First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m glad he got the jeep. He would have been a terrible commenter on bronco6G forum.

edgarmcgauley

Big Bend
First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-Door Soft-Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I cannot speak for anyone else’s decision on buying their Bronco, but for me, came down to a few factors. First and foremost, I’m a Ford guy. I have owned older F150s and Mustang Cobras, and became even more loyal to Ford after the auto bailouts. 2nd, I looks cool. Yeah, Jeeps do it for people who are into the box style SUV, but the Bronco looks unique. 3rd, I was four drinks in when I decided to order mine.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love my base Bronco. I'm agreed with the other posts that it was a profit play. I'm sure there was no money to be made on it and 35k vehicles just arent what manufacturers want to sell anymore.

At one time you could get a rubicon for 5k under msrp and a Bronco for 5-10k over. Things have settled down since then. The base SAS bronco was an incredible deal, but as everyone has pointed out those days are over. I havent priced a rubi vs a badlands but I'm sure they are neck and neck at this point if you compare invoice pricing.

Last edited:

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If price was the only issue, I would buy a Prius

Sponsored

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I need to start making a boobtoob video every time I make a decision.

Today for lunch it was lengua tacos over chicken ensaladas. Tune in tomorrow for a riveting episode where I choose how many ice cubes to put in my drink. Comment below with your best guess and tell us your favorite shape of ice. Like, subscribe and pet your cat.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've got Zero Ducks to give

Really, it's not like I'm out of Ducks but I just don't give a Duck about anyone who would want a Jeep over a Bronco.

You have to be out of your ducking mind to think a Wrangler Sport could compare to my Bronco Base.

I bet this guy is one dumb motherducker

You see my Bronco, you better duck off and leave my Bronco ducking alone

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Comparing Wrangler and Bronco is alike comparing apples and oranges.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Before I ordered my Basesquatch at the reveal, I priced up a Wrangler Rubicon and what I really wanted- a Gladiator. The Gladiator (base) would have cost me at least 15K more by the time I got the lift kit, larger tires and the gearing change. Even then I would not have locking diffs. To get a Rubicon or Mohave it was like 65K back then, 25K more than I paid for my Basesquatch. The Basesquatch was for sure a bargain it its day when it was available.

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
IMO there are only a couple of reasons to choose the jeep over the Bronco and this is only a small percentage of buyers:

1. Serious off roading where front axle articulation really matters.
2 strength and proven reliability of the straight front axle and manual linkage for shifting the transfer case.
3. if you plan on serious modifications to the factory package--due to cost, availability and simplicity.

other than that it is pure personal opinion and preference.

Sponsored

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except you can't compare a Sas to a Rubicon. A better comparison would be a Badlands nonSas to a Rubicon.

I paid $51K for my Badlands 2dr a few months ago. Rubicon 2 dr's I found were anywhere from $58K to $65K..
I agree!!! I have a ‘23 non-Squatch Badlands 2-dr manual, stickered at $49k (built in March, bought in August after someone else bailed out on it), only option is the mod bumper. I did a build & price today for a 2-dr Rubicon with steel bumpers, hard-top, and 4.88 gears and it came out around $53k so it’s comparable.

But yeah, my opinion is that the Badlands is the Bronco Rubicon.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"Look at me everyone - I wanted to be just like all the trendy, hipsters, so I bought a Wrangler, and now I'm going to 'bro it out' like everyone else does too! I'm cool now!"

Last edited:

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a Rubicon while I was waiting for my Badlands to be built. Sold it back to the same dealer after 4 months and 5,000 miles for a $2k profit, back in the crazy car prices days.

Both the Rubicon and the Badlands are phenomenal vehicles, each with their little quirks.

The average consumer who is not a brand loyalist would be well served by either of these excellent, entertaining, capable rides.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We have both as well and if it wasn't for the lifetime warranty on the Rubi it would have been in the junk yard. It's a 2016 and lots of stuff broke and Mopar fixed on their dime. Our 2000 Jeep never had any issues.

KansasCraig

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2024 Bronco Owner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Speaking from the position of someone who owned a Rubicon, my 2024 Black Diamond non-sas is a vastly superior vehicle. Fiat (Stelantis) has ruined the Jeep brand.
Sponsored