Sponsored

What exactly is in "Sasquatch Package" ?

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good looking Bronc! Lift, 35" double Goodyear OEM tires. Some nice side rail step-ups that looks like they cover the ugly pinch welds. Not a big fan of the wheels, but that is personal taste and if you like them looking great for you so far. First exterior upgrade I would think of is replacing the plastic front bumper with a metal modular bumper. There is a cheap Chinese knock-off I have seen good installs and reviews on YouTube, but OEM would probably last longer before rust concerns I would think.
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A lift and big tires does not make it a Sasquatch. You didn't get the advanced transfer case, the HOSS 2.0 or the gear ratio...
Totally agree but to most casual buyers outside this forum "Sasquatch = the one with big tires"

thetxpopulist

Badlands
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great looking Bronco! Welcome to the Forum. As you mod and make it your own I’d suggest keeping a build journal in that part of the forum. One of the really cool things about this site!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Totally agree but to most casual buyers outside this forum "Sasquatch = the one with big tires"
I concur.... The unwashed masses do not have a clue.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What exactly is in "Sasquatch Package"?
  1. Extra large hairbrush
  2. Flea drops with 10ft dropper handle
  3. One gallon RID dip
  4. Six gallons of Main and Tail
  5. Extra large Oakley sunglasses
  6. Shock collar
  7. Dog nail trimmers
  8. A year's supply Fabreeze demusker

Sponsored

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can't add true "Sasquatch" after market, it must come with that option when new. That said I wouldn't worry about it, you can add most or all of the stuff a Sasquatch package has, but like you pointed out you won't have the hero switches. You also may or may not have the advanced 4WD system, which in my opinion is better if you don't.
I love having 4A. It was a cheap feature I was able to add on in MY 22 on the Black Diamond. It's like having a Jeep and a Subaru all in one. What do you not like about it?

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love having 4A. It was a cheap feature I was able to add on in MY 22 on the Black Diamond. It's like having a Jeep and a Subaru all in one. What do you not like about it?
Some folks have had their 4A transfer cases shred, and it's been claimed that excessive 4A use ~could~ be the cause. This isn't common, but there's been a few reports around here.

Others run in 4A nearly non-stop with no issues.

"Just one more thing that can break" type thing I think.

OP
OP
AXMRDR

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '02 F350 4WD Crew, couple of Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank everyone for their input. As I had mentioned when I was shopping before everything was priced above my price limit that I was willing to spend. I had not priced them lately.

That being said, I just now did a quick inventory of base Broncos for sale within 500 miles of me with reasonably the same mileage or less and the V6 engine. While mine has some extras added, (wheels, step rails) the price I gave was lower than all 20 results, some by a lot, some by a little.

Low mileage, great condition and good looks were at the top of my 'want' list.

I live on a very steep (paved road) hill which can be tough when it snows or sleets. Only one way in or out. While my F350 is 4WD it is a very heavy rig to be driving up a steep icy road. I've been doing it but this rig should do it better.

I'm just going to say it now that this Bronco will not be busting bogs. I bought it to get around town and maybe a little bit off the road. I'm retired. We live in Arkansas where there are tons of things to do outdoors. Hiking, kayaking, ATVing, etc...

I've done more than my share of mudding back in my early life when working on rigs was easier to do. Nowadays I like to work on my rigs when I want to, not because I have to. Personally I don't need locking hubs although it would have been nice to have them. My truck has them and they are nice to have.

When it's warm I spend most of my miles on my Road Kings. This is my first convertible for which I am excited to try out.

I look forward to reading more about these great rigs. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1. Extra large hairbrush
  2. Flea drops with 10ft dropper handle
  3. One gallon RID dip
  4. Six gallons of Main and Tail
  5. Extra large Oakley sunglasses
  6. Shock collar
  7. Dog nail trimmers
  8. A year's supply Fabreeze demusker
"My Sasquatch, "Loki" is a little mischievous, but he doesn't need a shock collar, he's really much better behaved than that, as long as you don't include shaking off/throwing a few stones every time we get back onto the road; but he gets them out pretty quickly and is good the rest of the trip.

He's also resentful that you think he has fleas, he says that's a mean stereotype, Sasquatches are a proud people... Err, humanoid race and have better grooming than that.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm just going to say it now that this Bronco will not be busting bogs. I bought it to get around town and maybe a little bit off the road. I'm retired. We live in Arkansas where there are tons of things to do outdoors. Hiking, kayaking, ATVing, etc...
Perfect Bronco for you then!

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some folks have had their 4A transfer cases shred, and it's been claimed that excessive 4A use ~could~ be the cause. This isn't common, but there's been a few reports around here.

Others run in 4A nearly non-stop with no issues.

"Just one more thing that can break" type thing I think.
Pretty happy with my 4A, which is what I run daily, now over 95k miles.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is an extra cost package that makes an already cool Bronco look cooler, but causes those who optioned the package to complain about tire tread design, paint chips, gas mileage, and difficult to remove bead locks.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It does not have the 4A. That was one of the other things that wasn't jiving.
I didn't know they had different ratios. Hanging out here is like getting a college education in Bronco.
Some of us waited 2 years to get out Bronco. It’s at least an associates degree :)

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond