Sponsored

Auto Start/Stop Disable Install - What The??

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
please let us know over the next few weeks if you notice any window abnormalities. I suspect the reason the more expensive eliminator is behind the from panel is because it isolates the ASS switch vs the footwell one probably having multiple wires flowing through it.

the multiple wires is probably why some report window issues as there might be interference.

but I’m curious
Not quite sure what your speculation is here... More pass through wires in the foot well unit and if they are intermittent or faulty then you get window problems? I will certainly update if any issues.
Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also bought the $45 Amazon solution, the one that requires no panels to be pulled.

Installed it today. I won’t lie, the installation was a female dog…lots of sweating and cursing to get the unit plugged into the slot that is hidden away on the far left of the driver footwell. You’re working blind, and it isn’t easy. But once I got the final “click” of the unit attaching as it should, all was forgiven.

it works flawlessly, remembering the last ASS button position pressed. No issue with the power windows, and they still open via remote, etc.

Very happy with this mod.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I happened to have this particular radio/volume/tune controller in my garage. I had my dash apart for a different project, so I decided to plug this controller in to test its functionality in my bronco. To my surprise, all buttons were completely functional. Note: the top middle button is a radio source quick select button, and not the Auto/Start-Stop that normally comes in the bronco. Without that button, the auto start stop no longer exists on my bronco. This panel is identical to the one in my 2022 F150 Raptor where Auto Start Stop was deleted by the factory due to chip shortages. All I need to do was swap over the bronco knobs, as they were the aluminum look knobs out of the f150. That took a total of 5 minutes.

EDIT…I am an idiot!!! It occurred to me that my Start/Stop Eliminator was still installed. So I unplugged it, and wouldn’t you know…the start stop still functions. What happened is, it retained my last setting, so without a physical push button, it comes across as no longer existing…but it does. So I reinstalled the eliminator, set it to off, reinstalled my new radio controller, now my start stop is permanently set to off, and I have nothing inside the bronco that indicates auto start stop ever existed. I’ve also added a couple more pics showing what I had vs what I now have installed, to include my ambient lighting.
IMG_9668.jpeg

IMG_9669.jpeg

IMG_9671.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I happened to have this particular radio/volume/tune controller in my garage. I had my dash apart for a different project, so I decided to plug this controller in to test its functionality in my bronco. To my surprise, all buttons were completely functional. Note: the top middle button is a radio source quick select button, and not the Auto/Start-Stop that normally comes in the bronco. Without that button, the auto start stop no longer exists on my bronco. This panel is identical to the one in my 2022 F150 Raptor where Auto Start Stop was deleted by the factory due to chip shortages. All I need to do was swap over the bronco knobs, as they were the aluminum look knobs out of the f150. That took a total of 5 minutes. .
IMG_9668.jpeg
No longer exists meaning it’s off? Or it is permanently set to on?

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My experience with this was well worth the trouble. The panels remove fairly easily and allow easy access to plug this in. I believe this to be the better solution, because you can actually turn it back on by simply pushing the button. It remembers the last setting and stays in that setting at the next startup.

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s like my Raptor. Not there. Doesn’t cycle on/off

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I get that people are afraid to take apart their Bronco - I'm telling you, it's really easy, just take your time, no clips were harmed in the process. I don't even feel like any clips were even in jeopardy during the procedure. And when you're done, the auto stop switch still works, it just remembers which setting it was left as, so it stays off, but you can turn it on if you want, it feels OEM but better.
Well worth the effort.

A tool like this makes the job really easy:
Ford Bronco Auto Start/Stop Disable Install - What The?? plastic-trim-auto-clip-removal-pry-tool-push_6000148_6073310

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I happened to have this particular radio/volume/tune controller in my garage. I had my dash apart for a different project, so I decided to plug this controller in to test its functionality in my bronco. To my surprise, all buttons were completely functional. Note: the top middle button is a radio source quick select button, and not the Auto/Start-Stop that normally comes in the bronco. Without that button, the auto start stop no longer exists on my bronco. This panel is identical to the one in my 2022 F150 Raptor where Auto Start Stop was deleted by the factory due to chip shortages. All I need to do was swap over the bronco knobs, as they were the aluminum look knobs out of the f150. That took a total of 5 minutes. .
Ford Bronco Auto Start/Stop Disable Install - What The?? plastic-trim-auto-clip-removal-pry-tool-push_6000148_6073310
I'm after something similar, but adding the heated wheel HVAC unit. Neat to see that it works plug and play.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Misinformation…I’ve gone back and edited my original post.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dog