Zuc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2 Door Base & ‘23 4 Door Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So the left rear defroster connector broke off / separated from the rear glass. Ford says the entire rear glass must be replaced, which they will do under warranty. My rear glass is tinted and they are telling me they won’t pay to re-tint the glass since that isn’t related to the warranty issue. It was my understanding they must make me “whole” again which would mean they should re-tint the glass.

I’m trying to find out if their decision is correct or if I should fight this or just pay to re-tint myself?

IMG_5140.jpeg

IMG_5141.jpeg

IMG_5142.jpeg

IMG_5143.jpeg
Sponsored

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are not required to make you whole. Be glad they didn’t blame the tint shop for breaking the connection off.

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How did it break?

OP
OP
DubZuc

DubZuc

Base
First Name
Zuc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Catmandu1999

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Triumph Spitfire
Your Bronco Model
Base
Strange they want to replace the whole thing, mine also was re-attached (soldered, I thought) under warranty.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was soldered back on under warranty.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Supercrew Platinum 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the left rear defroster connector broke off / separated from the rear glass. Ford says the entire rear glass must be replaced, which they will do under warranty. My rear glass is tinted and they are telling me they won’t pay to re-tint the glass since that isn’t related to the warranty issue. It was my understanding they must make me “whole” again which would mean they should re-tint the glass.

I’m trying to find out if their decision is correct or if I should fight this or just pay to re-tint myself?

Ford Bronco 2 Door Hardtop Rear Defroster Connector Broken Off IMG_5143

I just had the same thing happen a few weeks ago on my ‘23 Badlands rear glass. I initially tried the Permatex 21351 Electrically Conductive Rear Window Defogger Tab Adhesive. Followed the directions to a T. Only held for two weeks. Decided to call the dealer. The first service tech I spoke with told me the same thing you were told…they would have to replace the entire rear glass, which I thought was absolutely absurd. They said to bring it in for warranty photos so they could place order. When I took it in, the service manager took the photos and said Ford has a repair kit, no need to order new glass. Repair using the repair kit (a different adhesive) was made. The tab is on correctly and thus far, no issues.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just had the same thing happen a few weeks ago on my ‘23 Badlands rear glass. I initially tried the Permatex 21351 Electrically Conductive Rear Window Defogger Tab Adhesive. Followed the directions to a T. Only held for two weeks. Decided to call the dealer. The first service tech I spoke with told me the same thing you were told…they would have to replace the entire rear glass, which I thought was absolutely absurd. They said to bring it in for warranty photos so they could place order. When I took it in, the service manager took the photos and said Ford has a repair kit, no need to order new glass. Repair using the repair kit (a different adhesive) was made. The tab is on correctly and thus far, no issues.
Seems like silver epoxy would fix. We used to use this at work for required conductive attachments in the RF world. Best to let the dealer handle this under warranty though...

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I used the Permatex adhesive on mine, it took 2 tries, but it has held for a year now.

CelticCactus

Badlands
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has broken recently as well. Grateful to see this thread before it goes to the shop next wk. Maybe they should do a recall since so many are breaking

OP
OP
DubZuc

DubZuc

Base
First Name
Zuc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They told me they used to repair, but Ford now requires they replace the entire rear glass 🤷🏻

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They told me they used to repair, but Ford now requires they replace the entire rear glass 🤷🏻
I think it really depends upon the dealership and the advisor. If you dig through here a bit you can find older threads with the same topic - connector breaks off, cust visits dealer, dealer says replace whole glass, glass BO'd for months . . . cust goes DIY route with mixed success . . . customers start to report that *some* dealers begin opting for "fix" also with mixed success.

Sounds like it never really got resolved. 2 DR HT here so continue to follow with some interest.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you have been working with? I would like to take a closer look into this on my end.
Sponsored