Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Voyna - hate comes with the territory, but you seem like you'realreadymature enoughto take it in stride. Good on ya! I "hate ya" because my car at 18 was a crappy used hatchback with 60k miles already, haha. Enjoy the BD and remember that mods don't add more than pennies to the resale, so just acknowledge that you're burning any money you spend on modifications and don't burn money you don't want back. Also, more lights =/= more capable off-road and do all the maintenance yourself. Okay... enough old guy-isms, just enjoy it!

You will have way more fun shoving your friends in the back seat of a 2dr than being the designated hauler for coolers/tables/etc...

Just sayin'. 2dr FTW! 🎉
Yeah, ask any dude who owns a truck, lol. Guess how many people ask me to drive "the group" to places? Zero! Gas money saved.

People gonna throw shade, ain't no big thang. lol Just keep on truckin' and the cat will be in the bag. :whistle:
Okay, so I know what letting the cat out of the bag means, but I never knew why he was in there in the first place...

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No disrespect at all, just wanna point out that you were 9 years old in 2015 when this site started lol.
I was about 9 when I got into cars! I read Car and Driver and Road & Track religiously; had model Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Porsche's, etc! I remember being pissed at my sister because she bought a Trans-Am and asked her why she didn't get a Porsche 924 instead???

For some it starts early and others it starts late but I bred in the love of all things cars to my son since he was a baby!

Sponsored

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello all, I am looking to finally join the Bronco family and I have 2 local dealerships I could buy my first Bronco from.

Firstly, my offer of 49,500 would be accepted for a 4 door big bend, with mid package, as pictured below. (Only upgrades it has are the mid package, modular bumper, tube step, and brush guard)

Secondly, my other offer to another dealership was on a 2 door black diamond for 51,000, as pictured below as well. The black diamond would have storage bags upgraded as well as, mid package, floor liners, and cargo area protector.

Both are automatics. The big bend has been on the lot, while the black diamond will be delivered on the 17th.

I feel like it would be a no brainer to get the black diamond just for the larger axle, aux switches, bash plates, and rear lockers. (I live in Florida and would like to take it off roading every once in a while if this plays a factor in which I should choose)

I am just 18 so I don’t necessarily have a family that I need to be carrying around in a four door.

Which should I go with?

IMG_1665.jpeg

IMG_5894.jpeg
No doubt the BD. Best value for the money. Steel bumpers, bash plates, aux switches. My 2023 is great. I switched my order last year from BB to BD for the tires, steelies, steel bumpers, and mgv seats(at the time BB was cloth)- best change order I ever made.

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was about 9 when I got into cars! I read Car and Driver and Road & Track religiously; had model Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Porsche's, etc! I remember being pissed at my sister because she bought a Trans-Am and asked her why she didn't get a Porsche 924 instead???

For some it starts early and others it starts late but I bred in the love of all things cars to my son since he was a baby!
Yes, and it’s still funny (to only me apparently) to imagine a 9 year old on here.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Voyna - hate comes with the territory, but you seem like you'realreadymature enoughto take it in stride. Good on ya! I "hate ya" because my car at 18 was a crappy used hatchback with 60k miles already, haha. Enjoy the BD and remember that mods don't add more than pennies to the resale, so just acknowledge that you're burning any money you spend on modifications and don't burn money you don't want back. Also, more lights =/= more capable off-road and do all the maintenance yourself. Okay... enough old guy-isms, just enjoy it!
My first car was a beat up used 1965 Mustang for $900. Decades later, my Bronco is the first new car I've ever bought for myself.

One thing I've learned, having new or very good condition vehicles has a down side. I'm talking about the worry that can weigh on the owner, in terms of the vehicle getting damaged. I never use to care where I parked, but now I'm the guy driving around the parking lot, looking for a spot less likely to get me dinged/hit. Drives my wife crazy sometimes. :)

For me there is something liberating about a low cost used 4x4, where you can more easily laugh or not care about spills, scratches, dents etc. I guy hit the back of my old CJ-7 when stopped for a train. His hood was all messed up, my somewhat rusted spare tire carrier was bent, I just bent it back, and told him to be more careful next time. I miss that lifestyle with this new Bronco, I would not laugh if someone slammed into the back of it.

Peitnahtan

Base
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello all, I am looking to finally join the Bronco family and I have 2 local dealerships I could buy my first Bronco from.

Firstly, my offer of 49,500 would be accepted for a 4 door big bend, with mid package, as pictured below. (Only upgrades it has are the mid package, modular bumper, tube step, and brush guard)

Secondly, my other offer to another dealership was on a 2 door black diamond for 51,000, as pictured below as well. The black diamond would have storage bags upgraded as well as, mid package, floor liners, and cargo area protector.

Both are automatics. The big bend has been on the lot, while the black diamond will be delivered on the 17th.

I feel like it would be a no brainer to get the black diamond just for the larger axle, aux switches, bash plates, and rear lockers. (I live in Florida and would like to take it off roading every once in a while if this plays a factor in which I should choose)

I am just 18 so I don’t necessarily have a family that I need to be carrying around in a four door.

Which should I go with?

IMG_1665.jpeg

IMG_5894.jpeg
2 Door Black Diamond for sure.

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a 2 Door. And I'm single. Even then, I occasionally needed more cargo space. The 2 door is really limited, even with the seats down.. So keep that in mind. It's not just for a family :)

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hate to sound like a parent but at 18 I would not be buying a new car. Find yourself a cool used off roader and have fun. Unless your last name is Buffett, save your money.

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a 2 Door. And I'm single. Even then, I occasionally needed more cargo space. The 2 door is really limited, even with the seats down.. So keep that in mind. It's not just for a family :)
Ladies love the two door. Might not be single if you kept the two door.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes, and it’s still funny (to only me apparently) to imagine a 9 year old on here.
At 9 yes but who knows what age some of these people are on here??? ... he's 18 now though. If the internet had been around when I was 9 I probably would have been on the forums, definitely would have been in my teens trying to figure out various repairs on the POS's that I drove!