Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I did like kind of like Dover157, although I made my own relay box.... I can use any one of the aux switches for anything I want... I just run heavy gage wire where I need it straight from the new relay box. I have all the aux switches wired up to the relays and leads marked as to which switch they are controlled by.

very safely running a 25 amp load on aux 6... using 12 gage wire.
Sponsored

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did like kind of like Dover157, although I made my own relay box.... I can use any one of the aux switches for anything I want... I just run heavy gage wire where I need it straight from the new relay box. I have all the aux switches wired up to the relays and leads marked as to which switch they are controlled by.

very safely running a 25 amp load on aux 6... using 12 gage wire.
I thought of doing something like that but when I found the box from RC my inner laziness won :ROFLMAO:

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Last edited:

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So- If I am reading that table correctly, Aux1 & Aux2 have higher load capacity as they are using the 1.5mm wire, but Aux2 is fused at 15A. Since they have the same wire and same switch, Aux2 could simply benefit from a fuse change to 30A... is that correct?

Also- all 'Non-Powered' circuits are designed to support the 30A load as they are prewired with the same 1.5mm wire?

Is there any other literature from Ford indicating the maximum load rating of these circuits in use- or is that their position as stated in the table?

Before I get totally flamed- the Relay option is the best way to power lights and other high load circuits, but does require more effort to run wires to the desired locations...

Ford Bronco AUX Switch Amperage - Increase? IMG_6113

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So- If I am reading that table correctly, Aux1 & Aux2 have higher load capacity as they are using the 1.5mm wire, but Aux2 is fused at 15A. Since they have the same wire and same switch, Aux2 could simply benefit from a fuse change to 30A... is that correct?

Also- all 'Non-Powered' circuits are designed to support the 30A load as they are prewired with the same 1.5mm wire?

Is there any other literature from Ford indicating the maximum load rating of these circuits in use- or is that their position as stated in the table?

Before I get totally flamed- the Relay option is the best way to power lights and other high load circuits, but does require more effort to run wires to the desired locations...

IMG_6113.png
I’m assuming Ford did their litigation homework to determine they’re protected but running anywhere close to 30 amps on any more than a couple feet of 16awg wire (~1.5mm) seems sketchy.

Even though all of the stuff I’m running via the switches are within the stated amperage I still have a few of the switches run to an additional relay and heavy duty wiring

Sponsored
OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I installed the Rough country MLC 6. Makes all 6 switches 30amp with double relay and fuse protection. Also makes installing and changing what’s on each switch a breeze.
NICE! That's DEF gonna be an option down the road :) Thanks everyone so far for your HELP!!!! Great Stuff!!!!! :)

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is crazy ford gives ya switches and wiring that do not have the capacity to power many devices we want/need to hook up…the prerun wires are almost useless because they are so small…end of rant…
Weak rant.

Upfitters will run any lights and most accessories you want.

Are you pissy because they won't run your winch?

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Weak rant.

Upfitters will run any lights and most accessories you want.

Are you pissy because they won't run your winch?
Actually I am having problems with the stock fog circuit powering DD fogs, they keep cycling on and off like tripping a breaker…may have to add a relay with real power and proper wires…like I did with all my other lights…and no the aux circuits would not safely power my Daylighters either…leave alone the serious light bars out there…

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Actually I am having problems with the stock fog circuit powering DD fogs, they keep cycling on and off like tripping a breaker…may have to add a relay with real power and proper wires…like I did with all my other lights…and no the aux circuits would not safely power my Daylighters either…leave alone the serious light bars out there…
I thought the KC Pro6 Gravity LEDs were 1.78a each... with a 50" being 8 lights, a lightbar would only require ~14.3a at full load... Seems like either of the first two aux switches 'should' be able to handle that for a KC lightbar.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stock fog light circuit ins't the same as the aux switches.

How many Daylighters were you running on a single switch? What are the lights rated at?

Sponsored

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU, Roush 2 Mustang, Triumph T-Bird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I installed the Rough country MLC 6. Makes all 6 switches 30amp with double relay and fuse protection. Also makes installing and changing what’s on each switch a breeze.
Nice. I really like the idea of replacing the stock relay box with something like this. But I would just want to use my upfitter switches to turn on the relays and use heavier gauge wire from the MLC-6 out to my accessories, instead of using the Bronco's smaller gauge pre-run wiring. I'm not really happy about running 20-30A through 18AWG.

Also, did you have any hood clearance issues with the MLC-6?

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also, did you have any hood clearance issues with the MLC-6?
Yes there are some fitment isssues. Without the battery hold down it fits fine but the added thickness of that bracket under it makes it about 1/4” too tall. Have my hood stops up higher enough for the hood to be flush with the fenders and there is still some rubbing. I modified the shape of the MLC cover with a hammer on the end closest to the grill and it took care of most of it. I suspect they removed the battery hold down for their R&D but I was not comfortable running an off road vehicle with the battery bouncing around. Overall I like the product though and don’t regret buying it.
Sponsored