First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No doubt cars are up across the board with inflation and supply issues. Jeep has gone up too. My earlier point was I think Ford made the wrong decision by dumping the base and I see it as a straight profit move and it unfortunately prices out people who otherwise would have bought a Bronco. Now they can't afford a Jeep or Bronco.
I get that and the guy touches on the base bronco in his video but heā€™s not in a sport wrangler, he bought a rubicon. Itā€™s apples to oranges not apples to apples.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FordFamily4Fun

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I get that and the guy touches on the base bronco in his video but heā€™s not in a sport wrangler, he bought a rubicon. Itā€™s apples to oranges not apples to apples.
He was looking at a base SAS three years ago. His point is the Rubi is only a few thousand more. than a BB SAS today. I get it, prices are up everywhere. It is Ford dumping the base (IMO due to low profit margin) that has really priced up the low end Bronco.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm, never thought I would care why some random you tuber bought a competitors vehicle. But after watching that video (who am I kidding, I didn't watch the video), I can now honestly say I don't care.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It isnā€™t 3 years ago though. This is 2024. The wranglers price has gone up substantially also. When I ordered my wrangler it went up $5000 before it was delivered. Thankfully I was price protected.
I think Jeep just cut Wrangler prices by $5K a month or two ago.

Ford silently cut Bronco prices on a trim or two in Job 2.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think Jeep just cut Wrangler prices by $5K a month or two ago.

Ford silently cut Bronco prices on a trim or two in Job 2.
ā€œStellantisā€ is in deep shit and has to cut prices on everything. Their HDs have over a year field supply. The new grand cherokees and wagoners arenā€™t moving. The new ram 1500 looks like the same truck from 2014. Theyā€™re in for a tough time ahead. If they were smart theyā€™d run 0% through Chrysler capital and only knock a little off MSRP. As the sang goes hogs get slaughtered pigs get fed.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

ā€œStellantisā€ is in deep shit and has to cut prices on everything. Their HDs have over a year field supply. The new grand cherokees and wagoners arenā€™t moving. The new ram 1500 looks like the same truck from 2014. Theyā€™re in for a tough time ahead. If they were smart theyā€™d run 0% through Chrysler capital and only knock a little off MSRP. As the sang goes hogs get slaughtered pigs get fed.
I know... but somehow Stellantis is still GCs selling more than last year and it's due to crazy incentives. Almost everything else declined... badly. The don't have many smaller affordable cars anymore and folks aren't buying overpriced large vehicles.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...d-full-year-2023-sales-results-302025792.html

Ford Bronco Why this guy bought a Rubicon over a Bronco 1714615737548-qa

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just priced out a BB with SAS and auto trans. Nothing else. With acquisition and destination $51,124. That's the cheapest Bronco with SAS you can get.

And what was a base with SAS 3 years ago? This is the point the Rubi guy is making and like I said, I'm glad I bought when I did.
Except you can't compare a Sas to a Rubicon. A better comparison would be a Badlands nonSas to a Rubicon.

I paid $51K for my Badlands 2dr a few months ago. Rubicon 2 dr's I found were anywhere from $58K to $65K..

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know... but somehow Stellantis is still GCs selling more than last year and it's due to crazy incentives. Almost everything else declined... badly. The don't have many smaller affordable cars anymore and folks aren't buying overpriced large vehicles.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...d-full-year-2023-sales-results-302025792.html

Ford Bronco Why this guy bought a Rubicon over a Bronco 1714615737548-qa
They must be pumping the fleet sales on the GC or leasing a shit ton of 4xe GC in California. I donā€™t see the new ram doing well. Although the hurricane I6 intrigues me. Once that ecu is unlocked youā€™ll be seeing 1000hp rams with bolt ons running around.

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the local Jeep dealers near me has 92 Wranglers on the lot and in their overflow. Therer are several other Jeeps dealers in the area but I only checked this one.

Filter this down by 2dr and you'll see they have 1 Rubicon 2 dr that listed for $65K and 2 Sport 2dr's listed in the $48K range.

https://www.dickhannahjeep.com/new-vehicles/?_dFR[model][0]=Wrangler&_dFR[model][1]=Wrangler%204xe&_dFR[type][0]=New

That video is a boat load of BS.. He a) wanted a Jeep b) does not know he can travel to a different Ford dealer and buy a Bronco off a lot c) he purchased on a whim or d) he is full of you know what..

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Took this today. I think they had about 40 Broncos on the lot.

PXL_20240501_215833125.jpg
All but two with sag tops. Over my dead body, on a Jeepmorna Bronco.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I donā€™t give a shit what anybody buys, but a Rubi 2 door is $47,300 msrp, his story doesnā€™t check out.
Spec wise a 2 door rubi should be compared to a 2dr badlands, not a BB sas.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They must be pumping the fleet sales on the GC or leasing a shit ton of 4xe GC in California. I donā€™t see the new ram doing well. Although the hurricane I6 intrigues me. Once that ecu is unlocked youā€™ll be seeing 1000hp rams with bolt ons running around.
I don't have fleet sales numbers but I know Nissan basically lives on low margin fleet sales.

What we know about GC 4xe sales is in the link above:

• Jeep Wrangler 4xe, the first-ever electrified Jeep Wrangler, remains America's best-selling plug-in hybrid vehicle, with 67,429 (43%) of total Jeep Wrangler U.S. sales in 2023
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe accounted for 45,684 (19%) of Grand Cherokee total U.S. sales in 2023. The Grand Cherokee remains the No. 2 best-selling plug-in hybrid in the U.S.
Wow, gas Wrangler sales have tanked. Only 80K is sold which is less than the Bronco.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He has the hard top so itā€™s over 50k. Not sure his other options.
He couldā€™ve gotten a Heritage for less. But then he couldnā€™t make a clickbait video.
Spec wise a 2 door rubi should be compared to a 2dr badlands, not a BB sas.
im with you on that, but he was saying it was too expensive, then went on to say his payments were too high. Then he bought a rig that cost even more.
If he had the money and wanted a Bronco, then he couldā€™ve bought one, sounds like he was just coping for buyers remorse.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I just priced out a BB with SAS and auto trans. Nothing else. With acquisition and destination $51,124. That's the cheapest Bronco with SAS you can get.

And what was a base with SAS 3 years ago? This is the point the Rubi guy is making and like I said, I'm glad I bought when I did.
My 23 was price protected to 21. 2DR Base Squatch 2.7 w/aux switches. 38K.

Ford Bronco Why this guy bought a Rubicon over a Bronco IMG_0611.JPG
Sponsored