Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We ran a pretty fun trail over the weekend with a few Broncos and a Jeep. It’s called Pistol Creek it’s a 18.5 mile loop in KY. It’s about a 60/40 split gravel/ creek bed trail. Had a blast with the group I was with here’s the video I made from the day. Onx track I did said it took us 5.5 hours to complete. I used a drone to get most of the footage off road. It worked awesome damn near too good. I would film us then land the drone on top of the bronco drive a little then take back off. lol it was really cool like our little robot camera man. I wasn’t using any anonymous flight modes all manual flights.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We ran a pretty fun trail over the weekend with a few Broncos and a Jeep. It’s called Pistol Creek it’s a 18.5 mile loop in KY. It’s about a 60/40 split gravel/ creek bed trail. Had a blast with the group I was with here’s the video I made from the day. Onx track I did said it took us 5.5 hours to complete. I used a drone to get most of the footage off road. It worked awesome damn near too good. I would film us then land the drone on top of the bronco drive a little then take back off. lol it was really cool like our little robot camera man. I wasn’t using any anonymous flight modes all manual flights.

Great footage! That looks like a fun trail.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looked like a fun time 🤠

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL another trail I now wana do that forces me to drive through IL! Looks like alot of fun! Great video production too!

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tell us about your drone etc.

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That trail looks like an absolute blast! Thanks for sharing..

OP
OP
Frankie945

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tell us about your drone etc.
I have several different fpv drones that I use but the one I used for this trip was a dji mini 4 pro. When I get off work I’ll post a couple unedited drone videos of this trip. The mini 4 does have some of the best obstacle avoidance I’ve seen yet on a dji drone. It also has some really good tracking but I don’t recommend engaging it unless you are in open spaces. I mainly use the drone to act like a floating tripod/camera. You can spotlight a vehicle or person and it will hover in one spot and track you but I would only use that if you can’t manually pan it yourself because it’ll loose lock and isn’t reliable.

Reactions: Dom

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Great video! Thanks for the share.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have several different fpv drones that I use but the one I used for this trip was a dji mini 4 pro. When I get off work I’ll post a couple unedited drone videos of this trip. The mini 4 does have some of the best obstacle avoidance I’ve seen yet on a dji drone. It also has some really good tracking but I don’t recommend engaging it unless you are in open spaces. I mainly use the drone to act like a floating tripod/camera. You can spotlight a vehicle or person and it will hover in one spot and track you but I would only use that if you can’t manually pan it yourself because it’ll loose lock and isn’t reliable.
I know almost zero about them and wondered how you could drive while operating a drone.

OP
OP
Frankie945

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know almost zero about them and wondered how you could drive while operating a drone.
I was flying with one hand I just picked one axis at a time. I’ve got a lot of experience in RC and been in the drone industry since the beginning. Last night I tried several times to get video to upload on here but no matter how small I made the video I kept getting an error.

Here is some raw footage I uploaded to my drive if anyone wants to see it. You can see me trying to force land the drone on top of the bronco. The avoidance on the drone kept working against me. I might make a future video with a tutorial on using a Mini 4 pro. Tips and tricks and things to look out for. Correct settings and all, because there is a lot to know if you want your drone to make out of the woods alive. Need to know what it can and can’t handle and fail safe settings for the environment you are in.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was flying with one hand I just picked one axis at a time. I’ve got a lot of experience in RC and been in the drone industry since the beginning. Last night I tried several times to get video to upload on here but no matter how small I made the video I kept getting an error.

Here is some raw footage I uploaded to my drive if anyone wants to see it. You can see me trying to force land the drone on top of the bronco. The avoidance on the drone kept working against me. I might make a future video with a tutorial on using a Mini 4 pro. Tips and tricks and things to look out for. Correct settings and all, because there is a lot to know if you want your drone to make out of the woods alive. Need to know what it can and can’t handle and fail safe settings for the environment you are in.

I believe if you did a thread with a tutorial, many on here could benefit from it. Most of us love footage of us doing stuff with our Broncos. For instance My wife risks hurting herself by getting out and filming me rock crawling. She could very well operate a drone from the cab instead. (Well sometimes she wants out for a particularly difficult obstacle anyway lol).
Sponsored