Sponsored

WarHorse Brace (The mod I didn’t know I needed)

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A little fast and loose with the term "product" but isn't this just a bit of angle and several holes to choose from? (aside from the logo)
Like this, but with holes:
https://www.metalsdepot.com/stainless-steel-products/stainless-steel-angle
@TRACKTOY - I'm sure they sell angle up in Canada somewhere... may have to add a "u" to your search? :LOL: ;)
Loool, mostly true. Yes, it’s an angle. This “item” is made of stainless steel, not iron. There is a slight downward taper on it as well to fit. It’s press bent or whatever the term is and laser cut. Sure, you could make your own with angule iron.
But I figured a chunk of people don’t have access to the tools to make one. For the price, it’s well worth it too.

Cheers!
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Loool, mostly true. Yes, it’s an angle. This “item” is made of stainless steel, not iron. There is a slight downward taper on it as well to fit. It’s press bent or whatever the term is and laser cut. Sure, you could make your own with angule iron.
But I figured a chunk of people don’t have access to the tools to make one. For the price, it’s well worth it too.

Cheers!
I get that some people will need to buy one. It's only bent on a brake because it's laser cut flat, mostly, for the logo.

I just saw angule and some holes. Tape measure, drill, and angule cut to length(maybe you need a saw if it's too long).

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Home Depot. I have a bunch of this in the garage.

Ford Bronco WarHorse Brace (The mod I didn’t know I needed) IMG_1709

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco tax? What's the price?

Sponsored

Lordsandy

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will these be available in black?!

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great news, Tyson says they do ship to Canada. Just email him at [email protected].
YOU ARE right but it was Tyson who reached me by email but I was at the chalet and couldn't connect to PayPall from the chalet because of satellite internet. I just wrote to him to inform him of my return home and to send me his paypall invoice. this should work. the joke he just called me.
thank you everything is perfect
tracktoy

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey y’all, I’m back with another discovery. My friends over at Warhorse of Texas (competitors in the Rebel Rally and strong off-road enthusiasts) have partnered with Hammerbuilt to bring this cool new product.
Now it was designed as a tail gate limiter to protect your tail light from being smacked by gas cans, jacks or other shenanigans you may have mounted back there by your spare.
But I also found another use…

When I received mine, I went out to install it and noticed that my strut bolt going into my tailgate was fatiguing the tailgate, causing the metal skin to bend, almost to the verge of cracking. With time, I know that my strut would have snapped free of the tailgate, causing irreparable damage to my tailgate strut mounting location and possibly taking out my tail light.

This product relocates the strut to the angle iron and not only allows adjustability. But also adds strength by utilizing another bolt location in the tailgate to create two points of contact, strengthing your strut mount in the process.
I’m a huge fan so far, went and got mine powder coated (comes in stainless steel).
Works on both OEM strut and Hammer built strut.

Takes approx 2 minutes to install with a half inch socket and wrench (or 13mm), a flat head screwdriver and a T30 torx.

Warhorse Off-road has more stuff coming all sold through Hammerbuilt. I’m not associated, just big fan of supporting American made, small companies and good ideas.

It does not interfere with the tailgate or the interior space at all.

https://hpbuilt.shop/collections/bronco/products/war-horse-bronco-hd-tailgate-limiter
This link comes up as an "404-Error" page and the item doesn't show up on HB's website. Are they no longer available?

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am angry not confused. BUT I place a warning for all CANADIANS who want to do business with hammer built on the costs..AND raw material of this metal part not powder coated. for $202.81 visit HOME DÉPOT .
tracktoy
This link comes up as an "404-Error" page and the item doesn't show up on HB's website. Are they no longer available?
Sooooo Mountains2Metal who make a limiting brace too if a different design and $185 price tag came after them for patent infringement and threatened suit. They reached out to lawyers and got told they DO NOT infringe on the patent and started selling them again through their website now which got linked.

Hi Tracktoy again. Welcome back.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooooo Mountains2Metal who make a limiting brace too if a different design and $185 price tag came after them for patent infringement and threatened suit. They reached out to lawyers and got told they DO NOT infringe on the patent and started selling them again through their website now which got linked.

Hi Tracktoy again. Welcome back.
Thanks for the update. I dropped the $185 for the M2M as it was about the only option available at the time. It works great however the ball socket mounting location being on the bottom of the M2M rail caused my strut to drag on my aftermarket bumper. The War Horse model will fix this issue...I just ordered one. The price is great IMO.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

adcam