Sponsored

Built Ford Tough? What a joke! Shocks that rust out...

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like our routine maintenance ought to include spraying the shocks with Boeshield or something every so often.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like the issue is with a dumbass service tech/manager and not with Ford. Sure, worn out shocks are considered wear and tear but that is clearly part failure which is covered under the bumper to bumper warranty.

However, since you already paid the dealer to replace all 4 you are going to have a tough time getting your money back. And since you already escalated the issue to Ford the dealer can play dumb and say it is out of their hands. But they at least owe you the cost of parts and labor to replace the bad shock.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bilstein is a great shock. I have had them on multiple vehicles, never an issue. I suspect the vehicle was driven on heavily salted roads at one time or another and salt got trapped in between the reservoir and the shock. Ford may have test driven the vehicle on salty roads even. I know they did mine - a Jan 2022 build in winter. When I got it , it had salt underneath that I had to wipe off the undercarriage as I was worried about all that salt residue rusting in the humid climate down here in FL.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with those that said you'd be better off going aftermarket but that ship has sailed and at best that advice helps the next guy that reads it. Regardless this should have been covered.

The Bronco is not a car.
Not this again. Beside the fact that the statement is unhelpful, the Bronco meets the definition of a car perfectly.

Screenshot_20231108-063621.png

Screenshot_20231108-063658.png

Joe Hillman

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Grand Cherokee, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shocks are considered a wear item ( technically an heavy wear item) and not covered by most automotive manufactures. There is a few extended warranties that do cover shocks though. Another option would possibly have been to see what the shock manufacturer Warrantee was.

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Personally I would have gone aftermarket to replace them.

The factory SAS shocks are cheap. Based on Bilstein 4600s, which are budget shocks.

Bilstein is an excellent brand. I run them on my Bronco, my Corvette, my 911 and other vehicles in the past.
WoUlDn’T wAnT tO iNsTaLl An AfTeR mArKeT pArT aNd HaVe FoRd NoT hOnOr YoUr WaRrEnTy ….. oh wait.

Sponsored

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same thing happen to my badlands, dealer replaced it with no questions asked. Although I wanted both rear ones done they would only do the bad one.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We need more info from the OP. He say he has one of the first Bronco’s ever made, so a very good chance he is well over 36K miles.

Plus he lives in an area that uses salt on the roads. Reminder to see the B6G thread from Zach at Granger about the screaming deal on extended warranty if purchased in November.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with those that said you'd be better off going aftermarket but that ship has sailed and at best that advice helps the next guy that reads it. Regardless this should have been covered.

Not this again. Beside the fact that the statement is unhelpful, the Bronco meets the definition of a car perfectly.

Ford Bronco Built Ford Tough? What a joke! Shocks that rust out... Screenshot_20231108-063658

Ford Bronco Built Ford Tough? What a joke! Shocks that rust out... Screenshot_20231108-063658
Unless you drive a moar door - Then you drive a van, right?

Neigh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reminder to see the B6G thread from Zach at Granger about the screaming deal on extended warranty if purchased in November.
$30 off a $2,000 purchase is nowhere near a screaming deal.