Sponsored

Does it make sense to get extended warranty for 125K @ 8 years?

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am planning to keep my Bronco. Does it make sense to get extended warranty for 125K @8 years? Planning to put lots of miles since everyone enjoys driving it.

Will most of the issues come up after 100K miles needing to go up to 125K warranty?
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did 8 year 100K $50 deductible. I have a work truck and won’t put many miles on until the wife’s Tacoma lease is up and she takes it over as a daily driver. issues can and will happen, my coworker’s Jeep had a non repairable electrical problem that began at 115K miles, she spent $5K on repairs that didn’t fix it and ended up trading it in broken for pennies on the dollar. If I planned on driving a lot I’d go big mileage wise on the warranty just in case.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Whatever you choose, just don't pay fill price from the dealer. Buy from Granger or Flood or one of the others that sell close to cost. You can buy it any time before your warranty is up.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not a fan of extended warranties, unnecessary insurance (travel, electronic device insurance, etc). Nock on wood that I won’t ever regret it but so far I’m way ahead. Health insurance is a different story since not having that could bankrupt most people. The other stuff would be a short term financial inconvenience.

I worked in manufacturing for a long time (28 years) and we built electronic gaming (slot) and lottery machines (largest manufacturer in the world of both). As a VP who oversaw most aspects, including test engineering, our data showed if electronics were going to fail they usually did so within the early part of the product’s life (less than a year). These products get used and abused 24/7 and most had a 10-12 year life. With ESD controls, Six Sigma, and other common practices in modern manufacturing most electronic devices are well protected during build and assembly so failure isn’t nearly as common as it was a few years ago.

All that said, if it’s worth it to you then for sure get a plan you’re comfortable with.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Whatever you choose, just don't pay fill price from the dealer. Buy from Granger or Flood or one of the others that sell close to cost. You can buy it any time before your warranty is up.
Agreed, if you are going to buy it. Get it from Granger at $50 over cost.

it’s basically insurance. You may never use it and hopefully you won’t have too. They don’t offer it expecting to lose money but shit happens so……

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First year vehicle for my 2021 with a first year manual transmission. I could afford any repairs that come up, but the warranty seems like appropriate insurance to limit my potential costs.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not a fan of extended warranties, unnecessary insurance (travel, electronic device insurance, etc). Nock on wood that I won’t ever regret it but so far I’m way ahead. Health insurance is a different story since not having that could bankrupt most people. The other stuff would be a short term financial inconvenience.

I worked in manufacturing for a long time (28 years) and we built electronic gaming (slot) and lottery machines (largest manufacturer in the world of both). As a VP who oversaw most aspects, including test engineering, our data showed if electronics were going to fail they usually did so within the early part of the product’s life (less than a year). These products get used and abused 24/7 and most had a 10-12 year life. With ESD controls, Six Sigma, and other common practices in modern manufacturing most electronic devices are well protected during build and assembly so failure isn’t nearly as common as it was a few years ago.

All that said, if it’s worth it to you then for sure get a plan you’re comfortable with.
One or two uses and it will pay for itself… assuming you keep it the length of the warranty

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am planning to keep my Bronco. Does it make sense to get extended warranty for 125K @8 years? Planning to put lots of miles since everyone enjoys driving it.

Will most of the issues come up after 100K miles needing to go up to 125K warranty?
Well, I am at 52k miles with 0 warranty issues to date.

I have 6 year/150k

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have 8/125k. Even if I have just one major claim, it will more than pay for itself. Plus, now it’s paid for as opposed to having to come up with 2,3, or 4k dollars if I didn’t have the warranty.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've only bought one... And am glad I did. The trouble is that now everything is a computer module, costing thousands and not repairable. Just one failure will pay for that warranty.

OP
OP
BroncoOB

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Planning to cancel my 6 years 100K dealer version (costed me $3200) and going with Ford ESP, 8 years 125K . Bronco is a keeper.

OP
OP
BroncoOB

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
lessons learned paid $3200 at the dealer 6 yrs, 100K. About to cancel, will lose $450 but will go after Flood 8 yrs 125K even price at the end. Didn't know about Flood, wish I did...

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Make sure you are clearly aware of what the warranty covers. Many extended warranties don't cover the really problematic areas of the Bronco like the hard top.
Also know that the dealer will go out of it's way to void the warranty due to modifications, are you sure you will keep your Bronco stock for 8 years?
Sponsored