Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, that is legit!
I actually thought it was cool on many levels! My favorite part is where he said something to the effect of "we decided not to bother with rear brakes because the rear brakes on these cars don't work anyways". I think if I was gonna do a "portal" riding lawnmower I would use a timing belt (like from a civic 4cyl) instead of a chain. Requires no lube, would be resistant to dirt, and with his "open" design easy to inspect and service! Really kinda slick hillbilly engineering!
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I actually thought it was cool on many levels! My favorite part is where he said something to the effect of "we decided not to bother with rear brakes because the rear brakes on these cars don't work anyways". I think if I was gonna do a "portal" riding lawnmower I would use a timing belt (like from a civic 4cyl) instead of a chain. Requires no lube, would be resistant to dirt, and with his "open" design easy to inspect and service! Really kinda slick hillbilly engineering!
I was thinking timing belt too...

Sponsored

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like that Bronco had a little too much fun ;)

Ford Bronco A New Kind of Portal screenshot_19255
Next broncbuster video-

“Our new chain-driven portals can handle rolls at 85 mph but you don’t even need to worry about it because chains are quieter than straight cut gears, even on a trailer! No noise, no distractions, no rolls. Also, we aren’t concerned with silly alloy combinations as our Chinese forges tell us that will add too much to the cost. And our customers want cheap products! Murica!”

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you think real life is more accurate than a low quality physics game, I just don't know what to tell you.
seeing as my role pre-retirement was as the SME for a category of NDT (Non-Destructive Testing), i don't know why you think i favor simulation ;)

i'll always believe an actual test result over simulation