Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

In summation: @5GENIDN wants Ford to offer 74Weld portals from the factory. With a cool $35k markup (D60 axle, boxed and all the trimmings), that would put the Rocky Mountain starting at $85,495 (BL + $35k). That would be a cool 2dr, no doubt. Cuz it should only BE a 2dr... 😁

Wonder how many they would sell? For a bunch of reasons, I don't see this happening, although I see them being offered on Ford Performance at some point and under warranty perhaps. Cool idea, though. Definitely would love to see a lovingly designed Rocky Mountain model with cool colors and perhaps some nifty mountain graphics.
very acurate summation. Thank you. And you are right.... Never going to see it on the lot, but maybe, just maybe through Ford Performance..... Still think it is a good idea. After all, they offer the BRaptor.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Ford offers the BRapter edition that is designed for high speed desert running and is pretty darn good at rock crawling.

I think Ford should offer an edition designed for rock crawling and mountain trail running while decent at the desert running.

Desert running requires articulation and the Brapter takes the Bronco to the next level with that long arm suspension and fox coil overs.

Rock crawling and mountain trail running require more clearance, it is performed a slower speeds. Articulation is important but clearance is more important.

Since most Bronco Editions are named after a geographic location I propose this new edition be named the Boulder Mountain Edition.

Besides... Ford already released a rendering of this one back in 2020...

CORRECTION: Ford wasn't responsible for that render. That was the work of Brian. He created the renders for the John Bronco Sells Heritage Edition thread. His work was recognized by Ford's engineers as they contacted him personally wondering how his renders were so accurate before the actual release of the Heritage Edition

And that is the rendering I fell in love with.....

Ford Bronco The new Boulder Mountain Edition Build .... (prototype) 1707320451394

So the real thing next to a raptor....

Ford Bronco The new Boulder Mountain Edition Build .... (prototype) 1707320451394

and next to some Broncos....

Price should be about the same as the BRaptor (at least this one was priced about the same).
Damn man! I had no idea your Bronco was such a BEAST! 🤪

What kind of lift and size tires are you running? Looks like it's up on portals.

Very badass!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Price should be about the same as the BRaptor (at least this one was priced about the same).

This pic gives me a funny feeling, lol.

Also, makes me nervous about all of these parking garages in Miami. Did I miss where you listed the new height? And do you wish you were able to get skinnier tires?

Just a monster of a Bronco! Love it!

Sponsored
OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Damn man! I had no idea your Bronco was such a BEAST! 🤪

What kind of lift and size tires are you running? Looks like it's up on portals.

Very badass!
It is on Portals. the biggest upgrade in my opinion is one you can not even see.... The Steering rack....

That steering rack is a game changer for all of IFS! 74weld is working on a new rack for the Tacos as well right now. The stage 3 is just plug and play. Very easy install, no software involved. It is all about the tolerance of the manufacturing. No lash adjustment because it is so tightly toleranced. That allows a bushing that mounts right where the lash adjuster used to be located; in the most critical position directly behind and on either side of the pinion. The Bushings are an immense upgrade as well. Rather than balancing indentational load deflection, rebound and durability like the mass produced ones, Quinn maximized the ILD and rebound with a polymer that has low durability and then sleeved it with and oil impregnated bronze sleeve so it has even more durability. Then they increased the total bushing surface area by over 400%.... I think it is the closest you can get to indestructible.

I added King coil overs and had them tuned for this truck by Accutune. I had them change the rear digressive valving to linear and then revalve for my weight at each corner. It rides like on a cloud and yet is weighted and balanced and very controlled.

Yes it was expensive but I am an old man and this is my dream car. I would rather have this than go out and buy a corvette... like most of my peers.... 😁

I will probably get more use out of it than they will driving 55 in a Vette.... ;) (Sammy H. reference)

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice build , interesting thoughts - I went a totally different direction than portals with a solid axel conversion . For off road use only - it gives me more options with hydro steering to push big tires -way more flex in custom suspension. understand not for everybody we purchased a salved bronco to build on.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice build , interesting thoughts - I went a totally different direction than portals with a solid axel conversion . For off road use only - it gives me more options with hydro steering to push big tires -way more flex in custom suspension. understand not for everybody we purchased a salved bronco to build on.
Pics please!

OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I probably would have gone the same way if I were building one for off road use only.... Sounds like a really fun build.

Sponsored
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks 2.7L Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So Ford offers the BRapter edition that is designed for high speed desert running and is pretty darn good at rock crawling.

I think Ford should offer an edition designed for rock crawling and mountain trail running while decent at the desert running.

Desert running requires articulation and the Brapter takes the Bronco to the next level with that long arm suspension and fox coil overs.

Rock crawling and mountain trail running require more clearance, it is performed a slower speeds. Articulation is important but clearance is more important.

Since most Bronco Editions are named after a geographic location I propose this new edition be named the Boulder Mountain Edition.

Besides... Ford already released a rendering of this one back in 2020...

CORRECTION: Ford wasn't responsible for that render. That was the work of Brian. He created the renders for the John Bronco Sells Heritage Edition thread. His work was recognized by Ford's engineers as they contacted him personally wondering how his renders were so accurate before the actual release of the Heritage Edition

And that is the rendering I fell in love with.....

and next to some Broncos....

That looks freaking awesome!

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is on Portals. the biggest upgrade in my opinion is one you can not even see.... The Steering rack....

That steering rack is a game changer for all of IFS! 74weld is working on a new rack for the Tacos as well right now. The stage 3 is just plug and play. Very easy install, no software involved. It is all about the tolerance of the manufacturing. No lash adjustment because it is so tightly toleranced. That allows a bushing that mounts right where the lash adjuster used to be located; in the most critical position directly behind and on either side of the pinion. The Bushings are an immense upgrade as well. Rather than balancing indentational load deflection, rebound and durability like the mass produced ones, Quinn maximized the ILD and rebound with a polymer that has low durability and then sleeved it with and oil impregnated bronze sleeve so it has even more durability. Then they increased the total bushing surface area by over 400%.... I think it is the closest you can get to indestructible.

I added King coil overs and had them tuned for this truck by Accutune. I had them change the rear digressive valving to linear and then revalve for my weight at each corner. It rides like on a cloud and yet is weighted and balanced and very controlled.

Yes it was expensive but I am an old man and this is my dream car. I would rather have this than go out and buy a corvette... like most of my peers.... 😁

I will probably get more use out of it than they will driving 55 in a Vette.... ;) (Sammy H. reference)
Good choice on skipping the corvette, I rented one for a week before I purchased the bronco to test it out. While it's a great sports car for the price, it isn't really comfortable for longer than 1.5-2 hours and the programming on the transmission falls way behind what Porsche has done with their pdk programming. And cheers to your bronco, looks fantastic.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hagar quote gets extra points!

Yes, I plan on upgrading my rack once I pay this thing off in 3 years to the 74Weld as well. Want to drive it down to Bubba at Exodus in Texas. Did you upgrade and code yourself or a shop? If you don't mind my asking?

Well, you've been one of my favorite members here since you joined. Good to see you not only in your dream car, but making it badass and then hitting the trails in her.

Fabulous build and a worthwhile investment for sure that'll pay back in smiles per obstacle on the trails.

OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This pic gives me a funny feeling, lol.

Also, makes me nervous about all of these parking garages in Miami. Did I miss where you listed the new height? And do you wish you were able to get skinnier tires?

Just a monster of a Bronco! Love it!
83.5 inches tall and 84 inches wide. and no the 13.5s already "look" skinny at that size. and when aired down, nice big contact area as well.
Sponsored