Sponsored

Who does 5-tire rotations? Getting pushback from service.

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Requesting 5-tire rotation. Service guy is pushing back saying “nobody does that.” Spare didn’t have TPS so I ordered one. They want to charge a full hour to reprogram the sensors with each rotation. Also got some story with enough uneven tread wear with that 5th tire being rotated in every 5,000 miles that it is gonna create unnecessary wear on the transfer case and other stuff. Is it this much of a headache with those of you doing 5-tire rotations? Is Ford Service giving you grief or are you getting them done elsewhere? They are making it sound like it is never done ESPECIALLY on new Broncos. I was under the impression it was a fairly common thing.
Sponsored

Jpursuit

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f250 king ranch 4wd, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I ever do is a 5 tire rotation every 5000 miles. You only need to jack up one tire at a time. Why not get more miles from your set of tires? The rear spare isn't an ornament!

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Discount Tire does my 5 tire rotation for free at every 5000 miles.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Spare tire HAS TPMS installed. The Bronco DOES NOT require TPMS reprogramming after rotation. Your Service guy should only be looking at the back of your vehicle as you quickly drive away and find a new shop.

Sponsored

Maury

Wildtrak
First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Utter bullshit.

I do it myself, hardest part is wrangling 80# of cold dirty wheel around, 5 times.

- the spare has a TPMS
- the sensors are automatically re-discovered in about 15 mins IME
- whenever I change tires, if I go to a different brand/size/pattern/whatever I don't want to be stuck with a brand new mismatched "old" tire

Call them out, go somewhere else, or do it yourself it's not that hard.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Requesting 5-tire rotation. Service guy is pushing back saying “nobody does that.” Spare didn’t have TPS so I ordered one. They want to charge a full hour to reprogram the sensors with each rotation. Also got some story with enough uneven tread wear with that 5th tire being rotated in every 5,000 miles that it is gonna create unnecessary wear on the transfer case and other stuff. Is it this much of a headache with those of you doing 5-tire rotations? Is Ford Service giving you grief or are you getting them done elsewhere? They are making it sound like it is never done ESPECIALLY on new Broncos. I was under the impression it was a fairly common thing.
It's not uncommon but it appears it is THERE. Knowing that should help you decide if you still want a 5-tire rotation and, if you do, whether or not you want that dealer to do it for you.

Edited to add: was your vehicle purchased used or were the wheels not the stock ones? All 5 wheels should be TPS equipped from the factory.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Like others have said. Spare includes a TPMS and no programming needed. My dealer includes it in the standard Works package.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spare didn’t have TPS so I ordered one.
It sure does. If you can't return it I might be interested it taking it off your hands, I'm one short on an aftermarket wheel set.

5 wheel rotations are really easy to do at home too. It's not worth my time to deal with a dealer or shop for it, I'll be done in the time it takes to drive there.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I plan on keeping my options open to other tires when the factory ones wear out, so I do a 5 tire rotation. if your going to stick with the factory tires you don't gain much from a 5 tire rotation.