First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To me it looks like someone clipped something on it, then dragged it to move it, then maybe saw it was messing stuff up, so took it off. I have a garage door opener with a 3/4" metal clip that if I tried to do that, it would leave a mark like that.

Do you have any other people using this car or who might otherwise have done something?
No one else drives my car typically. I’ve had maybe a few instances where someone has driven it for a short time. And as for an opener, I’ve removed my garage door opener on my driver side before and it leaves a mark but for me it went away after a day or two. I just don’t think a scratch would cause the plastic to deform like that and take a new shape allowing it to bubble under normal circumstances.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one else drives my car typically. I’ve had maybe a few instances where someone has driven it for a short time. And as for an opener, I’ve removed my garage door opener on my driver side before and it leaves a mark but for me it went away after a day or two. I just don’t think a scratch would cause the plastic to deform like that and take a new shape allowing it to bubble under normal circumstances.
I've seen the same thing, that it deformed then went away. This looks like someone manhandled it and it stretched further than it could rebound. I guess you could make the case it's defective plastic, it would just take a dealer service department going to bat for you and even then not sure they could get it warrantied.

The visors are a fail overall (completely worthless to me because they block nearly half the small windshield). You might see if some used parts places have a replacement that's cheaper than new, I assume they're all the same.

OP
OP
Palooza

Palooza

Big Bend
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've seen the same thing, that it deformed then went away. This looks like someone manhandled it and it stretched further than it could rebound. I guess you could make the case it's defective plastic, it would just take a dealer service department going to bat for you and even then not sure they could get it warrantied.

The visors are a fail overall (completely worthless to me because they block nearly half the small windshield). You might see if some used parts places have a replacement that's cheaper than new, I assume they're all the same.
I agree the sun visors suck! I never use them because then I would be driving blindly. I have already ordered a sun visor replacement on eBay that came off a totaled Bronco. This route was $180 cheaper then what my service rep quoted me so in the end not too disappointed that it didn’t get it warrantied.

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Mabett you might want to look into making 3/4 or 1/2 height visors that aren't hazardous like the factory ones.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The visors are a fail overall (completely worthless to me because they block nearly half the small windshield).
I have a 6" strip of 5% tint across the top of my windshield and have never needed the visors once since doing that. Visibility is much better.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 6" strip of 5% tint across the top of my windshield and have never needed the visors once since doing that. Visibility is much better.
I draped a 1' square microfiber cloth between the visor and the part above it, then folded about 2-3" of it over. When I need it, I drop that down. Works well, especially when I need it out the passenger side, I can move it to draping down from the roll bar.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Mabett you might want to look into making 3/4 or 1/2 height visors that aren't hazardous like the factory ones.
I have wondered why other people say they don’t like the visors. They work great for me. You do know the seat height is adjustable. (not being a smart-ass I promise)

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have wondered why other people say they don’t like the visors. They work great for me. You do know the seat height is adjustable. (not being a smart-ass I promise)
I'm 6' 3" and sit tall; currently, the top of my head is to the left not below the roll bar. Even if I put the seat all the way down, it's still too tall. Additionally, it's so heavy and not aligned well that when you take it down and move it to the window, it's not only too short for the 2dr (by a lot, which is where my head happens to be), it also wobbles and doesn't provide great coverage anyway.

While I'm glad it works for you and others, to me it's worthless and I'm not the only one who thinks so on 6g.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm 6' 3" and sit tall; currently, the top of my head is to the left not below the roll bar. Even if I put the seat all the way down, it's still too tall. Additionally, it's so heavy and not aligned well that when you take it down and move it to the window, it's not only too short for the 2dr (by a lot, which is where my head happens to be), it also wobbles and doesn't provide great coverage anymore.
Figured it was a tall people issue. (Do i sound jealous lol).
Also they extend out but probably not far enough for a 2 door. So far mine don’t wobble but the damn paracord grab handles get in the way (wife likes the grab handles I don’t)

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Figured it was a tall people issue. (Do i sound jealous lol).
Also they extend out but probably not far enough for a 2 door. So far mine don’t wobble but the damn paracord grab handles get in the way (wife likes the grab handles I don’t)
No not at all! :LOL:

It is definitely a 2dr issue more than 4dr. People don't realize how long that door is. They should've made it lighter and put a pull out on it. The ones on my 2dr Chevy are great, and I miss them in the Bronco.

I have the paracord only on the passenger side. I also tuck it up between the top and roll bar, so it's not in my line of site.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2023 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm 6' 3" and sit tall; currently, the top of my head is to the left not below the roll bar. Even if I put the seat all the way down, it's still too tall. Additionally, it's so heavy and not aligned well that when you take it down and move it to the window, it's not only too short for the 2dr (by a lot, which is where my head happens to be), it also wobbles and doesn't provide great coverage anyway.

While I'm glad it works for you and others, to me it's worthless and I'm not the only one who thinks so on 6g.
I guess I don't understand the issue.
I'm not as tall as you, but tall enough that with any car I've had I rarely pull the visors all the way down. I just pull them down enough to barely block the sun.

Cav427

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 5.0 6 Speed, 2024 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really don't blame people for being skeptical, including Ford on warrantee claims. There are those out there that don't get oil changes or check fluids and make warranty claims after the engine spontaneously disassembles itself and the liquid left in the crankcase is thick and doesn't drain. Pretty maddening, fake claims do cost everyone money when not caught, one reason for rising prices.
Sponsored