Muddog899

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Added some sound deadening to the doors. Huge difference in the sound when they are closed.will do back panels and floors later.

20240320_112443.jpg

20240320_110652.jpg

20240320_111743.jpg

20240320_110704.jpg
Added some more to the backend of the bronco. Took seats and side panels off. Not sure is I can block the little squares on top off the fender under the window glass.

20240324_124635.jpg

20240324_124616.jpg

20240324_124623.jpg
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going in gals and guys...

- Transmission filter and fluid change + PPE deep transmission pan is the main objective today.

-------------------------------------

If time today (if not during the weekend):

- Transfer case fluid change

- Rear axle fluid change (I need to pull my Ford Performance cover to drill and tap for a temperature probe, so I'll reinstall the stock cover temporarily).

- Engine oil and filter change

I will create a detailed post as per usual when completed with the transmission work.

@redone17 + @Dorf2point0

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240324_124623
πŸ‘€ how did the deep pan fit with the skids?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Added some more to the backend of the bronco. Took seats and side panels off. Not sure is I can block the little squares on top off the fender under the window glass.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240324_124623

I have to remove the passenger side panel for another project, any pointers? Where to start? Tools?

Muddog899

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have to remove the passenger side panel for another project, any pointers? Where to start? Tools?
Have to remove the cargo cover remove tie downs and back trim panel on the floor then remove the small trim piece by the roll bar. That is a tricky one to get out, then start popping out the rear panel if you have a long panel tool it will help with the clips . I forgot that you also have to pull the trim panel from the door floor area. There is a few you tube videos that explain how to do it.

Sponsored

BroncoNapped

Base
First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10
Your Bronco Model
Base
After a long search and debate, I went with the Steelcraft Fortis rear bumper.

The finish:
Well bulit, I like the rounded look and bulit in license plate. It definitely look like it belongs and not just a bolt on....
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240210_150101

The Fit:
Unfortunately the door just barely clears when its fully open. That's after shimming with a washer. I guess I better get one those door restrictors

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240210_150201

WLDTRK73

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Azure Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm going in gals and guys...

- Transmission filter and fluid change + PPE deep transmission pan is the main objective today.

-------------------------------------

If time today (if not during the weekend):

- Transfer case fluid change

- Rear axle fluid change (I need to pull my Ford Performance cover to drill and tap for a temperature probe, so I'll reinstall the stock cover temporarily).

- Engine oil and filter change

I will create a detailed post as per usual when completed with the transmission work.

@redone17 + @Dorf2point0

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_2538
Couple questions... @CarbonSteel

1. Your engine oil of choice does not seem to be listed on your very well put together spreadsheet. Am I just overlooking it?

2. Assuming you are installing the new UPR plug?

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A little sand and sun therapy (even if it was still too chilly to get in the water) with a few locals.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0899

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0900

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0902

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
πŸ‘€ how did the deep pan fit with the skids?
Couple questions... @CarbonSteel

1. Your engine oil of choice does not seem to be listed on your very well put together spreadsheet. Am I just overlooking it?

2. Assuming you are installing the new UPR plug?
I was not able to do the transmission work so that is put off for a while (external work cut my time short). I also experienced another "fail to upshift" event and now I am hesitant to mess with the transmission at all. I have no idea if Ford would try to deny a warranty claim because I added an aftermarket transmission pan. There have been others here with the same type of event that eventually it threw a code and required a transmission replacement. If that is going to happen to mine (which I suspect it will at some point) then I do not want to have to fight Ford about it.

For the engine oil, you are correct the oil that I am using is not on the list and I did not mention it on the list because it does not meet all of the requirements--it meets API SP but does not meet ILSAC GF-6. However, not meeting GF-6 means that it does not meet fuel economy requirements which is something that I could not care less about. I want the best protection in an engine oil and ESP is the most robust off the shelf 0W-30 on the market that I could find.

I did install the UPR plug. It fits MUCH tighter than the Ronin which should mean less "weepage". The UPR has a double o-ring whereas the Ronin has only one.

I did not have time to take any photos, but I will do that soon and post them. The part that remains to be seen is if I can reach over the top of the skid plate to remove the cap and push the drain hose onto it AND twist the knob to drain it. If not, it means dropping the skid plate and that would likely mean a return to the Ronin (or dare I say it--the OEM plug).

The advantage the Ronin has is that you can insert the hose onto the "key" and use the hose to screw it into the valve. The Ronin had a tiny bit of metal paste (very slight amount) and so the built-in magnet is doing its job.

paleh0rse

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco and others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Busy weekend...

Mod 38: Tailgate limiter created by forum user @bb163
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Mod38

Mod 39: Spare Tire Adapter for 1up Bike Racks. This prototype was also created by forum user @bb163
This thing is AWESOME! I am finally able to free up my hitch and regain my stock departure angles while going offroad. That's why I think this will become a must-have for anyone who goes offroad while carrying a bike - especially those who already have a 1up rack.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Mod39a

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Mod39b

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Mod39c

Mod 40: Mountains2Metal Tailgate Reinforcement Bracket
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Mod40

Mod 41: Mountains2Metal Tailgate Army Bracket (attaches to their reinforcement bracket). Plan to use this for mounting various camping/offroading gear. Haven't decided yet, but possibly Rotopax, traction boards, propane tank, or my hi-lift.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Mod41

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Busy weekend.

Installed Bartac door bags and cords.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  GOPR0002.JPG

Added sill protectors (I kind of like the red trim):
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  GOPR0003.JPG

M2M Molle and Garmin Tread Overland GPS mount and hard-wired:
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  GOPR0004.JPG

Latch covers installed:
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  GOPR0005.JPG

Rear glass elec connection covers installed:
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  GOPR0006.JPG

Did the programming to rid myself of the seatbelt chime!

Never done...........

Last edited:

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3821

Wore the little man out at the new park visit yesterday . 4 of 47 SC state parks down. Collect all passports stamps to get the Ultimate Outsider shirt for him
Sponsored