BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think he's saying that unless you're willing to give up your vehicle for months while a dealership performs their regularly scheduled rectal-cranial inversion, that you're clearly doing it wrong. Everyone knows the best way to get something fixed is to give up your daily driver for weeks/months while it's sorted out by dealers that only have their own best interests at heart.
Yeah I didnt say that at all. Slow down, read carefully. Maybe reflect if you have to. Then post.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I didnt say that at all. Slow down, read carefully. Maybe reflect if you have to. Then post.
Dontcha know @HotdogThud's reflection involves a finger, an itch and a dark crack? lol

In all fairness, he did say just bring it back all put together, not to leave it there (which is actually good advice if possible and safe to do). Also in all fairness, I had a service writer demand I leave my Bronco for almost a month (outside, in hail season) to wait on a window seal (that he then didn't order for another two weeks until I called to check in). I'm pretty sure he didn't order the parts because I didn't leave it, and he hoped I'd forget.

So, I call this 6g deathmatch a draw.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel like I see a full soft top come up for sale for around $600 atleast once a month in my area. May just be a conversation you have with your dealer and see what they want to do to make the situation right.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/soft-top-off-of-2022-outerbanks-for-sale-500.91964/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...oem-packing-on-factory-pallet-1250-obo.92219/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...hardware-4dr-11-500-miles-not-shipping.92295/

There are more listings just go check the for sale area.

Dlrsavannah

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The gas cylinder on the passenger side for the assisted lift froze up on mine and they want $1200 for it. I can find a new used soft top for as low as $600. For now though, with it off I can put the top up and down as I want but it does make it more difficult to do.

Blueys Bronco

Base
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had the same thing happen my 2021 on the Passenger side. I posted on one of the Facebook groups and got blasted with people say I damaged it myself. Never removed the top. I purchased in November of 2021 and because I live in NY I never opened my top until the following year. The first time I removed the back windows, I noticed it was broken.

I went to a local dealership, and they immediately rejected the claim and said it was pre-exiting damage. I called ford about 3 times to no avail.

Late last year I went to another Ford Dealership to get some other warranty items taken care of and decided to see if they would cover it. I didn't say that it got rejected previously and they covered it. They had to replace the entire frame.

My opinion is that there is a flaw between the strap that connects that bar to the upper frame. It may be too taught and when the back is lifted and then closed, it puts undue stress on those corners. That or they are being damaged at the factory prior to being put on the truck.
Ford Bronco Warranty Nightmare (Advice needed) 1715277396073-rx

Last edited:

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I honestly don't blame them for not covering this as it was probably over stressed and not a defect. That said they should have told you that up front and not put you thru all that. Just a FYI I sold my soft top with all necessary hardware for $700.00. With aftermarket hard tops being shipped now there should be quite a few soft tops on the market. Perhaps the part you need can be removed and shipped?

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The warranty issues absolutely suck. I got my 72k MSRP Heritage home and the next day noticed the drivers door was misaligned and I believe the door was repainted as part of the door does not appear to have adequate clear coat on it( much duller than the front and rear fenders. I’ve been battling for two months now and nobody seems to care. Ghosted by the selling dealer. Made contact with FMC on this forum who initiated a case, but nothing, crickets. I’ve owned nothing but Ford my entire life, shows that loyalty means nothing. Last Ford I will ever buy. @Ford Motor Company

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The warranty issues absolutely suck. I got my 72k MSRP Heritage home and the next day noticed the drivers door was misaligned and I believe the door was repainted as part of the door does not appear to have adequate clear coat on it( much duller than the front and rear fenders. I’ve been battling for two months now and nobody seems to care. Ghosted by the selling dealer. Made contact with FMC on this forum who initiated a case, but nothing, crickets. I’ve owned nothing but Ford my entire life, shows that loyalty means nothing. Last Ford I will ever buy. @Ford Motor Company
Yeah ford doesn’t care about you so that loyalty thing means nothing.

jimd1

Badlands
First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure I understand what would have been different. I couldn't use the top so it needed to come off either way (home or there), but you are saying since it wouldn't have been in their possession they would have 'actually' made the order but since I didn't have it at my home they didn't make the or

Thank you for this! Would I just be purchasing from them or trying to get warranty coverage?
In my experience if the dealer doesn't work on it first they wont cover it. I would had to driven it to the dealer as is, then they might cover it

Sponsored

CoastieN70

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are "boat loads" of sort tops on pallets for sale cheap, compared to what it would cost in parts from Ford.
A dealer with half a brain should snatch one up and work out the reimbursement from Ford, whom it seems doesn't have the "parts," and make a Customer a loyal fan!

