First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend Sas
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi there, and thank you in advance. My wife is thinking about selling her 2021 Big Bend Sas Package Bronco (Auto). It has 35,000 miles on it, and we still owe about $43,000. It's been mainly used for commuting and is in great condition (pavement princess) – no accidents, smoke, or pets. How much could we sell it for privately? A dealer offered only $31,000, which seems quite low. Thanks again!

Ford Bronco Possibly for sale? IMG_9265

Ford Bronco Possibly for sale? IMG_9267

Ford Bronco Possibly for sale? IMG_9266

Ford Bronco Possibly for sale? IMG_9258

Ford Bronco Possibly for sale? IMG_9257
Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think you might get couple more thousands from a private sale but 31k sounds about right. Brand new 2023 Big Bends are selling for about or even less than 43k… you’re in a bit of a tough position being this much upside down so I think your best option is to keep it. Sorry if it’s not the answer you were hoping for!

Sponsored

Johnsolo_02

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you might get couple more thousands from a private sale but 31k sounds about right. Brand new 2023 Big Bends are selling for about or even less than 43k… you’re in a bit of a tough position being this much upside down so I think your best option is to keep it. Sorry if it’s not the answer you were hoping for!
I’m with @TXBronco1313 on this one. That should be your wife’s truck until your aren’t underwater on it and have some trade equity in it. And even then, it will most likely will be lower for being a ‘21 and that many miles. The upgrade bug is a real thing, but y’all should just be enjoying the truck until what I mentioned earlier happens.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bet you can get 2 to 3k more than the dealer offered. The used car market isnt what it used to be.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Holy crap, I paid $44k out the door cash for my base Sasquatch. Ordered and waited 51 weeks during Covid.

You’re in too deep, just keep it, besides, it’s beautiful.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

KBB

KBB lists the value of 39,434 to 45,323 for a Private Party sale, with an estimated price of 42,379 in zip code 75043.

This was based upon the information you provided and my best guess as to how your Bronco is configured.

Dealers are always going to lowball any offer provided.

Sponsored

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
KBB

KBB lists the value of 39,434 to 45,323 for a Private Party sale, with an estimated price of 42,379 in zip code 75043.

This was based upon the information you provided and my best guess as to how your Bronco is configured.

Dealers are always going to lowball any offer provided.
Hey, that’s my zip code 👨🏻‍💻 🤣

OP
OP
GrooviBronco

GrooviBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend Sas
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m with @TXBronco1313 on this one. That should be your wife’s truck until your aren’t underwater on it and have some trade equity in it. And even then, it will most likely will be lower for being a ‘21 and that many miles. The upgrade bug is a real thing, but y’all should just be enjoying the truck until what I mentioned earlier happens.
Yeah I definitely agree with you both. We’re looking to refinance in hopes we can lower that payment. Going to hold onto it until someone bites. Who knows

Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We’re looking to refinance in hopes we can lower that payment.

Don't do that, unless you really like putting the F&I guy's kids through college.

Keep it and drive it until your equity reverses. Or if current finances are pressing, and you don't need the extra vehicle, sell it now and keep paying down the 12K remaining principal. Far better to pay interest on the remaining 12K (and be car-less) than starting all over with front-loaded interest on a 43k nut.
Sponsored