILD : Great to see you doing the mods! I am right there with you, I have the Injen CAI, Turbosmart BOV, Magnaflow Exhaust, FP Tune, and I will receive my Injen charge pipes this week. I have not done any draggy testing or such, but I know the power has changed. A lot. In sport mode, I embarrassed a Doge truck off the line. Yes, I know it's not a drag racer, (I have a 68GTA and a 21 Shelby for that) but sometimes you have to put those Mopar boys in their place! Plus it's Miami! Fast and Furious is our way of life.

What makes the Injen CAI great is the less restrictive piping, and also the fact it goes that way all the way to the turbos, unlike other kits. I do look forward to doing my charge pipes, it will be interesting to see what I pick up. I am trying to get a dyno pull for before and after, I will see if I can make that happen this week.

Why??? Why you say, because, well, we can! I enjoy tinkering. I enjoy modding. Nothing I own is stock. Yes, yes, I am well past the street racing thing, I am not doing it for that. But I am doing it for the pure pleasure of driving. Having my Bronco perform on the street and off-road is a wonderful thing. Also what others have said, the 1 pedal drive is wonderful for when I hit the trail.

So @MWILD, I will try to post what I get here in this wonderful thread you started, and yeah, for the love of modding and driving, its a great thread!
I'm right there with you :) Yes, please share anything you can around your performance mods - Love it!

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Once all said and done (though mods are usually never done... 😅), please also post total price tag so we can just copy the mods... 😆

My princess currently spends most of her time on pavement, so these mods would be nice to have.

I have my off-pavement mods list going already...
wcw-chris.gif

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco6G friends,

Some of you may have seen me post 0-60 & 1/8 mile times throughout this forum, but figured I would start my own thread. Wanted to have a place to post my ongoing results as I add more performance mods to my Bronco. Why do this? I mean, it's an off-road vehicle, not a drag car; right? Well...I do it because It's fun and I enjoy seeing what I can eke out of this platform and the little 2.7L engine. I’m all about making a quick off-roader :)

My Bronco is a 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 4DR Soft Top with the mid package. It has the modular front bumper, added factory skids plates, NFab rock sliders, and ACFab shock skids. In a nutshell, I have no plans to make my Bronco lightweight as I do wheel the vehicle and put the added protection to use.

View attachment 596214

Here are my current performance modifications:

• Ford Performance ProCal Tune
  • S&B drop-in high flow air filter Upgraded to Injen CAI 1/1/24
  • Injen Evolution Cold Air Intake System - EVO9301
  • BMS Pedal Tuner
  • 93 Octane and E30 when stated

Future Performance mods wishlist:

• Injen cold air intake (Coming soon) Installed 1/1/24
  • Intercooler (CVF or similar)
  • Turbosmart BOV (Plumb back)
  • Exhaust (Leaning towards MBRP 3" catback)
  • Charge pipes (Injen or waiting for CVF)
  • Short term Tune (Livernois or International Dyno Authority)
  • Long term Tune (ZFG or similar)

With just the S&B air filter and using 88(E15) or 93 octane I would consistently hit 0-60 in the 6.5-6.7 sec range. When I added 6 gallons of E85 for a E30-ish mix, I would drop down to 6.3s and 1/8 mile in 9.46s (would be closer to 9.39-9.40, but let off too early)

Ford Bronco 0-60 in 4 Seconds - My 2.7 Bronco Performance Modification Thread wcw-chris
Ford Bronco 0-60 in 4 Seconds - My 2.7 Bronco Performance Modification Thread wcw-chris

Today I installed my Ford ProCal device and managed to drop my 0-60 to 5.69s. This was with 93 octane. I also did the 1/8th in 8.99s and 60 ft in 1.95s (Faster than my old 93 Mustang 5.0 w/FBO 😁)

The Bronco now wheel hops off the line in 4A...wasn't expecting that.

All runs done in Sport mode + 4A + ATC off + 2nd gear launch.

Next up, I plan to install the Injen CAI and then E30 mix.

I have Palm Beach Dyno in my sights :)

They were able to achieve 0-60 in 5.34s. This was in a 2021 WT with the top, spare and doors removed + JB4 @ Map 4 with E30 + Exhaust

Video from PBD showing how they achieved their 5.3s run.

I think it's cool you are documenting your process, I appreciate good data. I went with Rousch intake, Mishimoto high mount intercooler with charge pipes, TS BOV, and Flowmaster exhaust. I have never timed it, but I feel like it woke up when all the pieces were put together. I went with a high-mount intercooler, so I had room for the oil cooler.

I hope you keep updating your data when your future mods are installed and I appreciate you taking the time to share your data.

Mishimoto.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

RBJRBJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bronco6G friends,

Some of you may have seen me post 0-60 & 1/8 mile times throughout this forum, but figured I would start my own thread. Wanted to have a place to post my ongoing results as I add more performance mods to my Bronco. Why do this? I mean, it's an off-road vehicle, not a drag car; right? Well...I do it because It's fun and I enjoy seeing what I can eke out of this platform and the little 2.7L engine. I’m all about making a quick off-roader :)

My Bronco is a 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 4DR Soft Top with the mid package. It has the modular front bumper, added factory skids plates, NFab rock sliders, and ACFab shock skids. In a nutshell, I have no plans to make my Bronco lightweight as I do wheel the vehicle and put the added protection to use.

