Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer just told me my 7/13@7:48PM FE order (first batch before they doubled the number of FE) is scheduled for production in August. That means September before I see it. Not really a first edition vehicle, not even a second or third edition. They should have just called it Platinum or something else...set the wrong expectation for us. Trying to not be mad.

On the other hand, my brother worked final inspection at Toyota and Tesla. He is the guy that goes through everything, approves/rejects vehicles and puts the window sticker on. He says never get the first thousand vehicles from any brand, ever. 100% of first 300 Tesla Model X Teslas went straight to repair shop. First 1000 Model S were absolute junk. Toyota usually has a 25% fail rate with a lot less vehicles outright rejected than Tesla. Usually takes a few thousand vehicles before they work out all the production and supplier problems. So that could be a positive.
I don't think Bronco will have the same problems. It's basically a Ranger. And Ford has been building and testing a lot of vehicles. Here's to hoping Ford has their shit together. 🍻
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone had a conversation with their dealer why their Day 1 reservation was NOT picked?

I have a 7/13 reservation, and I am allocation #2. My dealer said he really doesn’t understand why they skipped me based on other builds they selected. He has a call into his rep. Guess we shall see.

BuckingBronco72

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone had a conversation with their dealer why their Day 1 reservation was NOT picked?

I have a 7/13 reservation, and I am allocation #2. My dealer said he really doesn’t understand why they skipped me based on other builds they selected. He has a call into his rep. Guess we shall see.
“I’ll call my guy” hahahaha I’ve heard that line a couple times already and everything I’ve been told was a lie. These guys don’t know anything and make shit up. You could probably call Billy Ford JR himself and I bet he wouldn’t know what’s going on.

BuckingBronco72

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealer just told me my 7/13@7:48PM FE order (first batch before they doubled the number of FE) is scheduled for production in August. That means September before I see it. Not really a first edition vehicle, not even a second or third edition. They should have just called it Platinum or something else...set the wrong expectation for us. Trying to not be mad.

On the other hand, my brother worked final inspection at Toyota and Tesla. He is the guy that goes through everything, approves/rejects vehicles and puts the window sticker on. He says never get the first thousand vehicles from any brand, ever. 100% of first 300 Tesla Model X Teslas went straight to repair shop. First 1000 Model S were absolute junk. Toyota usually has a 25% fail rate with a lot less vehicles outright rejected than Tesla. Usually takes a few thousand vehicles before they work out all the production and supplier problems. So that could be a positive.
With all the blunders they’ve had already and now they can’t even get the build order right makes me really worried what the build process will turn out to be.

Sponsored

Pepper

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350, 2001 F250 Super Duty 7.3L Dsl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, I hear that. In July I saw this FJ45 advertised at the same place I picked up my FJ40, 7 days after making the Bronco reservation. I was so tempted to say screw it, but it was so early on in the process that I stupidly had hope of getting the Bronco sooner than September (my guess). Would've saved me about 10K too, I think it was advertised at $42,900. Oh well.

1619115106453.png
Damn that looks good, I grew up with a 74 FJ40 and sold it in the late 80s. Could now kick myself in the ass. Been looking for a long time for another, just have not found the one. Great looking rigs the pics and your profile. FJ40s have a special place in my world.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn that looks good, I grew up with a 74 FJ40 and sold it in the late 80s. Could now kick myself in the ass. Been looking for a long time for another, just have not found the one. Great looking rigs the pics and your profile. FJ40s have a special place in my world.
Thanks man, I hope the right one pops up for you. I've certainly grown attached in the short time I've had Blue, and can only imagine your regret.

Daltonm33

Base
First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

7/14 - 21:09 reservation - had issues with the reservation system or it would have been sooner!
Base, Sasquatch, 2.7L, MIC top, rapid red, mod. bumper, switches, door keyless pad, rubber mats
No e-mail today...disappointed...I need to stop following everything so closely to avoid the disappointment!

Daltonm33

Base
First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

7/14 - 21:09 reservation - had issues with the reservation system or it would have been sooner!
Base, Sasquatch, 2.7L, MIC top, rapid red, mod. bumper, switches, door keyless pad, rubber mats
No e-mail today...disappointed...I need to stop following everything so closely to avoid the disappointment!
I have a very similar build and res date as you. I think it’s because of Sasquatch. Seems like most of the builds were BB and no Sasquatch. Also seemed like not very many bases were scheduled either.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our first order got pulled this week (not counting the priority or FCTP units) and it was #1 by reservation time stamp, not reservation number. It was a base with no commodity issues so it made sense why they pulled it. What doesn't make sense is them pulling orders that are not in the allocation "window" by either reservation number or time stamp. All of this goes against what we have been told. But to answer the question, no, there have been no communications from Ford to the dealers concerning a change to order build changes. Your guess is as good as mine.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no way your dealer can know about a build in August yet. Pure speculation on their part, they don't have enough data/facts yet. Keep the faith. If two forum members that reserved a vehicle, one in February and one in March of 2021 can already have a production date (happened this week) then you sure as hell can get a production date prior to August.

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Crazy! I have no basis for this thought, but it popped in my head; do you think the computers are running based on “timestamp” of actual order date versus reservation?

RandyStewart

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Crazy! I have no basis for this thought, but it popped in my head; do you think the computers are running based on “timestamp” of actual order date versus reservation?
I wouldn't think so because I was the first one through the door at my dealer to place the order. Also an hour 2 reservation. Both of those in play and I'm sitting here watching my exact build get pulled for people that reserved weeks after.
Sponsored