First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Speaking from the position of someone who owned a Rubicon, my 2024 Black Diamond non-sas is a vastly superior vehicle. Fiat (Stelantis) has ruined the Jeep brand.
That great to hear! Have a '22 non-SAS BD I got for $39k, a big time saving over a Rubi.
Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That section of the video was trolling with misleading story telling, the rest was just typical review stuff.

Nothing wrong with Jeeps and the community and preference is usually not based in dollars or perceived value.

I hate the 'We're number one' mentality. It's all good stuff and no one should have any issues rolling with the other out on the trails.

No one gives a rat's backside what you're driving, and that includes trim levels or number of doors.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm glad we have choices instead of just Jeep, Jeep, Jeep... old FJ

With that said, I borrowed my friend's 4xe for a week back when I owned a 2Dr Big Bend with no options. The audio system was actually good (not ear bleedingly bad) and the leather seats were nice. That's all the preferred... well the PHEV system was pleasant in stop and go tarffic. If I wasn't offroading and just wanted a "lifestyle" vehicle... I'd probably pick that Jeep. Many Wrangler owners never take their Jeeps off road and most probably not even to the beach here in FL.

Audiomate

Badlands
First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And yes, it goes to pricing and order time. I have the YouTube time stamped to start right when he discusses it for a few minutes.
I came from the Jeep JL platform and can tell you if he is looking for a DD commuter that he can have fun on weekends, he got this all wrong. It wonā€™t take long until his back starts hurting; he gets sciatic nerve pain and all kinds of sciatica problems. Jeep is not made for DD. Itā€™s made to be your second vehicle for local trails only. Once you start doing long travels and putting miles on it you will feel it!
Iā€™m in my mid-30s, am fit, have an active life, eat well, exercise, yadayadayada and still, after three years, I couldnā€™t escape the side effects of driving a jeep daily. It creeps on you slowly until it is almost too late. Iā€™m glad Iā€™m out of it before that, and I am incredibly happy with my Bronco build!

Last edited:

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I own a Bronco and Wrangler. That said, there is no way I buy another Wrangler, unless the wife makes me. THATā€™S the only reason.
Have owned several Wrangers over 30 years - Sahara, Sport and Rubicons. You couldn't give me one after having the Bronco.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is so silly! You are always going to find people that like one or the other better, the old Ford vs Chevy debate šŸ¤£.

My opinion: I value on road handling and because of this I would never consider a Jeep. There is a night and day difference between the way a Jeep and Bronco handles. That said Jeeps are cool, and solid axle is always going to be more robust than IFS. If it was only about off road creed, I would choose Jeep.

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just priced out a BB with SAS and auto trans. Nothing else. With acquisition and destination $51,124. That's the cheapest Bronco with SAS you can get.

And what was a base with SAS 3 years ago? This is the point the Rubi guy is making and like I said, I'm glad I bought when I did.
In my opinion having gotten my Bronco with SAS I wouldn't do it again ! SAS is over priced junk! Take that money get real shocks rims and tires.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
One of the local Jeep dealers near me has 92 Wranglers on the lot and in their overflow. Therer are several other Jeeps dealers in the area but I only checked this one.

Filter this down by 2dr and you'll see they have 1 Rubicon 2 dr that listed for $65K and 2 Sport 2dr's listed in the $48K range.

https://www.dickhannahjeep.com/new-vehicles/?_dFR[model][0]=Wrangler&_dFR[model][1]=Wrangler%204xe&_dFR[type][0]=New

That video is a boat load of BS.. He a) wanted a Jeep b) does not know he can travel to a different Ford dealer and buy a Bronco off a lot c) he purchased on a whim or d) he is full of you know what..
$47k for a 2-door Wrangler Sport is odd. The Jeep 2024 build and price shows $32k msrp for a basic Wrangler Sport. Somebody outfitting a Sport to $47k is doing it wrong.

With Ford having got rid of the base model, a customer can get into a basic Wrangler for around $7k less than a basic Bronco. That's not good in terms of Ford and the non-big spending customers (like me).

