Sponsored

Ford extended warranty -- Is it worth it?

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone bought Fords extended warranty? Is it worth it? They are selling me the one for 84 months at 68 a dollars a month. Is the warranty worth it for anyone that’s used it before?
Can you purchase at a later time?
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not worth it at the cost your dealer is selling it for...
Yes, it can be purchased later (but price increases with mileage and time)
Try Granger or Flood Ford. Both sell the exact same Ford product as your dealer but for way cheaper (they also have an online quote tool you can use).

Djd7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

lots of threads on this if you search.. but:

prices vary by dealer and are negotiable. price is dependent on number of years and miles of coverage.

yes, can purchase later (price goes up $100 after 12K miles or 1 year). can purchase Ford Protect from any dealer. you do not have to purchase the warranty from the dealer you buy the vehicle from. folks here like floodford and granger who offer it competitively just above their cost.

ultimately your call on whether you buy one or not, just don't get ripped by the dealer. typically they try to make large margins on these types of F&I products.

recommend you compare total cost vs. monthly financed cost.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
All extended warranties are third party underwritten including “Ford Protect” so hoops will have to be jumped through for any claim but just one approved major repair pays for it.

Sponsored

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got a 7 year extended warranty on my bronco for the price of a 5 year by talking to the finance guy about sneakers for a while... 🤷‍♂️

Reason I bought an extended warranty is because the last 12-14 cars I had were used/no warranty and the miscellaneous bs repairs drove me nuts. Especially the E46 M3 I had right before the Bronco. That damn car went from one check engine light to another.

• Love
Reactions: 0ne

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone bought Fords extended warranty? Is it worth it? They are selling me the one for 84 months at 68 a dollars a month. Is the warranty worth it for anyone that’s used it before?
Can you purchase at a later time?
Go for the ESP but buy it from another dealer, that's expensive.
Sponsored