RandyStewart

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone had a conversation with their dealer why their Day 1 reservation was NOT picked?

I have a 7/13 reservation, and I am allocation #2. My dealer said he really doesn’t understand why they skipped me based on other builds they selected. He has a call into his rep. Guess we shall see.
My dealer told me this morning that he has given up even trying to pretend like he knows what Ford is doing with these orders. Said it is extremely frustrating because they told people they were "in their allocation" numbers and now Ford is pulling reservations that aren't in the allocation. He said there have been almost exact orders pulled with later timestamps so doesn't believe it to be any kind of commodity constraint as to why the early reservations aren't being pulled
Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer contact is less than enthusiastic about keeping people up to date on the status of their orders or their place in line. I brought information to him from the forums twice before he “heard about it from Ford.” All I heard from him was “You’ll know where your build stands come May.” I’m doing my best to patiently wait until May before I call him to see what’s going on with my order. I’ll just keep seeing how the Thursday lotteries play out I guess. If I get shoved to a 22’ I’m gonna be pissed (just like the rest of you unlucky souls). Day 1 reservation holder here.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer told me this morning that he has given up even trying to pretend like he knows what Ford is doing with these orders. Said it is extremely frustrating because they told people they were "in their allocation" numbers and now Ford is pulling reservations that aren't in the allocation. He said there have been almost exact orders pulled with later timestamps so doesn't believe it to be any kind of commodity constraint as to why the early reservations aren't being pulled
Could it possibly be paint color, not a commodity, that is grouping some later reservations before others at the same dealer?

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m shocked I didn’t get an email today with an 8/17 order. Oh well! 😂 Maybe in 8 months.
If I don’t get pulled for an early build within the next couple weeks I’m pushing to 22 to see what Heritage Pkg looks like... this defeats the whole purpose of having a first night reservation.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer just told me my 7/13@7:48PM FE order (first batch before they doubled the number of FE) is scheduled for production in August. That means September before I see it. Not really a first edition vehicle, not even a second or third edition. They should have just called it Platinum or something else...set the wrong expectation for us. Trying to not be mad.

On the other hand, my brother worked final inspection at Toyota and Tesla. He is the guy that goes through everything, approves/rejects vehicles and puts the window sticker on. He says never get the first thousand vehicles from any brand, ever. 100% of first 300 Tesla Model X Teslas went straight to repair shop. First 1000 Model S were absolute junk. Toyota usually has a 25% fail rate with a lot less vehicles outright rejected than Tesla. Usually takes a few thousand vehicles before they work out all the production and supplier problems. So that could be a positive.
Yeah, that is how I console myself: “maybe I don’t want June production, maybe July or August will be safer quality-wise”

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, that is how I console myself: “maybe I don’t want June production, maybe July or August will be safer quality-wise”
Thats where I want to be, said if it got build by Sept that would be good, if it drags beyond that, MY22 comes into play. My gut says I should get a July/Aug build but who knows at this point.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No clue, I'm Carb Gray though
Perhaps the “priority code”. I read somewhere before that it should be between 10 and 19 for MY21. My printed order shows a priority code of 19. Perhaps Ford is going deeper into each dealers allocation time stamps looking for codes less than 19. I know I’ve seen plenty of posts over these last couple months where people have had a priority code of 10. However, that would defeat the purpose of a time stamp, allowing dealers to shuffle things around.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wish I could pretend I'm not annoyed and disappointed. Reservation time stamp 5 Mins after they opened and #1 reservation and allocation at my dealer and nothing. It is what it is, just disappointing.

Sponsored

mvilimek

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, 5GBronco, Fusion, Mach1, F-53, MachE, PA28
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't think Bronco will have the same problems. It's basically a Ranger. And Ford has been building and testing a lot of vehicles. Here's to hoping Ford has their shit together. 🍻
That is what I said to him.

He pointed out that the problems they ran into were less to do with the chassis and drive train, but all the stuff you will see or notice. The door gaps, stitching seams, weird rattles, all the minor fit and finish work that gets adjusted over time.

He said all those Tesla service vehicle as well as the ones you see with SpaceX and the Boring company are unshippable production line rejects that got a second life as a company vehicle. One of them had a body were one side was a few MM off front the other side. So the passenger door was further ahead than the drivers door. Took them a while to figure out why they couldn't rework the vehicle and ship it to the customer that ordered it. The robot screwed up on placement, now they have fixtures and laser measurements to prevent that. Toyota had similar problems with their Tacoma pickups and Corolla production...but had fewer upfront and solved them faster. Its all the little things that folks don't figure out right away.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is what I said to him.

He pointed out that the problems they ran into were less to do with the chassis and drive train, but all the stuff you will see or notice. The door gaps, stitching seams, weird rattles, all the minor fit and finish work that gets adjusted over time.

He said all those Tesla service vehicle as well as the ones you see with SpaceX and the Boring company are unshippable production line rejects that got a second life as a company vehicle. One of them had a body were one side was a few MM off front the other side. So the passenger door was further ahead than the drivers door. Took them a while to figure out why they couldn't rework the vehicle and ship it to the customer that ordered it. The robot screwed up on placement, now they have fixtures and laser measurements to prevent that. Toyota had similar problems with their Tacoma pickups and Corolla production...but had fewer upfront and solved them faster. Its all the little things that folks don't figure out right away.
Thanks. I'm feeling a little better now, not getting a build email. Let them work out the "bugs" for a while. I can wait a little longer. Take care!

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wifey just bought a LR for her bday a few days ago 🤦‍♂️

B12CCBEE-7CFE-40F4-8185-6ACF62B8B24D.jpeg

3465880C-F36B-4E68-8F9C-F47E54305243.jpeg

E04B1DC3-2403-49A5-8FD2-9F6E193A894B.jpeg
Every photo of a new car I see from a Florida dealership has a big bow on it like the commercials. I've never seen this anywhere else in the Continental US. Anyone else have their local dealerships copying the classic Christmas commercials?

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Every photo of a new car I see from a Florida dealership has a big bow on it like the commercials. I've never seen this anywhere else in the Continental US. Anyone else have their local dealerships copying the classic Christmas commercials?
they only put a bow because it was her birthday lol
Sponsored