Psny

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, F two fiddy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Been having some bad luck with them lately, passenger side camera went out on the Bronco, transmission in the super duty, timing chain in the eco boost, water pump in the explorer, & was in the process of buying another explorer and the hold was put on for 360 camera. Not to mention the inconvenient recalls & tsb's but the worst part is there customer service. One could over look most of this if they took care of their loyal customers instead of pushing responsibility to the dealer. Rant over, any other brand recommendations.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rant over, any other brand recommendations.
Nope. No problems with either Bronco. The F150 has 150k+ miles and the F250 has 250k+ miles. Sorry about your string of bad luck but all auto manufacturers have problems.

Really sorry if you Explorer is a 3.5 (non-Ecoboost). I had to replace the water pump on our old Flex with the same motor and it requires tearing down the top and front of the motor. What engineer thought it was a good idea to drive a water pump off a timing chain obviously never held a wrench.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I consider myself fortunate. Fords all my life ( 16-63) and never any issues. Knock on wood. I keep vehicles forever. In fact, back in the day when the Firestone tires on the Explorers were failing and Ford replaced all the tires I was taken care of by Ford. I had an F 150 that came with Firestones. The original set was replaced by me with another set of larger Firestones once the originals lived their life. Ford sent me recall notices for the Firestone tires. I ignored them since the tires on my truck were purchased by me and since they were a different size from the factory Ford would realize they were not bound to replace them. After multiple recall letters I received a phone call from a Ford rep. They wanted to know why I had not responded to the tire recall. I explained the Firestones currently on my truck were not the factory installed tires. The Ford rep replied “ We appreciate you telling us these current tires are not the factory installed tires, however we would really, really, really appreciate it if you allowed us to replace those Firestones anyway”. They installed a set of Michelins ( my choice) . I am a customer for life.

OP
OP
Psny

Psny

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, F two fiddy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope. No problems with either Bronco. The F150 has 150k+ miles and the F250 has 250k+ miles. Sorry about your string of bad luck but all auto manufacturers have problems.

Really sorry if you Explorer is a 3.5 (non-Ecoboost). I had to replace the water pump on our old Flex with the same motor and it requires tearing down the top and front of the motor. What engineer thought it was a good idea to drive a water pump off a timing chain obviously never held a wrench.
F150 threw chain @ 70K same with water pump in explorer it was the 3.5, terrible design. The 10 speed in super duty didnt even make 50K. I get they all have issues but the way they deal with them is the problem, I've reached out about 3 times and get blown off.

Sponsored

graham5david

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Toyota. I have owned many and never had to do much more than preventative maintenance. Still own an 06 tundra and it runs perfectly with 250k. I have had good luck with Ford as well. Bronco is my first ecoboost. So far I love it. Had a 2020 ram rebel and to be honest it was the best truck I have ever owned. But didn't have it long enough to really determine how reliable it was. I have never had a diesel that didn't give me problems. So basically I stick with toyota, ford, and maybe a ram truck if it has a 5.7. Toyota would be my first option because they seem to maintain their value like crazy

Art Bell

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To be totally honest this isn't just a Ford problem or just a vehicle problem it's everywhere. People these days just don't take any pride in what they do anymore.
Could also be a generational problem. And why should the younger generation care that much. 33-Trillion$ of debt and screaming higher every minute. We're borrow/spending them into oblivion

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am a Chevy man. My 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 is still running strong with 354,000 miles. But Chevy doesn’t have anything that compares to the Bronco. I have owned a couple of Fords before, and have some concerns. But since the Bronco will not be my daily driver, I rationalize that I would give Ford another try.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only true issue I had with Ford was when my 17Gt350 let go. Put a hole in the side of the block the size of a 50 cent piece. When the dealer service tried to screw me over, Ford stepped in and made it right. Received the new updated voodoo engine, and did not look back.

My Gt500 or Bronco or Bronco sport has had no issues. Well, the BS did need its battery switched out.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Toyota. Start with a far better build quality and you won't have so many problems.

Downside to Toyota is that they are resistant to change, which leans into better reliability but makes their vehicles feel outdated.

I'm still a Ford guy but I have to admit that Ford has never built anything as well made as the 4Runner we had. It's not even close.

Sponsored

Coastalcop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m enjoying my ford so far. Owned several and had a few issues. If I had to buy a long term has to work vehicle , it would be a Toyota/Lexus with Lexus though you will lose amenity electronics over time if you don’t keep up with maint.

I bought a 99 LX470 as a hunt camp rig a couple of years ago, had about 100k on . Everything worked including the auto lift suspension and the switch feel was top notch. Was a few k less than a comparable series 100 Land Cruiser . Purred like a kitten. Reset the lift sensors and gained 1.5 inches in “normal” mode, and drove the heck out of it. Sold it on exped overland to a guy from Colorado when I decided I wanted build an overland popup rig. He flew in from Colorado, and I met him at the airport and gave him the keys. Drove back to Colorado without a hiccup and last I heard it had the full ARB bumper/winch/ overland treatment.

My XOs 2019 LX570, is running like a top, bought it certified preowned and extended the warranty an additional 8 years from our purchase date ( unlimited miles). Because the new LX is a hybrid and I will take the mpg hot to avoid the hybrid. Warranty cost was about 1.5 times what my ford one was. I made an appt. For service and met the service rep, just a general check and oil change. Rep said it will be about 2 hours, you can wait in the waiting room ( very nice) or we can give you a loaner. This has been my experience every time I have taken her Lexus’s, for service ( she tells me the same thing). I don’t expect that level of service from Ford. Though my local ford service department did do me a solid when my father in laws f-250 DEF system decided to go haywire. That fix was more expensive than a delete, unfortunately his home state has visual inspection.
Lexus service cost is higher than ford ( figure 200 bucks min when you walk in) but they are never pu

I really like my bronco, and hope to drive it for a LONG time, but I don’t expect Toyota/Lexus service reliability from ford.

Last edited:

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Luck of the draw, IMO. All manufacturers have problems / issues. Just depends on the unit you pick. One guy can pick a gem, one guy can pick a lemon. It sucks, but it happens.
I agree. All manufactures have their issues. Sometimes service is great & sometimes it's not regardless of brand. People will tend to stick with what has been good for them and avoid brands they had bad experiences with 🤠 .

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honda had always treated me very well, they are VERY customer focused. Everything from build quality to reliability to service has always been excellent.

Extremely efficient, I really can't say enough good things about Honda, plus built in Ohio at the Marysville plant..

BUT, lacks driver excitement. Just kinda bland. Dependably boring.

Fords are opposite. They are fun. So much enjoyable that you want them to always work(remember ford tough?).
Fit and finish are not great, dependability is questionable, and basically forget about service(pray you never need it, at least in Columbus).

If it isn't fun, get rid of it. I'm keeping mine
Sponsored