Ford Bronco Why this guy bought a Rubicon over a Bronco 1714668070286-j0

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$47k for a 2-door Wrangler Sport is odd. The Jeep 2024 build and price shows $32k msrp for a basic Wrangler Sport. Somebody outfitting a Sport to $47k is doing it wrong.

With Ford having got rid of the base model, a customer can get into a basic Wrangler for around $7k less than a basic Bronco. That's not good in terms of Ford and the non-big spending customers (like me).

1714668070286-j0.png
The guy in the video bought his Jeep off the lot. I am comparing off the lot prices as you'll rarely ever find a bare bone stock Jeep, or Bronco, sitting on a lot. I'd argue the vast majority of people buy off a lot instead of ordering..

If you order then yes you can get a bare bones, has nothing, stock roll up windows and a manual Wrangler cheaper. On the lot? Prices are not that different in my area at least..

I wonder how many people are actually interested in such a base, zero option configuration as I rarely ever see these when out and about never mind when off-roading.. I am sure there are a few but the majority? Nah...

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The guy in the video bought his Jeep off the lot. I am comparing off the lot prices as you'll rarely ever find a bare bone stock Jeep, or Bronco, sitting on a lot. I'd argue the vast majority of people buy off a lot instead of ordering..

If you order then yes you can get a bare bones, has nothing, stock roll up windows and a manual Wrangler cheaper. On the lot? Prices are not that different in my area at least..

I wonder how many people are actually interested in such a base, zero option configuration as I rarely ever see these when out and about never mind when off-roading.. I am sure there are a few but the majority? Nah...
Yeah, I'm just saying that is kind of crazy paying $47k for a 2-door Wrangler Sport off the lot. For any reasonable person with some patience, the budget customer can get into a Wrangler around $7k less than a Bronco.

I've got the most basic base Bronco 2-door manual and it's great. It's got the key elements of removable top/doors and 4x4. I had a ball on and off-road in my old CJs which arguably were even worse equipped in some ways, so I'll have a ball in my Bronco.

It's sad the budget end of the Bronco offerings have been hit so hard by price increases, would have been nice if Ford had held the line, and made up revenue from the big spender versions.

(And manual roll up windows, don't get me excited!) :)

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I'm just saying that is kind of crazy paying $47k for a 2-door Wrangler Sport off the lot. For any reasonable person with some patience, the budget customer can get into a Wrangler around $7k less than a Bronco.

I've got the most basic base Bronco 2-door manual and it's great. It's got the key elements of removable top/doors and 4x4. I had a ball on and off-road in my old CJs which arguably were even worse equipped in some ways, so I'll have a ball in my Bronco.

It's sad the budget end of the Bronco offerings have been hit so hard by price increases, would have been nice if Ford had held the line, and made up revenue from the big spender versions.

(And manual roll up windows, don't get me excited!) :)

Yea, I think it was a bad move by Ford to drop the Base, they would have been better off dropping the Big Bend if they were looking to stream line. But then again they have 2 Heritage trims - and that makes zero sense.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Loved my 2 door Jeep JL... until death wobble on the highway. That instantly changes your opinion.

Ford Bronco Why this guy bought a Rubicon over a Bronco 1714669156309-6l
Death Wobble can be fixed for a price, My JK had it pretty bad I put about $2500 into a heavy duty swaybar kit along with a JKS heavy duty track bar kit, and the DW was all but gone. Still if u hit a big pothole it would shake but would recover just by letting off gas.

SmallCrawler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spent that much on a heavy duty sway bar , track bar, drag link etc and it didnā€™t solve my issue. Only about 25000 miles, Mopar wheels and lift, 315sā€¦. nothing radical at all. New ball joints probably would have worked but the war department didnā€™t want me driving it anymore. Happy with my Bronco. Pretty sure it will take me most places my Jeep did. Just waiting on my dealer to fix my leaky top!

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Been following this thread and - I may have missed it - but one worthy distinction between Wrangler and Bronco is ground clearance. You need 35s on a Bronco to match the ground clearance of a Wrangler on 33s. Generally speaking. So, thatā€™s one difference between a Badlands non-Sasquatch and Rubicon.

Also, anybody saying that the wrangler and bronco are like apples and oranges needs more perspective. Itā€™s more like a Gala and a Honeycrisp. Both apples.
Sponsored