Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
1000072956.png

they would not cover the Hard Top. I am curious to know what the bronco community thinks of this price for the extended warranty. is it worth the extra money? appreciate the feedback. TIA.
Think about how you use your car. If you drive in tough conditions that could cause more wear and tear, an extended warranty might be worth it.
Sponsored

AreUgettingEnufCaffeine

Big Bend
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No.. price too high, probably what breaks on mine would be an "exclusion". I'd just put the monthly fee amount in a savings account for repairs.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought mine from Granger, same as my Bronco.

My extended warranty was $2K less at Granger than the price I was quoted by my local dealer. It is a legit Ford product, not a Granger-specific product. It even shows up on my Ford app on my phone. It is tied to your VIN number.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think about how you use your car. If you drive in tough conditions that could cause more wear and tear, an extended warranty might be worth it.
Wear and tear isn't usually covered, I thought? šŸ¤”

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The finance guy ALWAYS brags to you how ā€œWe donā€™t really make any money on this. we price ESP at $100 over our cost. Itā€™s the best deal you can find.ā€.

And they are ALWAYS lying. Typically they are around double what you will pay if you shop around.

I bought mine at Grainger. Already looked up the price before I picked up the Bronco so when the finance guy started that crap I just told him, ā€œpassā€.

Saved me around two grand and Iā€™m sure a few sleepless nights worrying
My dealership experience was the same. My wife and I asked him point blank that we wouldn't walk out the door and find out we could get coverage for significantly less elsewhere, right, and he said no. Before we paid anything we came to this forum, saw Granger's price, and told the guy to beat it. The finance guy's cost was far, far more.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Basically what one is doing with an extended warranty is placing a bet. I purchased the warranty on my 2011 F 150. Never used it. Purchased the warranty on my 2018 Mustang GT. Paid dividends as the oil pan required a replacement at 95K miles. And if you ever get a chance to see what was listed on the invoice in order to remove and install an oil pan on a Coyote V8, you immediately understand the warranty was worth every penny.If one has discipline financially they can place the cost of the warranty into a bank account or CD and wait to see if a repair occurs. True, the repair cost could very easily exceed the designated funds, but that is why it is a gamble. You win some, you lose some, and some get rained out.

ohp138

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IMO, yes. it's worth it. I had one for my 2018 Chev Colorado ZR2 and ended up with a significant engine issue that would've cost me $6500., but was covered under my extended warrant. I guess it really comes down to how risk tolerant/averse you are as an owner. Most all new vehicles are integrated with computers making it more and more difficult for the average person to repair at home. For our Bronco, I purchased mine through Granger and it gives me peace of mind.

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My deal tried to offer a local "dealer group" owned by the same people at the top, could only get repaired under that at one of their lots. Didn't mention that until I asked if it was a ford plan, of course.

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can only attest to my experience, but it was well worth it buying an extended warranty through Granger. I had a window regulator and a defective turbo replaced under warranty on my Bronco.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got a free 75,000 from the dealer I bought my new '22 from. Sadly, I wasn't told till after I added the tune, that it voided my extended warranty. To those thinking about getting one, just a heads up.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everyone else has said it, but I'll say it too. STOP, they are trying to rip you a new one. I have never bought an extended warranty from anyone on any car I've owned, probably 20. That said I did buy the ESP from Granger for both my 21 Bronco and 23 Explorer for $1700 each, If one thing fails in the 5 years after bumper to bumper I'll come out ahead.

Squirrel13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I never used to buy ESP but started with the last 3 vehicles.
2013 Subaru Outback - 100k miles not a single problem.
2018 Subaru Forester XT - 60k miles upper oil pan leak. $60 seal $3k labor to remove engine to get at the seal.
2020 F350 6.7 - 40k miles - bad APIM module
With all these damn modules and components shoe horned in small spaces I will continue getting ESP.
Soon as I het a VIN for my 24 Bronco Iā€™ll price the ESP from Grainger so I can have my dealer match it

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Down side of the extended warranties, seems like items such as the hardtop are not covered? I'm more concerned about that cracking and having an uncovered 5k replacement bill than anything else. At least read the fine print of what all is covered by the various ext warranty options.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer offered me a 7yr/85k warranty for $2800. Didnā€™t push it or try to talk me into it, offered it and I passed and we moved on. I knew as I was sitting there I was going to pick up one from granger. I picked up the 9yr/100k premium care warranty for a lot less and with far better time/mile coverage than the dealers offering.

Being that Ford bought my 2023 bronco back a month after I bought it, I picked up the warranty as a ā€œ just in caseā€ and more so for piece of mind.

srt8gofast

Raptor
First Name
Baum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee SRT, 24 BRaptor ordered Jan26
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Does purchasing the ESP earn you Fordpass Reward points for purchasing the plan?
Sponsored