Bronc’n Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Talk to the GM or Owner and get them to connect you with the regional Ford Representative. This is BS. Should have answered all your questions at the start ( warranty or not warranty) and shown you order numbers or COPIS correspondence.
I have had parts take forever, but can show the customer. If they order regular order( instead of emergency) the order will drop after a certain time. Someone dropped the ball.

QUOTE="BroncoFrog, post: 2236818, member: 50709"]

So with around only 3 months of ownership last year, my 2023 Badlands when closing the soft top, the bracket just broke cleanly and completely. I took it off and into my Ford Dealer who stated they would repair under warranty (October of 2023). I was so fortunate in that I had both tops so I was able to switch to a hard top. For months I would try to get updates and always hear that the part was on the way, some of the parts arrived, or a part was backordered. I eventually had to start going in person to reach anyone or get a response. One day they said to please file a claim with Ford to ensure they got paid for the warranty work. I did that and Ford was incredibly confused and stated 100% of the warranty process should be handled by them, but that they would record my call and attempt to do what they asked. They then stated in April the part was finally set to arrive at the end of the month and I could pick it up repaired Early may. This week, I was called and told that Ford was denying their warranty despite their multiple attempts and they never seemed to have actually ordered anything as a result and that I needed to come get the top 'immediately'. They stated the manager was worried they would be out the $15,000 the repair would cost (that amount makes no sense) and Ford sent back their requests saying "no warranty". They have been in possession of it for 8 entire months saying it was just a part. They said to call Ford to get the warranty approved. When I contacted Ford they said the dealer has discrepancy to warranty items and to follow up with them. I got the contact for the manager but wanted some advice before calling or visiting to best get this resolved. How can it be $15,000? Looking at OEM parts most of the soft top parts are cheap, the most expensive one I ever found was around $2k, but I can't quite determine what I even need to be honest (help appreciated there as well).
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Iron Lion

Outer Banks
First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So with around only 3 months of ownership last year, my 2023 Badlands when closing the soft top, the bracket just broke cleanly and completely. I took it off and into my Ford Dealer who stated they would repair under warranty (October of 2023). I was so fortunate in that I had both tops so I was able to switch to a hard top. For months I would try to get updates and always hear that the part was on the way, some of the parts arrived, or a part was backordered. I eventually had to start going in person to reach anyone or get a response. One day they said to please file a claim with Ford to ensure they got paid for the warranty work. I did that and Ford was incredibly confused and stated 100% of the warranty process should be handled by them, but that they would record my call and attempt to do what they asked. They then stated in April the part was finally set to arrive at the end of the month and I could pick it up repaired Early may. This week, I was called and told that Ford was denying their warranty despite their multiple attempts and they never seemed to have actually ordered anything as a result and that I needed to come get the top 'immediately'. They stated the manager was worried they would be out the $15,000 the repair would cost (that amount makes no sense) and Ford sent back their requests saying "no warranty". They have been in possession of it for 8 entire months saying it was just a part. They said to call Ford to get the warranty approved. When I contacted Ford they said the dealer has discrepancy to warranty items and to follow up with them. I got the contact for the manager but wanted some advice before calling or visiting to best get this resolved. How can it be $15,000? Looking at OEM parts most of the soft top parts are cheap, the most expensive one I ever found was around $2k, but I can't quite determine what I even need to be honest (help appreciated there as well).
I would hire an attorney and tell them you want an answer! Or be sued for the run a round. Problem now a days no one does their job or knows how to do it! Best of luck!

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I would hire an attorney and tell them you want an answer! Or be sued for the run a round. Problem now a days no one does their job or knows how to do it! Best of luck!
Um… have you ever done that? I have and can tell you it is not a simple ,quick, or cheap matter. I would advise the OP to just buy another soft top of his choice and move on.
Sponsored

Last edited: