First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Again, Thank you so much for cleaning up procal fail!!!
Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Confirmed you can program the Ford Performance m-3200-wt the old fashion way with FDRS and Forscan. Beside the usual Ford FDRS crap of the servers being down then having to update my FDRS software.
1718407148356-2s.jpg
Did you use your vin or a WildTrak?

Savage

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Bronco, Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the HOSS 3.0 Steering Rack. Will the HOSS 2.0 tie rods inner and outer work as spares in case of a trailside repair? In other words, could I use the Tie Rods off of my original rack to get me home and put 3.0 Tie rods back on in the comfort home. Looking to save a few bucks especially since I had already bought spares for the 2.0 Rack.

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered the HOSS 3.0 Steering Rack. Will the HOSS 2.0 tie rods inner and outer work as spares in case of a trailside repair? In other words, could I use the Tie Rods off of my original rack to get me home and put 3.0 Tie rods back on in the comfort home. Looking to save a few bucks especially since I had already bought spares for the 2.0 Rack.
They will work just a different boot diameter. I used both on my 2.0 rack. No difference in length adjust the length if needed.

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well I broke my stock hoss 3.0 rack this weekend, popped the cap for the take up/support under the pinion.
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT IMG_0584
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT IMG_0568

I was working my way through a rock garden and had just gotten up a fairly nice sized pile of rocks, when I came off the top rock I had about a 1ft drop onto the driver tire (turned driver about half a rotation on the steering wheel or so) I didn't come down hard, didn't hit the bumps in the coilovers just a nice little bounce and then it popped, steering wheel spun 180* in my hand. About 30 minutes before this on the first trail of the day I had a service power steering message flash across the dash but it cleared about as fast as I could read it. I'm assuming it was going all morning and I hadn't realized it.

Took us quite a while to get it off the trail, the steering would catch and give me a couple turns before slipping again in either direction so I would just do baby turns. Got it turned around and luckily just had to go down 4 rocky sections back to a connector trail, aired my fronts back up to 30 psi and took a 2hr trail ride back up to the parking lot (took us 20 minutes to get down there)

I have been carrying my old hoss2 with me as a spare but had loaned it to a buddy to use long story short, he drove it down to me 6.5 hrs and I had the old one pretty much out when he got there. We swapped my old back in, hit a few trails on the DBBB (spaas creek and pumpkin hollow) and drove it home. I never want to swap one again laying on my back in a gravel/dirt parking lot when it's 90* out, it was not fun. Took about 4.5 hrs with water breaks often.

if your still reading lol, I lost the locking clip on the rear connector for the rack, does anyone happen to know a part number? I've got it working for now but the rear connector doesn't have anything to hold it in besides that clip. Here's a couple pictures I snagged of the trails that morning, I broke before 11 on the second trail of the day so there isn't many.

Big & little widowmaker for those familiar with Hollerwood
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT IMG_0550

Broke in front of this Sasquatch, how fitting lol

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT IMG_0560

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@builtMIbronco

good for you to swap in the hoss 2.0 in the parking lot. Sounds like a blast. that would have taken me 3 days.

Have you put a lot of hard miles on that rack?

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@builtMIbronco

good for you to swap in the hoss 2.0 in the parking lot. Sounds like a blast. that would have taken me 3 days.

Have you put a lot of hard miles on that rack?
Unfortunately I put it in last month lol one Windrock trip down trail 16, and a few trips to the local park on it. Nothing I wouldn't have done with the hose 2.0 and bushings, but it was just nicer with the little extra steering power.

Edit, actually just hit 2 months with it in, probably around 4k miles with the trips we have done.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bummer. You gonna do another hoss 3.0?

Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I broke my stock hoss 3.0 rack this weekend, popped the cap for the take up/support under the pinion.
IMG_0584.jpeg
IMG_0568.jpeg

I was working my way through a rock garden and had just gotten up a fairly nice sized pile of rocks, when I came off the top rock I had about a 1ft drop onto the driver tire (turned driver about half a rotation on the steering wheel or so) I didn't come down hard, didn't hit the bumps in the coilovers just a nice little bounce and then it popped, steering wheel spun 180* in my hand. About 30 minutes before this on the first trail of the day I had a service power steering message flash across the dash but it cleared about as fast as I could read it. I'm assuming it was going all morning and I hadn't realized it.

Took us quite a while to get it off the trail, the steering would catch and give me a couple turns before slipping again in either direction so I would just do baby turns. Got it turned around and luckily just had to go down 4 rocky sections back to a connector trail, aired my fronts back up to 30 psi and took a 2hr trail ride back up to the parking lot (took us 20 minutes to get down there)

I have been carrying my old hoss2 with me as a spare but had loaned it to a buddy to use long story short, he drove it down to me 6.5 hrs and I had the old one pretty much out when he got there. We swapped my old back in, hit a few trails on the DBBB (spaas creek and pumpkin hollow) and drove it home. I never want to swap one again laying on my back in a gravel/dirt parking lot when it's 90* out, it was not fun. Took about 4.5 hrs with water breaks often.

if your still reading lol, I lost the locking clip on the rear connector for the rack, does anyone happen to know a part number? I've got it working for now but the rear connector doesn't have anything to hold it in besides that clip. Here's a couple pictures I snagged of the trails that morning, I broke before 11 on the second trail of the day so there isn't many.

IMG_0550.jpeg

IMG_0560.jpeg
You’ve got more balls than me doing the big widow maker in a Bronco. I’d say that trail induced the damage to the rack then the little widow maker finished it off. Glad you got her fixed back up. Were you locked up in the front when it popped?

Last edited:

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bummer. You gonna do another hoss 3.0?
Yea but I have a billet housing for this one this time. Long term id like to come up with a way to use the billet rack as the manual link, ditch eps, and do a "hydro assist" style setup similiar to what some of the koh broncos have done but I'm also deep down questioning IFS and going much further the more I find myself playing in the rocks.. the bronco is just cooler than a jeep though.
You’ve got more balls than me doing the big widow maker in a Bronco. I’d say that trail induced the damage to the rack then the little widow maker finished it off. Glad you got her fixed back up.
Exactly what I think happened too, I don't recall binding it up much but where and how it broke just seemed way to easy compared to some of the stuff we had just done.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm also deep down questioning IFS and going much further the more I find myself playing in the rocks.. the bronco is just cooler than a jeep though.
yeah. For me the challenge is knowing when enough is enough and enjoying the Bronco IFS for what it does well. I’m sure I will get bashed for saying that.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT IMG_0560

I kept my 2.0 just in case. Don't want to do a trail side swap, but it's nice knowing I've got it on hand if needed.
Sponsored