View attachment 596214

• BMS Pedal Tuner

With just the S&B air filter and using 88(E15) or 93 octane I would consistently hit 0-60 in the 6.5-6.7 sec range. When I added 6 gallons of E85 for a E30-ish mix, I would drop down to 6.3s and 1/8 mile in 9.46s (would be closer to 9.39-9.40, but let off too early)

6.3.jpg
9.46.jpg

Today I installed my Ford ProCal device and managed to drop my 0-60 to 5.69s. This was with 93 octane. I also did the 1/8th in 8.99s and 60 ft in 1.95s (Faster than my old 93 Mustang 5.0 w/FBO 😁)

5.69.jpg
8.99.jpg

They were able to achieve 0-60 in 5.34s. This was in a 2021 WT with the top, spare and doors removed + JB4 @ Map 4 with E30 + Exhaust

PBD leader.jpg

MWild
Very interesting thread and very cool to boot. I enjoyed reading about your many modifications made so far to get more
Bronco6G friends,

View attachment 596214

• BMS Pedal Tuner

6.3.jpg
9.46.jpg

5.69.jpg
8.99.jpg

PBD leader.jpg

MWild
Very interesting thread and very cool to boot. I enjoyed reading about your many modifications made so far to get more performance and have more fun doing it. Great data to help show real outcomes. Looking forward to your ongoing updates on this thread. Thanks for posting.
RBJRBJ

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
i added the injen cold air intake and the hot and cold pipes with a cpe intercooler over the weekend install was not bad figured doing it all at once is the best bet also have the ford performance tune which by the way is worth it just for the transmission adjustments that it made as for the rest not really sure that the bang is worth the bucks would really want to see some numbers on it from someone who has access to a dyno just my 2 cents

17042356752665788658193415851963.jpg

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cool thread and I’ll be watching it.

Question for OP and anyone else: where is the best bang for the buck? I went with the Ford Pro Tune after driving one with it installed, more for how well it’s dialed in than for 0-60 gains, which it of course does as well, and have been very satisfied. Probably won’t do anything else major.

Question 2: would the Pedal Commander be worth the investment on top of the Ford PT, just to lose that annoying lag?

Superchips_Mktg

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.holley.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco6G friends,

View attachment 596214

• BMS Pedal Tuner

• Turbosmart BOV (Plumb back) VTA on the way
  • RaceChip S model (Install on top of ProCal) On the way

Ford Bronco 0-60 in 4 Seconds - My 2.7 Bronco Performance Modification Thread IMG_2675
Ford Bronco 0-60 in 4 Seconds - My 2.7 Bronco Performance Modification Thread IMG_2675

Our Pulsar XT 12452 for Bronco will outperform the FP flash, and should knock over a half second off your 0-60 times. It also has a built in throttle booster, saving you from buying a 2nd device.
Its all adjustable on-the-fly as well, both power levels and throttle response.

Good luck on your 0-60 mission!

Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Our Pulsar XT 12452 for Bronco will outperform the FP flash, and should knock over a half second off your 0-60 times. It also has a built in throttle booster, saving you from buying a 2nd device.
Its all adjustable on-the-fly as well, both power levels and throttle response.

Good luck on your 0-60 mission!

Thanks
Thanks for the comment. I have no doubt the Pulsar XT adds more HP and TQ compared to the FP Tune, but the FP Tune greatly reduces TQ management and improves transmission shifting strategies, which is equally important on these Broncos. The FP Tune alone dropped my 0-60 more than half a second and Middleton Motorsports saw the same result.

Now using the Pulsar XT on top of the FP Tune might be the ticket, but I would expect you couldn't set it to the max, since it might be too much. I recently ordered a RaceChip, which is what the VR Tune box is based off of, so I'm curious to see the gains alongside the FP Tune. That said, $550-600 for your Piggyback tuner and throttle controller combo is a good deal :)

If you want me to compare to the FP Tune feel free to PM me

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cool thread and I’ll be watching it.

Question for OP and anyone else: where is the best bang for the buck? I went with the Ford Pro Tune after driving one with it installed, more for how well it’s dialed in than for 0-60 gains, which it of course does as well, and have been very satisfied. Probably won’t do anything else major.

Question 2: would the Pedal Commander be worth the investment on top of the Ford PT, just to lose that annoying lag?

The best bang for your buck yet to be determined IMO, but many would tell you the FP Tune. Lethal has them on sale from time to time for $599. I grabbed mine from Ford dealer online for $575.

Pedal commander or similar device is worth doing along with the FP tune IMO. That said, you won't get rid of the WOT lag. Only a custom tune can help alleviate that.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i added the injen cold air intake and the hot and cold pipes with a cpe intercooler over the weekend install was not bad figured doing it all at once is the best bet also have the ford performance tune which by the way is worth it just for the transmission adjustments that it made as for the rest not really sure that the bang is worth the bucks would really want to see some numbers on it from someone who has access to a dyno just my 2 cents

17042356752665788658193415851963.jpg
Hoping to have my Injen pipes tomorrow. I'll get them installed over the weekend. Still waiting to see what Injen offers for the intercooler. That looks good! I would be interested to know what numbers you are getting now. I'm trying to set up a dyno session.

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hoping to have my Injen pipes tomorrow. I'll get them installed over the weekend. Still waiting to see what Injen offers for the intercooler. That looks good! I would be interested to know what numbers you are getting now. I'm trying to set up a dyno session.
Awesome! Would love to see the dyno results. I reached out to a Mustang centric tuning shop that's local and inquired about doing some dyno runs as well. It's about $200 for 2 hrs, so I'll probably throw it on the dyno once I finish the mods, not including a custom tune. Dyno 93 octane and bring some E85, so we can see the gains using E30. I think 300-320 WHP should be obtainable without a custom tune.
Sponsored