Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I enjoy modding it very much
If trading at the dealership - those mods aren't doing you any favors for value, and private sale you're asking someone to like what you've done to it.

As others have stated - unless you want to pay on a vehicle you no longer own - keep it and enjoy.
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel your pain!

I purchased my 2023 Badlands 2 DR Bronco SAS for $56,200 back in December 2022. After waiting for over two years BTW.
I put it up for sale on this forum purely for the fact that I never drive it. It's a beautiful Bronco.
I let my Girl Friend drive it for the past three weeks because I got tired of seeing it just sit in the garage.
Mileage is now just over 6,000 miles.
I was asking $48,000 for it, but I have had not a single offer on it.
Any reasonable offer wouldn't be turned down.

Insurance is eating me alive for a vehicle that just sits in my garage and looks pretty.

I purchased a 2023 Single Cab F150 5.0 which has pretty much been my daily driver.

Only problem as mentioned in another comment. I couldn't replace it for $48,000.

Drove it for the past few days. Awesome truck and it turns a lot of heads still in 2024.
Insurance tip, see if you can put it in storage on your insurance. I regularly store mine until I'm ready to hit the trails. Saves a bit of coin as it's not a daily driver for me.

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP, donā€™t feel alone here. Basically 80% of those who bought a car from 21-23 in general are probably flipped over on them now. It was the insanity of the times. I had two cars (split mileage to keep me out of dealerships every 5 years). Commute 65 miles a day. Now mostly work from home, I sold one to Carvana in early 2022. A 2015 VW GTI with 73k miles and needed about $3k in serviceā€¦.for $21k. In 2017 I went to trade it for a new Toureq, only had 28k miles then (still under warranty), and was offered $12,800 for it. I kept it and bought a second car to go with it. Dealer explained to me what the subprime lender market had done to used car values (advertise the used one, sell a new one instead for same monthly payment, granted loan term difference from 3 years to 7, but nobody cared). So, I bought a lease-return CPO Mercedes with 20k miles for 40% of the original MSRP (which my Bronco is now replacing).
So, donā€™t feel bad about your situation on the Bronco. At least youā€™re flipped on a brand new car that youā€™ve owned since day 1, and not a higher mileage used car with problems! Know that doesnā€™t make the payment feel any better, but hopefully helps to justify it a little moreā€¦

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't people research, test drive and think about use case before buying a new vehicle? Short of some life change (job/health/financial), I don't understand buying a new vehicle and needing to sell after only a year or two.

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had a 22BB SAS similar to yours that I sold in March.
6.5k miles, 1.5 years still left on the warranty, 49k MSRP, sold for 44k. I started at 48k in January and dropped the price every two weeks. It also had Katzkin seats + extras. Took about a 9k hit (I did not pay any taxes or ADM). The only reason I sold it was to upgrade to my Braptor.
34k is probably the high end of your value.

Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't people research, test drive and think about use case before buying a new vehicle? Short of some life change (job/health/financial), I don't understand buying a new vehicle and needing to sell after only a year or two.

Totally unhelpful, sanctimonious, and unwelcome.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some people's needs change. Sometimes the reality of owning a Bronco is more difficult than anticipated. Some people do not go into a truck purchase with an expectation of it being a 10+ year of their life commitment.

In my case, I origin ally pre-ordered my Bronco in 2019. It showed up in 2022. It is now just 2 years old, but it is 5 years after I ordered it. In that time, my kids have doubled in size and I now road trip monthly. The Bronco is less than ideal now for me, so I bought a loaded out Ram truck. I kept my Bronco, just retired it to permanent around town convertible toy.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Back in '21 who had the option to test drive? If one showed up unclaimed most dealers velvet roped them in the showroom unless you showed them a stack of bills. Mine finally showed up in late '23 and I didn't drive it until it was delivered in my driveway after having it shipped half-way across the country. Luckily I'm happy with it and paid way below sticker with the various year to year offers and a Granger deal. I did do a Carvana quote a couple of months back when it was only 3 months old and they were offering $39k and sticker was almost $50k ... but then again I only paid $41k.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't people research, test drive and think about use case before buying a new vehicle?
Is that even a thing?

I mean can you do that?

šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

You madman!

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I payed off my Bronco in one year. Saving for 2 years waiting on build date and paying MSRP and extra principal payments helped.

Feels good.

Now I will be picking up a Ranger Raptor soon.

Donā€™t mean to rub it in, but you can take this as an educational opportunity.

Large down payment and shorter loan helps with todayā€™s crazy prices. Who wants to pay 1k a month for 6 years? Not me.

Sponsored

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is why I recommend buying and holding vehicles long term. If you pay off the loan and get some more years free and clear you have nothing to worry about along these lines. Even if OP got a great deal on the BB, it never pays to keep trading in with delivery fees and taxes on the new vehicle and depreciation on the traded-in vehicle.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Back in '21 who had the option to test drive? If one showed up unclaimed most dealers velvet roped them in the showroom unless you showed them a stack of bills. Mine finally showed up in late '23 and I didn't drive it until it was delivered in my driveway after having it shipped half-way across the country. Luckily I'm happy with it and paid way below sticker with the various year to year offers and a Granger deal. I did do a Carvana quote a couple of months back when it was only 3 months old and they were offering $39k and sticker was almost $50k ... but then again I only paid $41k.
I didn't make an early reservation, I don't buy vehicles that I haven't seen in person and test drove. Just not the way I roll.

I only reserved later with Granger, after having seen and test driven a Bronco. Also I attended a free Ford off-road event, to test drive a 2-door manual before actually completing the purchase, to be sure I wanted that config.

Even though I spent under 30k for my Bronco, and have years of open-top vehicle ownership, it's still a big purchase, so I did my homework. Some life changes and surprises are unavoidable. But it's worth putting in the time to reduce those and avoid making the wrong purchase and potentially costly mistakes.