Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the RC mount with a Warn EVO 10S winch on factory Mod bumper, with factory bull-bar (it doesn't protect the winch, just there to protect the grille if a deer is hit). I've used this setup a number of times without issues on Level 7/8 wheeling trips and similar circumstances. Pros - so far holding up, strength-wise; excellent approach angle; retains factory ACC and proximity sensor operation; does not block Bronco lettering; compatible with factory bull-bar. Cons - requirement of a JCR (or similar) camera relocation kit, installed on the winch fairlead.

Photos below with/without bull-bar. Yankum farilead. RCI skid plate beneath Mod bumper.

PXL_20230317_233313256 (1).jpg
PXL_20230130_002821034.jpg
The pro of the RC is that I can re-use my 20" light bar.

I also just noticed you relocated your control box - can you share details on that and where you put it?

Ford Bronco Winch mount recommendations for mod bumper with LUX package 1719761057771-86
Sponsored

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also just noticed you relocated your control box - can you share details on that and where you put it?
Warn sells a control box extension kit - longer electrical cables that are just long enough to snake under the grille and extend into the engine compartment, connecting to the control box just behind the driver-side headlight. Another vendor (I don't recall the name) sells a bracket that bolts to the battery bracket, but for some reason it didn't fit for me, so my control box simply rests in that crevice, in front of the battery; it's pretty secure there, despite all the wheeling.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
RC hidden winch mount is what I went with on the OBX Lux.

IMG-05c6bbd49ed9171086c562b03d235171-V (1).jpg

Pretty much a PITA to install, but puts it in a good place.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What winch did you go with and did you relocate the control box?
A Badlands Apex winch and the control box is mounted under the computer on passenger side fender under the hood.

TxCatalystMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Porsche 911 CarreraS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Badlands Sas Lux with modular bumper and looking for a winch mount option that -

• won't drastically impact approach angle
  • will still allow for fog lights and/or light bar at bumper level
  • will include or have an option of a bull bar to protect winch
  • won't block the Bronco letters
I was pretty set on the CBI Baja bumper with winch mount, but can't find any successful installs with LUX accessory/sensors - ford-bronco-baja-hybrid-front-bumper-2022.

Alternative is the Spec Series bumper from DV8 - https://dv8offroad.com/products/6th-gen-bronco-winch-front-bumper-spec-series

Next up were bolt on plates, with varying pro and cons.

JCR - https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SB-WP.html
IAG - iag-i-line-modular-front-bumper-winch-mount-for-2021-ford-bronco
RC - https://www.roughcountry.com/product/configurable/high-winch-mount-51066c#gallery
Buckle Up Buttercup - buckle-up-off-road-winch-mount-with-bull-bar-for-2021-ford-bronco-w-modular-bumper

First hand recommendations of the above? Any recommendations not here?
RC High Winch Mount with RC winch. I've checked all your boxes except for hiding the Bronco lettering. I went this route because when I get stuck, I don't won't to be wallering around in the mud, sleet, snow trying to pull out my line!

Front pic.jpg

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

RC High Winch Mount with RC winch. I've checked all your boxes except for hiding the Bronco lettering. I went this route because when I get stuck, I don't won't to be wallering around in the mud, sleet, snow trying to pull out my line!

Ford Bronco Winch mount recommendations for mod bumper with LUX package Front pic
How is adaptive cruise?

I use ACC every day and absolutely cannot have its performance diminished.

TxCatalystMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Porsche 911 CarreraS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How is adaptive cruise?

I use ACC every day and absolutely cannot have its performance diminished.
I use mine daily also and the mods I have don't interfere with the adaptive cruise. If your state requires a front license plate just get the right relocation bracket so you don't cover up the sensor box. The ACC sensor is between the license plate and the bottom of the winch mount.

OP
OP
jclark

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Winch mount recommendations for mod bumper with LUX package Front pic
I'm leaning this route with a controller relocation kit for the winch - and once plate and winch installed, seeing if the Turn Offroad bulbar will clear the installed winch.
Sponsored