BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed but apparently the transmission shift schedule and throttle response adjustments are paramount to the lackluster power increases.
Just add sport mode. It’s unreal good. I added it to my badlands with forscan. What a massive difference.
Sponsored

Reactions: 0ne

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just add sport mode. It’s unreal good. I added it to my badlands with forscan. What a massive difference.
Facts! My argument as well, base model includes sport mode somehow. I don’t have the tune on my 2.7 mainly because octane levels are max 91 and unreliable where I am.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Facts! My argument as well, base model includes sport mode somehow. I don’t have the tune on my 2.7 mainly because octane levels are max 91 and unreliable where I am.
For months I wanted this but now idk, I added sport mode to my badlands 2.7 and with 93 gas being roughly 10 cents a gallon more than diesel fuel (PA has a ridiculous road tax on diesel) I just don’t think it’s worth it especially when I’m only getting 15mpg running 89oct @ $3.89, 93oct last I looked was $4.69 just for reference diesel is $4.59 (this matters to me because my primary truck is a 6.7 powerstroke)

BRONCO_MARC

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did the equivalent tune on my 2019 Ranger Lariat. I do not know much (or care) about the specific numbers, but I am very pleased with the "seat of the pants" improvements in terms of surer shifting and the increased power that it gives you. You can immediately feel the difference, especially when going up hills. You need to use higher-octane gasoline, which is slightly more expensive but worth it to me. I will get the calibration done for my Bronco when it arrives in the fall...

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Im new at this - is this a DIY calibration, just plug in the device? Looking the charts, they compare before calibration with 87 octane gas and after calibration with 93 octane. The difference isnt that much, even with the better gas. Why not compare apples to apples and use the gasoline??

Sponsored

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For months I wanted this but now idk, I added sport mode to my badlands 2.7 and with 93 gas being roughly 10 cents a gallon more than diesel fuel (PA has a ridiculous road tax on diesel) I just don’t think it’s worth it especially when I’m only getting 15mpg running 89oct @ $3.89, 93oct last I looked was $4.69 just for reference diesel is $4.59 (this matters to me because my primary truck is a 6.7 powerstroke)
how did you add sport mode, with forescan? I wanted to add to my FE but was worried it would void the warranty and potentially mess up the software - any issues from your side?

Bcar

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 M Coupe, '24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I thought that the perf call will compensate for octane, but that you won't get full potential without running 93oct?

Plan to get one for our 2.3. Best hp+tq / $ while keeping warranty.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
how did you add sport mode, with forescan? I wanted to add to my FE but was worried it would void the warranty and potentially mess up the software - any issues from your side?
Yeah forscan, I added sport mode killed double honk and the annoying seat belt chime that never ends wanted to lower the obnoxious turn signal noise but couldn’t find it on the 24 no issues so far it’s been a couple months

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah forscan, I added sport mode killed double honk and the annoying seat belt chime that never ends wanted to lower the obnoxious turn signal noise but couldn’t find it on the 24 no issues so far it’s been a couple months
nice - thx man!

Sponsored

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought that the perf call will compensate for octane, but that you won't get full potential without running 93oct?
There is nothing that indicates it compensates for octane.

In the product description, it states "Premium fuel required".

"Premium Fuel" octane varies per location and altitude.

BRONCO_MARC

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im new at this - is this a DIY calibration, just plug in the device? Looking the charts, they compare before calibration with 87 octane gas and after calibration with 93 octane. The difference isnt that much, even with the better gas. Why not compare apples to apples and use the gasoline??
Hey, Johnny, it is simple enough to DIY, but you must have a Ford technician or approved shop do it to keep the warranty intact. I agree that the "difference isn't that much," but it is enough improvement to make a difference IMHO.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Well all factory Bronco PCMs adjust for octance and there is no reason whatsoever Ford would remove this essential feature from this tune. I bet it will run just fine on anything 87-95+ with corresponding performance differences.

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

"Premium Fuel" octane varies per location and altitude.
I can assure you with personal experience that most newer ford vehicles including the Bronco that use factory wide bands and have knock sensors will indeed compensate for changes in octane. There are literally hundreds of spark tables for every engine scenario that have a range of spark values vs air load. Trust me if you use 91/93 you are going to get the most from your Bronco in most scenarios. These are absolute facts.
Sponsored