Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Add in the cost of the dealer doing the install and this is as I said, terrible cost to performance. You’re better off using one of those piggy back tuners that plug in under the hood. They are 100% reversible and leave no trace in the PCM that anything was modified. You’ll get more power from those as well.
The piggyback modules work very well. However there's a bunch of stuff that they aren't capable of that the full flash addresses.
- Auto start/stop disable
- Shift points / transmission tuning
- Ability to adjust for tire size / axle ratio changes
Sponsored

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The piggyback modules work very well. However there's a bunch of stuff that they aren't capable of that the full flash addresses.
- Auto start/stop disable
- Shift points / transmission tuning
- Ability to adjust for tire size / axle ratio changes
Forscan can do two of three of those for free.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FYI - per Ford Performance this morning, should you ever utilize gas with an octane rating less than 91, you void the FPP warranty.
Is that verbal or in writing?

This seems totally unnecessary and harsh.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that verbal or in writing?

This seems totally unnecessary and harsh.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf

Premium Fuel Requirement: Customers who purchase power upgrade packs, cold air kits with calibration, engine calibrations, or superchargers are required to use 91-octane or higher (“premium”) fuels at all times. Any failures associated with the non-use of premium fuel will be ineligible for warranty repair.

PnwBraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What if you purchased the 100K warranty from Ford. Is it still only covered for the 36K?

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

]
FYI - per Ford Performance this morning, should you ever utilize gas with an octane rating less than 91, you void the FPP warranty. So in a situation in which premium unleaded is unavailable, you had better be carrying a Jerry Can full of premium fuel.
Or just a couple cans of octane booster.

Bcar

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 M Coupe, '24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Running anything besides premium fuel on a boosted or high compression engine is silly anyway. You’re leaving hp on the table and requiring the computer to back off timing when spark knock is detected. AFTER spark knock is detected means it did happen, if only for a second which is too much as far as I’m concerned. And premium usually has other additives which help keep away carbon deposits which creat hot spots and promote spark knock. Just not worth the dollar savings to me on a vehicle I plan to keep forever and would like the performance to not decline as it ages.
Depends.
When it's hot in the summer, we plan to go wheelin in the dunes where we want more power, or 93 happens to be cheap, we get it.
When it's colder, we're road tripping, my wife just tooling around town, 93 is $2/gal more, we tend to use lower octane.

RE: the warranty. Not sure how ford could prove the failure was the result of a lower octane. Are they going to drain/test the tank? I think we've all experienced huge fluctuations in performance/mileage due to fuel quality.

While I think the ECU does adjust for knock/octane/timing near instantaneously, I think it also has a running average/trend it adjusts to. I notice it when I go from 87 to 93 and back (no tune yet).

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Depends.
When it's hot in the summer, we plan to go wheelin in the dunes where we want more power, or 93 happens to be cheap, we get it.
When it's colder, we're road tripping, my wife just tooling around town, 93 is $2/gal more, we tend to use lower octane.

RE: the warranty. Not sure how ford could prove the failure was the result of a lower octane. Are they going to drain/test the tank? I think we've all experienced huge fluctuations in performance/mileage due to fuel quality.

While I think the ECU does adjust for knock/octane/timing near instantaneously, I think it also has a running average/trend it adjusts to. I notice it when I go from 87 to 93 and back (no tune yet).
Thank goodness our premium fuel prices here are better than many states, so I guess I’m somewhat spoiled in that respect.

Yes supposedly the ECU does learn both typical fuel octane and driving habits. When I picked up our ‘24 the dealership had just filled it with 87😐. A tuner member here suggested I run it till near empty then filling with premium and unhooking the battery over night would somehow get the computer to learn my fuel and driving habits quicker.

CoastieN70

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed. I’m not disputing that. But I am saying that it’s going to limit spark if you don’t run 91/93. But it will still run and drive just fine.
The tune is specific to 91/93 octane. Running lesser octane WILL cause valve damage.
I have run tunes in 3 different Fords and was told this by the companies that provided the tunes...
I was also told that in a "pinch" 87 octane could be used, as in you run out of gas and triple A delivers you 87 octane BUT keep your foot under control until you get a full 91/93 octane fill...

Sponsored

Bcar

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 M Coupe, '24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
The tune is specific to 91/93 octane. Running lesser octane WILL cause valve damage.
I have run tunes in 3 different Fords and was told this by the companies that provided the tunes...
I was also told that in a "pinch" 87 octane could be used, as in you run out of gas and triple A delivers you 87 octane BUT keep your foot under control until you get a full 91/93 octane fill...
Knock/pre ignition is the potential problem. I'm guessing the ecu will still pull timing if it's happening? and doesn't knock have the potential to F your pistons first? What's the issue w the valves? Not arguing, asking. Thanks.

CoastieN70

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There's no separate calibration for different octane levels. The calibration will work with 87 and 89 however you won't see the advertised performance gains when running those fuel types. Once you put higher octane in the vehicle will adjust the timing tables on it's own and you'll then see the full power benefits from the calibration.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
Really!?! I ran Livernois tunes in my 2015 Explorer Sport, 2017 Explorer Sport 2019 Ranger and 2020 Explorer ST.
They specifically warned against using 87/89 octane except in an emergency, like if you ran out of gas and Triple A delivered 87 octane. In such situations they advised to keep out of boost as much as possible until you got a refill of 91/93 or valve damage might occur.
Thanks for the info on your tune, you will see my order shortly...

CoastieN70

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Knock/pre ignition is the potential problem. I'm guessing the ecu will still pull timing if it's happening? and doesn't knock have the potential to F your pistons first? What's the issue w the valves? Not arguing, asking. Thanks.
I said valves when I really meant pistons. Whoops!

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No it absolutely will not. Who the hell told you that lol?? You’ll be knock limited and you won’t get all the timing that is available from the knock add table. Lol where do you people come up with this shit? I swear these forums are just toilets of misinformation. You show me exactly where it’s stated that you’ll have valve damage if you aren’t using premium. Show me.
Sponsored