First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just finished a week as crew in the NORRA Mexican 1000. Ford had a decent presence with a Badlands doing the race and a heavily modified Bronco from Ford Performance also in the race along with some interesting chase vehicles and trailers. I believe someone posted the bronco with the bronco trailer last year. In the race last year they ran a stock Wildtrak.

I asked why they were running the Badlands this year given that it had smaller shocks and different steering rack than the Wildtrak. They told me that they were testing based on the version of the Badlands that will be released for 2025, which will have the Fox 2.5 inch live valve shocks. One of them might’ve even said that they thought this would substantially hurt the Wiltrak sales going forward. I guess we will wait to see what the marketing team comes up with to boost the demand for the Wildtrak in 2025.
Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love the suspension on my Wildtrak and think this is a smart choice by Ford.

If they're doing a refresh, add stabar disconnect to Wildtrak and leave it as an EZ button loaded model.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just finished a week as crew in the NORRA Mexican 1000. Ford had a decent presence with a Badlands doing the race and a heavily modified Bronco from Ford Performance also in the race along with some interesting chase vehicles and trailers. I believe someone posted the bronco with the bronco trailer last year. In the race last year they ran a stock Wildtrak.

I asked why they were running the Badlands this year given that it had smaller shocks and different steering rack than the Wildtrak. They told me that they were testing based on the version of the Badlands that will be released for 2025, which will have the Fox 2.5 inch live valve shocks. One of them might’ve even said that they thought this would substantially hurt the Wiltrak sales going forward. I guess we will wait to see what the marketing team comes up with to boost the demand for the Wildtrak in 2025.
I love the suspension on my Wildtrak and think this is a smart choice by Ford.

If they're doing a refresh, add stabar disconnect to Wildtrak and leave it as an EZ button loaded model.
Wait — “live valve” is different than the IBP Fox shocks on WildTrak — no? This sounds like a new / different shock.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

But the Wildtrak is the top dog (other than the Raptor).

Ç'est ne pas vrai! Impossible!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But the Wildtrak is the top dog (other than the Raptor).

Ç'est ne pas vrai! Impossible!
There is one flaw in the "top dog" theory. Every production limited special edition has been based on the Badlands (First Edition and Heritage Limited Edition). So this testing of the Fox live valve shocks doesn't imply that the future Badlands will get this upgrade. But rather the next special edition based on the Badlands will likely have a unique suspension to differentiate it from the herd.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is one flaw in the "top dog" theory. Every production limited special edition has been based on the Badlands (First Edition and Heritage Limited Edition). So this testing of the Fox live valve shocks doesn't imply that the future Badlands will get this upgrade. But rather the next special edition based on the Badlands will likely have a unique suspension to differentiate it from the herd.
LOL, I was being sarcastic, because we all know that the Badlands really is the top dog despite Ford's flawed thinking.

So I agree with you 100%.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford should take inspiration from the Porsche 911 for their 2025 refresh. The Porsche 911 is a timeless classic that has maintained its iconic design while continually evolving to meet modern standards of performance and technology.
You sure about that? The 911 has really been hitting the buffet pretty hard for the last 20 years. :LOL:
#makecarssmallagain
Ford Bronco 2025 Badlands Bronco will have Fox 2.5 inch live valve shocks (per Ford at NORRA Mexican 1000 race) 1715008542453-zs

Ford Bronco 2025 Badlands Bronco will have Fox 2.5 inch live valve shocks (per Ford at NORRA Mexican 1000 race) 1715009273286-k7

Ford Bronco 2025 Badlands Bronco will have Fox 2.5 inch live valve shocks (per Ford at NORRA Mexican 1000 race) 1715009232835-q1

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2025 Badlands will get the live valve 2.5 Fox with a couple thousand bump in pricing.

After hearing about the BL shock upgrade, the shock and horror from the WildTrak drivers not having the most Bronco becomes deafening, so Ford decides to make it the most expensive again and raises the price by $5k with no new upgrades in 2025.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

🤔 We still haven’t seen Oates. @islander98 - were they running a two door, or a four door length Bronco with only two doors?

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2025 Badlands will get the live valve 2.5 Fox with a couple thousand bump in pricing.

After hearing about the BL shock upgrade, the shock and horror from the WildTrak drivers not having the most Bronco becomes deafening, so Ford decides to make it the most expensive again and raises the price by $5k with no new upgrades in 2025.
In 21 the FE was the highest trim, in 22 it was the Everglades and in 23 it was the Braptor with the LEH second, perhaps early 22 the WT could make the claim, but mostly it's been 2nd (now third) in the line-up

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In 21 the FE was the highest trim, in 22 it was the Everglades and in 23 it was the Braptor with the LEH second, perhaps early 22 the WT could make the claim, but mostly it's been 2nd in the line-up
Ooooh, don't tell the 'Trakers that! lol 🤐

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You sure about that? The 911 has really been hitting the buffet pretty hard for the last 20 years. :LOL:
#makecarssmallagain
Ford Bronco 2025 Badlands Bronco will have Fox 2.5 inch live valve shocks (per Ford at NORRA Mexican 1000 race) 1715009232835-q1

I'll take both

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

In 21 the FE was the highest trim, in 22 it was the Everglades and in 23 it was the Braptor with the LEH second, perhaps early 22 the WT could make the claim, but mostly it's been 2nd (now third) in the line-up
Everglades doesnt belong in this conversation.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Everglades was NEVER the highest trim, it's a pimped out Big Bend. It was and remains a lower trim than a Sasquatch OBX.
Sponsored